1.07 News, Info and Gossip

That would be great. I'll keep an eye for those.

Now I'll probably switch few charms and then eventually, hopefully switch them back to FRW ones with res :)

*Picks jaw up off floor...*

You wanna know what's ABSOLUTELY insane about your runner, @Grape?

Hell Council are ALL LIGHTNING IMMUNE!!!!!

1.07 continues to surprise and amaze me, lol...

As to your question, yes, max LR would help alot, even moreso would be more MDR... You could try crafting a similar jav using the safety recipe instead for some MDR... if you happen to have some, a Mal rune in armor/shield gives 7 MDR:rolleyes:

1.07 Jewels can get up to +30% individual rez, rez all is badly nerfed, tho (+5%max)

WoRG

P.S. Quick question for the timetravelling gang: is there a 1.08 thread? There didn't used to be, but someone may have made one while I was away...

Last edited:
It helps that LF carries phys dmg in 1.07, IIRC? Maybe you have just forgot that :)

But yea, it's really surprisingly effective with all the pierce and that amp!

Can't wait to get rid of that map and try a one where they are all tightly packed in the balcony. I'll rack one GF first though, between the runs...

I'll try some safety crafts, maybe. Good suggestion! Oh, and I have one Mal but I'll hold to that since I may need it later for Beta CtA. Depends if I start rushing for HFs or not, I guess.

I used safety crafts when I made a bow for my rogue to provide amp dmg. Only a few points but it doesn't hurt. Not like a tiny bit more ED/leech makes a big difference from blood crafts, anyway.

edit: use the mal for a deadly craft belt in 1.08 just for kicks. 2x um is easy enough to get from hell forge but mal is very hard to find in 1.07/1.08!

I found an IAS/29% Cold Res Jewel the other day, so I would assume max single res is 30% like in later patches
If you ever plan to use a merc, save it for their tal's armor or valkwing. That's so useful for council mercs (or all-purpose mercs)

I need to continue leveling my Barbarian in cows, but my Sorc LK/RoF map is so good I don't want to lose it. Decisions, decisions...

I didn't do anything with my sorc until this RFO for about 3 years because I was happy with the map (it wasn't anything crazy, tbh) but eventually I had to rush some new chars for LK, cows, etc. so if you haven't rushed a few chars, you may want to do so.

I have my Sorc (lvl 87), 3 Barbs (67, 42, 41), 2 Paladins (66, 42), 1 Amazon (55), 1 Assa (42),

Should've rushed some Sorcs

Or I could just quickly play one, I have enough twinking items I think.

Here's what I pick up running LK/RoF
all charms
all jewels
Ral runes
Amn runes and higher
rare rings/amulets/gloves/belts/boots
all assault helmets/avenger guards and their exceptional/elite versions, other base items look too ugly on character to use, but with the amount of lion helms I see drop I might start picking them all up
all orbs
all circlets
all flawless gems
normal/flawed/chipped sapphires
magic long bows/hunter's bows (low req, -10 base speed, can get 4 sockets, looking for huge poison damage)

any suggestions? I dislike druids, so I disregard pelts.

I run with an empty inventory and have the cube in stash (full of keys = 144). Drop by Cain once my inventory is full, sell what I don't need, put the rest away in stash (don't cube up flawless). Usually the 144 keys are about enough until I have to mule.

Last edited:
I pick up wands/scepters/staves for buffing chars for cows and other stuff.

ex/ enchant orbs, prayer scepter, oak safe/summoning/grizzly pelt, barb helms...

I made sure to pick up cudgels and whatever until I got a few +3 skill tree for BO, drood summoning, etc.

I pick all the barb and druid helms also. I agree that those that you mentioned are the most stylish, but when some insane one drops and you get 3 sockets, it won't matter that much anymore. I'd pick Druid pelts, too, even if you don't like them. You just might get inspired by some interesting skill combo you find.

Also, pick Orts if you want to craft (lesser recipe) weapons.

All lower emeralds, topazes and rubies too, if you want to roll rings.

I keep all the normal gems as well, along with flawlesses and will maybe roll something with them in 1.10a (claws probably).

Sometimes I pick shields and body armors if there's space, these can get good with Larzuk. (3 sockets max for shields and 4 for armors).

How do you find a safe spot for leechers in cows? I've never tried it, but my imagination tells me I'd have to kill quite a few to force a safe spot, especially as the map would be random?

I have somewhere between 50 and 100 Orts and plenty of lower gems of other colors, just stopped picking them up at a certain point.

I forgot I pick up magic/rare elite paladin shields and magic light elite armors (Dusk Shrouds etc, though those are rare).

@helvete Tele to a wall then find a corner, clear the corner with sorc and bring leechers in. Sorc takes her tp and uses red tp to prevent drawing more in. I did this in 1.09 and had little problems.

@WoRG No 1.08 guides anywhere. I'm jotting some things down but I believe helvete is working on one.

In 1.07 LF carries all damages in all bolts. Physical, elemental, poison, etc. They fixed this "bug" in 1.08 sadly. Either way, it will be gg.

How do you find a safe spot for leechers in cows? I've never tried it, but my imagination tells me I'd have to kill quite a few to force a safe spot, especially as the map would be random?
Here's my strat for HC, so you KNOW I don't want to risk death at all.

General:
1) Tele along wall until you find one of the enclosed corners or a general corner. Usually you will have to kill some cows (~5-20). Make TP Preferably nowhere near cow king since you might kite him a bit.
2) Bring in whatever chars you want, but keep an eye on sorc and/or merc to make sure they aren't being hit since even a buffed merc will die quickly vs multiple cows if unattended. You may want to BO in catacombs 2 or something beforehand to be safe.
3) switch back to sorc and carve your way outward in whatever directions necessary until you eel confident enough. PRobably only need to clear a radius ~3* screens.

Char/drops specific:
1) If you don't care about EXP at all, you want as many stragglers as you can bother bringing into your game IN the cow lvl as possible since more players IN the area = more drops. Sadly, being in-game and partied isn't enough for increased drops in my experience. Some people say this isn't true but I see a huge difference. Test it yourself and report back?
2) Again, if you don't care about stragglers getting some of your exp, make them USEFUL. prayer, meditation, holy freeze, vigor auras, BO barb, drood w/ oak sage + bear... I've found all of them useful for topping up HP/mana or having huge life/mana boost when nearby. I think my oak sage lvl is like 40 which gives it a decent range. This is especially useful for mercs :)
3) If you do care about exp being wasted on mules, only bring in the ones you want to maximize exp for or some minimum number of additional chars for added drops.

*cows tend to wander and desync a bit, and if you have minions they might draw some in from slightly further out

Racking Windforce possible??
Amidst all of the Mephisto runs I've been doing, I pop the armor and weapon rack before going to act 4. Yesterday, the weapon rack dropped 2 bows. Long bow and short siege. But you can't rack bows right? Well, just now I racked this:
oilrack.jpg

I realize this is 1.14, but the point is, the racks in Durance lv 3 don't seem to follow the rules. I still haven't seen any staffs, but either way, if anyone is playing 1.07 i think you should run these racks. If you can rack a Hydra Bow or Archon Staff, I think we'll be in good shape :)

I've thought about this a bit... the problem I think is that this may not be possible or feasibly doable in 1.07, since racks are so stable.

This rarely happens outside of normal racks (someone made a thread about this a few years ago, where they ran the countess tower cellar... I'll see if I can dig it up)

edit: enjoy

https://www.purediablo.com/forums/threads/item-generation-from-racks.788376/

my suggestion: start off in normal A1 such as tower cellar in 1.07 and see if you can get any unusual drops. Then, if successful, consider trying a later area!

Gah, after some testing it looks like were still SOL on that Windforce/Stormspire. I conducted a test using a modified map, then did various ilvl restrictions. In 1.07/1.08, the game would NOT drop any bows or staffs. It would crash under Ilvl restrictions. In 1.14 however, bows and staffs are capable of dropping. Here is a modified test result:
Screenshot001.jpg
As you can see, they fixed it in newer patches to rack bows and such. But at a much much lower chance. **** i was really wanting an 08 stormspire haha

Spent some very successful time racking in 1.07 yesterday, finally got a gold Legendary Mallet... been trying for one for literally years, so that was awesome!!!

Awhile back, at the end of the old IFT, @GalaXyHaXz had noted that in 1.08, Larzuk still only put 4 sockets in poles, just like 1.07. This caught my attention, as I had always assumed (and had been told on multiple occasions) that, along with the other stats for weapons & armor, maxsockets had been updated to pretty much the same as modern patches in 1.08. As there is no dedicated 1.08 thread, I thought I would share my findings here, as probably the only people who would play 1.08 would also play 1.07, and I know that @helvete will want this info when he gets around to doing the 1.08 guide...

[Highlight]Sockets in 1.08[/Highlight]
If you look at the patch notes for 1.08, you will find the following:
- Enabled sockets on certain items, increase sockets potential on others.
I have always though this meant that 1.08 was when most items had their maxsockets stat set to modern levels...it turns out this is only partially true. Sockets in 1.08 are kinda midway between 1.07 and modern patches for weapons, but pretty much up to date on armor.
Code:
Axes        same as modern in 1.07 & 1.08
Bows        max 5 sox, like 1.07
Claws       like modern, 3 sox is possible
Xbows       same as modern in 1.07 & 1.08
Hammers     same as modern in 1.07 & 1.08
Maces       same as modern in 1.07 & 1.08
Polearms    max 4 sox, like 1.07
Spears      max 4 sox, like 1.07
Swords      max 5 sox, like 1.07
Staves      same as modern in 1.07 & 1.08
Wands       like modern, 2 sox possible
Orbs        No sockets, like 1.07 

Shields     Monarch, Ward, & Aegis can get 4 sox, like modern
Circlets    I think 1 socket, like 1.07 (no white circlets until 1.09+)

Larzuk's quest reward (Socket an item) is like modern: maxsox in white/eth 
items, only 1-2 holes in Blues, and only 1 in Crafts, Rares, Sets, or Uniques

1.08 still has the bug where if you create an item using a cube recipe, socket
affixes (Mechanic's, Artisan's, Jeweler's) can spawn, but will NOT give sockets
Also in the 1.08 patch notes is this little note:
- Added potential sockets for Troll nest and Blade barrier shields.
Well, apparently 'potential sockets' are a special kind that suckers you into wasting your Larzuk quests... if you show him a Troll Nest or Blade Barrier, he'll take it (normally Larzuk will NOT take an item he can't poke holes in, for example, he refuses to take an orb), but if you hit the 'go' button, it will use the quest, will turn a white item gray, and the word 'Socketed' will appear at the bottom of the items readout...but there are NO sockets (normally, socketed items also note '(#: #used)', this is missing as well).
This was fixed in 1.09, and its apparently in 1.09 that sockets were finalized at modern levels (1.09 patch notes):
- Added potential for sockets to Bone Visage Elite Bone Helm, Troll's Nest and Blade Barrier Elite Shields.
- Increased maximum number of sockets for some items.

WoRG

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High