1.07 News, Info and Gossip

@pharphis The King of 1.00 needs your advise for 1.07. I guess tomorrow evening I am going to complete my 1.00 challenge and as such I am planning to join the RFO on 1.07. What I would like to know is what I should forward from 1.00 to my 1.07 sorc or what should I regear at this point. Cast is obviously lacking!

my 1.07 sorc at level 78
View attachment 4722

You'll probably need to rack stuff in 1.07 or kill bosses for things like wall of the eyeless (20 fcr). It depends a lot on where you want to run, though.

I'd probably drop the MF for crappy fcr rings/ammies (or craft the res rings for mediorce rings with fcr and//or mpk if you're lucky)

Ofc, Ark's (lvl 85) makes most safety stuff unneeded tbh.

@pharphis well I do have a mpk ring, but it isn't that great either...

View attachment 4723

What I am currently thinking is forwarding these from 1.00 (I don't really need them on 1.00 anymore as I already got better)
View attachment 4724
I can gamble wall of the Eyeless easely on 1.00 (just need to do a bit of goldfarming). On the amu side I don't have much better unfortuniatly, so I guess I have to gamble and craft some amu's).

If you can gamble a couple gulls on 1.00, you can dual wield them with your sorc, so as to get to the 556% MF breakpoint for hell meph, who will then pretty quickly net you 2x Razorswitch or even 2x Suicide Branch. Or one of each. Anyway, these can now be dual wielded for (almost) all the cast you could ever want.

With the shift-buy rejuv trick, keeping a merc alive against meph is easy too.

Just get a mediocre prismatic ammy craft :) (6x pgems, not pskull). Any of them with mediocre avg res mods and ok secondary mod should be sufficient. You might even get a MF one if that's what you like.

even one razorswitch is nice if you don't want to bug weapons (I haven't done it myself, yet) but best of all is racking a wizardspike. Huge mana, fcr, res and you get a shield on top? Sign me up

I think I start the @helvete's way as that is the easiest way... Why? See what I just gambled on 1.00 :). Also I can convert a random blue prism amu with ease aswell from 1.00. Good advices to get started indeed. Took me 7 daggers (got one with 32 dura aswell, derp!) Also 17M to go (did alot of runs today ^^)!

View attachment 4725

I'm in the process of racking my second wizardspike. When dual-wielded, all resist and mana problems are solved instantly, and can even do 100 more cast, which is easy by magefist, valk wing, vipermagi, ring and amulet. Which leaves room for a SoJ for even more mana.

ES and decent equipment allows me to survive being hit with the corkscrew of death. Baal is stingy nonetheless, but I'm not giving in until I have String of Ears and preferably most of the jewelry.
View attachment 4739
Ring was manald, the worst possible roll. Ali Baba might prove useful, but only in the very unlikely event I have IST runes to spare, or MF jewels which can push the MF past 50 (gull, 35% static MF on Ali Baba).
View attachment 4740
Amulet was Mahim Oak, which is the same as in 1.00... not worth the bother. Rockstopper has horrific stats compared to later versions, and isn't worth the bother either.

EDIT: Got the SoE. Time to plan travibarb out...

EDIT2: Check it out! Can finally dual-wield these bad boys!
View attachment 4741

Last edited:
I used ali baba on my barb instead of gull once I reached ~96 because I liked the huge goldfind boost. I just put lems in it.

That was switch weapons, right? What is your build, skill-wise? I plan to use arkaines, BK set, guillaumes, SoE, LoH, some rare 1.00 boots (probably) and some jewelry I haven't lucked out on yet. Perhaps angelic combo for the AR while I wait for that luck. What would you socket in the four sockets available?

What I used (from memory) was

ark (ptopaz)
unique barb helm w/ ptopaz (forget name, but you know the one)
mav belt (or SoE.. but I think mav belt for mana leech and frw)
nat's boots for frw
2x grand father (HC = need life)
HLW ammy I think, again for frw/lite res
2x blood rings that were OP
LoH

weapon swap was wizzeh (fcr helps a lot for horking) + gull and later the gull was replaced by ali baba with 2x lem.

rogue merc had amp dmg bow and 120 ias for 2.5 attacks per sec (iirc) to proc amp dmg which worked very well.

As for skills I think I threw random extra pints in zerk/nat res/increased speed but definitely maxed find item, weapon mastery, WW and BO.

If I had a mal rune and wasn't afraid to use it and was going to do another 99er barb, i'd probably put it in the armor or helm for some mdr, because even with stacked lite res there were a handful of instances where I took 5k/sec from MSLECE/conviction stuff

uhh docks because I always forgot to use TPs lol. FRW helps a lot just running from the wp to council, though.

I'm so bad at this game. Druid died. 1k life gone in 2 hits from MSLE act 1 nightmare >_>
I don't know what build I'm supposed to get through the game the first time.. I'm trying a really really stupid assassin build, and will probably do amazon as well. Amazon is what I did last time and it worked ok, but I like that assassin doesn't need keys and has extra boost to frw.

@jimsfriend Aww, that sucks man. MSLEs are terrible, with those invisible bolt. They got me couple times during my first playthrough, and there was basically nothing to be done, other than to check every bosses stats carefully before doing any damage. Still, I think Sorc has the best chances to survive those, if played carefully. Amazon probably pretty well too. I've never tried Assassins in 1.07, but I imagine good usage of CoS can make things reasonably safe.

1.07 is sometimes so unfair I have hard time understanding how you HC players can handle it. I'd just be angry and terrified, all the time.

Msleb is way worse on 1.00 imo, if extra fast is in the mix bolts will move even faster and holy freeze covers more than the mobs enitre screen. While on 1.07 msleb is pretty dodgable, act 5 has plenty of places with no bosses on 1.00 infector, seis and Grand Visier can and will spawn msleb. Still msleb is pretty dodgable, extra fast seis isn't and kills you within seconds if unlucky. Also grand visier with extra fast + might or holy freeze kills your char.

1.07 is heaven sometimes!

I'm currently a tourist in 1.07, in my search for some racks. Just been playing a Sorc for a few minutes here and there, she's right around the end of Act 1 Normal (a blistering pace, I know).

There's quite a few changes I've noticed already, outside of the very obvious ones (like no synergies). For example the gems having a different drop sound gave me a surprise, my Rogue Merc having a running animation (why was this taken out?) and the fact that level 1 Ice Blast just does "10 Damage". It actually made me laugh at how straightforward it was.

Definitely feeling the lack of /players command as I start to use it quite quickly. Nor does the early Countess running seem particularly wise.

I guess I'll just have to.. -gasp- play the game normally? How frightening.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High