Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

Aerodactyl, but I'll probably get one in Connecticut this weekend assuming Gen 2 doesn't take majority of the spawns. There's a twitter down there that locates all rare pokemon and pokemon with high ivs.

*serves celebratory drinks for Gen 2 coming out this weekend.

*serves Dew

*serves water

*serves wine

*serves bourbon

*serves tea

Yeah, that definitely seems an issue with modern games. I always wonder if that is the case because game companies value balance that much, or if it is because more and more players seem to hate it when build x, which they aren't playing at the time, is somewhat stronger than their own build, and according to them that's the biggest injustice in recent history.

It's only really a problem if you have to play build x just to beat the game. Otherwise (especially in games that are not multiplayer or online only) it seems like they are making too big of a deal about it.

I think it is the growth of the internet, and alot* of people feel like they need to be playing the OP cookie cutter build rather than a build they find fun.

*just for kegstegs

you were always my favourite

and you're my favourite Femadian :)

So I work nights. Last night I got really bored and decided to draw diablo, but instead of the soul stone being shoved in the Warrior's head from diablo 1 it was shoved in the Barbarian's head.

a8aHePN.jpg

Mind you, you will want to be careful where you shove soul stones into. There was this massive argument amongst the prime evils about this when Diablo suggested it should be shoved where the sun doesn't shine and Mephisto carelessly put it in the cellar.

Do native speakers really write "alot"? It sound like the start of an allotment...

I do remember the teacher say that our English must be on the level of native speakers and I thought "well, I've seen the writing of some native speakers, and I can do better than that. However, I can not do better than the English of properly educated native speakers..."

Lots of native speakers use "alot" but that's incorrect and they should be shunned by their friends and family for this. Unacceptable.

An important thing to note is that native speakers have an inherent understanding of very small parts of speech and regional speech patterns change things too. I find most of my ESL students to actually understand the formality of the English language really well, it's the tweaks where issues come up. Colloquialisms are the biggest part of this, but it goes does to really small things. The mispronunciation of certain letters, or syllables. A lot of the population gets annoyed by it, but we really shouldn't since if we were put into a new country or area where a different language is spoken, we'd have the exact same issue.
A number of educational studies have shown this to be a large contribution xenophobia in areas, where people will feel uncomfortable around immigrants because of the dissonance created in speech patterns. I find this all very interesting! It's an academic rabbit hole that goes deep :p

I couldn't tell you much at all about how English is constructed or proper grammar, and it's the only language I know. I think this is true for most (1st language) English speakers

i feel like you're attacking me right now and im triggered

What, so now you're Joe Rogan?

So I work nights. Last night I got really bored and decided to draw diablo, but instead of the soul stone being shoved in the Warrior's head from diablo 1 it was shoved in the Barbarian's head.

a8aHePN.jpg

Dang, that's great!

That is really good :eek: on a bloody napkin!:eek:

The napkin isn't bloody, but Diablo probably is.

Do native speakers really write "alot"? It sound like the start of an allotment...

I do remember the teacher say that our English must be on the level of native speakers and I thought "well, I've seen the writing of some native speakers, and I can do better than that. However, I can not do better than the English of properly educated native speakers..."

Yes, they do. It's referenced in my avatar and is one of my biggest grammar pet peeves. And you are right, you'll likely never out do a properly educated native speaker.

I couldn't tell you much at all about how English is constructed or proper grammar, and it's the only language I know. I think this is true for most (1st language) English speakers

Same here. I was terrible at English class in school, and I never learned all of the "proper" ways to do things.

Good to know. Not sure he does either.

He has a comedy special on Netflix called Triggered. He also probably makes fun of Canada in it, as most comedians do that. So I'm sure you'd appreciate it.

Talking of colloquialisms, I was teaching chemistry last week and one of my ESL students came up to me after class and asked about what I meant about taking pH measurements "in the air". After much frowning and scratching of my head we went back to the relevant page of the powerpoint presentation and sure enough it was there; the statement was about taking pH measurements "on the fly". A colloquialism he had never heard before and had translated it into "in the air" in his mind. When I wrote these notes I didn't even consider that people might know know the term.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High