Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

IIRC = if I recall correctly
bootlegger = someone who dealt with illegal alcohol (selling, making, etc) during prohibition, where alcohol was illegal in the US from 1920-1933.

Cant you just watch the movie? Never read the book or watched the movie, but the movies are rarely wrong when based on a book IIRC
Thanks, neither terms I use a lot or am familiar with.

Since I am not entirely sure what's being expected of me, I am not sure I can just watch the movie but I may just also read reviews to help me out.

Hey, you know how to use "a lot" properly. Right there you beat out like 90% of native speakers

*returns from Bangor

*serves celebratory drinks and Dew for being one away from completing the North America Pokedex

*serves tea

*serves water

Hey, you know how to use "a lot" properly.
Hmm, what's the challenge here? Making it two words?

Right there you beat out like 90% of native speakers
I'm more disturbed about using the work "like" in that manner :).

Been a way a while so some catching up to do

Never played any Mass Effect games, so no!

I think you might enjoy the games, I did.

You know how I'm always full of doubt about myself and my skills, mainly because that's what I grew up on?

I have been recommanded to get a certificate to state that my English is good. My former English teacher told me I should go for Cambridge Proficiency, as I'm good enough, and she convinced me to give it a go. I got the book, started working my way through, and found that probably due to my complete absense of any academic background I struggled with the exercises - either I used perfect English but didn't do the exercise well, or I did understand the exercise and focussed on it so much I wrote apalling English you'd never catch me doing otherwise.

So I decided to take a course, which started, after a lot of hassle and stress, last week. I was given a test to see what entrance level I am.
In a seperate mail, the teacher told me I had grade A, C2, which is the highest, that I made very few mistakes and that I am very likely to pass the exam in one go..................!

After crying about that for about 15 minutes I decided that I will still need the course to tailor me for the exams, so I am used to the way things will be asked and I will be able to answer accordingly.
But still. Not bad for a drop out with only a librarian diploma (not widely recognized officially even when they should, but well, it's not university so it's not accepted...) with no university or other academic background at all.....

Your English is honestly very good, I don't think I have seen any issues with your writing at all

Today a little girl, during a birthday party at work, asked me if I would be her daddy. I was both flattered and repulsed.

Was her mum hot?

i had a similar situation, except they were 20 and also a dude.

Yeah but you love that ...

Oh god, what happened to the forum layout. Has it been so long since I've been here that everything now looks terrible? Like going back to a 15 year old game after not playing for years?

Edit: Thinking its about time to get back into D2 again. I wonder if I can get any of the old crew back together. Although probably all gone by now, except Pharphis, I know he is always around. ;)

You get used to it. I am still here, you can catch me on steam from time to time or Bnet 2.0

Only 10 years? That noob. :p

Not sure how long I have been on forums for, probably close to 10 years. Think I lurked for a few before then.

orrr you could start playing mafia again

who knows

whatever happened to that asshole who organized mafia games?

You or TC? Your BFF Drixx is still around on D3 - did you ever get the Dark Tower setup from him lol

Hey, you know how to use "a lot" properly. Right there you beat out like 90% of native speakers

alot

*returns from Bangor

*serves celebratory drinks and Dew for being one away from completing the North America Pokedex

*serves tea

*serves water

I am one off Aus Pokedex, need a Magby. Completed the Aus Pokedex before they released the baby Pokemon. Currently holding 16 gyms and just collecting gold every day while I wait for the next content update.

Not sure how long I have been on forums for, probably close to 10 years. Think I lurked for a few before then.

It's not that hard to find since it's right beneath your tar. :) Joined: May 15, 2008. So yes, you're close to 10 years here now.

It's not that hard to find since it's right beneath your tar. :) Joined: May 15, 2008. So yes, you're close to 10 years here now.

Yeah realised that after I posted :p

Well, I'm back playing D2 again. Eleven Grim Dawn patches in twelve months (not to mention more than just a few hotfixes) have finally taken their toll.

Well, I'm back playing D2 again. Eleven Grim Dawn patches in twelve months (not to mention more than just a few hotfixes) have finally taken their toll.

Just curious ... does that mean the changes weren't for the better, or just too many changes in a short amount of time?

Just curious ... does that mean the changes weren't for the better, or just too many changes in a short amount of time?

Just too many changes too often for a grumpy old fart like myself. I enjoy planning a character as much as I do playing it; you cannot plan when there are nerfs/buffs to skills and items every couple of months! When (if?) Crate finally gives a stable patch I'll probably go back, but this modern idea for trying to make all builds equally viable is ruining gaming in my opinion.

Edit: On reflection it isn't so much making all build equally viable (although that seems to be a part of it), but more like "Build X is more powerful than other builds, more people play Build X than other builds, this is bad, nerf Build X".

Last edited:
@Jcakes: Any extra Kangaskhans? I'll trade my horde of Tauros for one when trading comes out......

*serves Dew

*serves wine

*serves water

*serves coffee

*serves tea

*serves bourbon

Just too many changes too often for a grumpy old fart like myself. I enjoy planning a character as much as I do playing it; you cannot plan when there are nerfs/buffs to skills and items every couple of months! When (if?) Crate finally gives a stable patch I'll probably go back, but this modern idea for trying to make all builds equally viable is ruining gaming in my opinion.

Edit: On reflection it isn't so much making all build equally viable (although that seems to be a part of it), but more like "Build X is more powerful than other builds, more people play Build X than other builds, this is bad, nerf Build X".

Nix is used to games like D2 which only patch once in a blue moon. What was it 1 year for patch 1.10?

it's true, im as gay as they come

and also a feminist.

@Jcakes: Any extra Kangaskhans? I'll trade my horde of Tauros for one when trading comes out......

*serves Dew

*serves wine

*serves water

*serves coffee

*serves tea

*serves bourbon

Don't keep them, but easy to find so happy to catch them for you if / when trading comes out.

Edit: which pokemon are you missing?

Yeah, that definitely seems an issue with modern games. I always wonder if that is the case because game companies value balance that much, or if it is because more and more players seem to hate it when build x, which they aren't playing at the time, is somewhat stronger than their own build, and according to them that's the biggest injustice in recent history.

It's only really a problem if you have to play build x just to beat the game. Otherwise (especially in games that are not multiplayer or online only) it seems like they are making too big of a deal about it.

I'd say it might be because of the growth of multiplayer games, namely those that are strictly PvP in focus. As has been mentioned, in competitive environments (or ones where people think it's competitive) the concept of "Too many people are using X" has been equated to "X is OP". While there is obviously some correlation between these two things, it is far from always accurate, despite what people will insist. So in these environments people are prepared to make a big deal about something being strong or too frequently used, and I think because multiplayer PvP games are so prevalent, this mindset spills into singleplayer games, even though the importance for such sense of balance isn't as required so long as the game is playable and intended builds can all get through the game. I'm not going to say that balance is irrelevant in single player games, but the concept of active monitoring for it is probably less required.

An example where Too Popular != Too OP you can look at Dota 2. For years Pudge was the most popular character by a landslide, despite seeing little to no competitive play, and not even being considered high tier in matchmaking.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High