SPF Technical Support Thread

Check permissions under the username you are logged in with, but the Desktop location should be fine.

I spy a Winrar icon on the upper left corner, but your error screenshot tells me you are indeed running Java.

Are all the files/folders that came with GoMule.jar in the GoMule folder also? I was able to replicate your error by running GoMule.jar without those files/folders.

I'm out of ideas after this, maybe redownload GoMule?

Hi folks,

I'm coming back to D2 after a couple years and I'm having trouble getting the runeword mod to work.

Background: I'm on a Mac using OSX El Capitan v10.11.6. I just downloaded the 1.14b Mac Client from Blizzard and the base game is working fine. I'm able to open all my characters, play with them, and all my items are working fine in GoMule.

Now, I tried to install the RWM mod using the instructions given by Maxicek in this post. I downloaded the first file listed on this page, unzipped it and then dragged the patch file into my Diablo 2 folder (the attached screenshot shows where I added it). And then the mod was supposed to work. I tried to make a Spirit shield and a Edge bow and neither one of them worked. So I'm not doing something right or I haven't done some additional step.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Last edited:
Hey guys, first time this has ever happened to me and I can find next to no information about it, so here goes:

My Save folder has disappeared from my Diablo II folder, but my characters are still loading and playable in-game.

I am using GoMule for transfer purposes, but when I recently loaded it up, it said that all my characters were 'disconnected', and I couldn't open them at all.

I have tried searching my entire HDD partition for .d2s files, but none have shown up except for a few backups that I made literally seven years ago - I know there should be more, tied to GoMule, but it isn't finding ANY.

Since patch 1.14, the saves go in a different location. It's C:\Users\WINDOWS USERNAME\Saved Games\Diablo II I think.

Since patch 1.14, the saves go in a different location. It's C:\Users\WINDOWS USERNAME\Saved Games\Diablo II I think.

SWEET JESUS THANKS SO MUCH.

No really, it's like after 15 years Blizzard went, "You know what, I think these were supposed to be here instead - nobody checked that the first time around? Oh well, nobody will notice they're missing".

Guys I have a muling/mac issue. I've managed to find some of my old stashes on my previous PC - I e-mailed them across to my mac in order to use them, but half the stashes show up as "unknown" in GoMule - some work however. Same goes for characters, they cannot be opened in GoMule straight away, but when put in the save folder and then opened in-game first, they then work in GoMule. It is as if GoMule needs the files to be prompted to be identified as "real".

I know this probably doesn't make much sense, but anyone encounter this before?

I tried to get ATMA to see if it would work, but that doesn't work on Mac since the new OS... Catch 22.

/g

I seem to be having the same problem as kundvagn. I've been reluctant to try GoMule because i could never get it working on my laptop a few years ago. I got one of the best LK maps I've ever seen and it will be gone if I LAN mule like I normally do.

So, I decided to try to get go mule working on my PC. I went through all the steps, downloading GoMule, downloading Java, and moving GoMule into my D2 folder in program files and all that. I use Google for my web browser and Java seemed to have an issue with it and wouldn't verify. I then downloaded Java using Explorer and it verified.i tried GoMule.jar and got the same error kundvagn posted the image of on the previous page. I don't quite understand how he said he fixed it though.

@darkstarhub - kundvagn fixed his issue by changing his default application for .jar files from WinRAR to Java. Apparently, running a .jar file with "open with Java" wasn't working. However, I think your issue is with write permissions. That error will also pop up if GoMule is run from a write protected location, like program files, so I would suggest moving it elsewhere.

If you are running 1.14 patch, the .d2s save files have moved to the saved games folder, which is also write protected. Enable write permission for your user name in the aforementioned folder, so that GoMule may save the changes to your .d2s files.

Thank you so much NanoMist. I went back and checked everything over, and sure enough I had full permission on the D2 folder, but program files wouldnt give me any option to edit permissions. I took the D2 folder out of Program Files and placed it on the desktop, and sure enough, BOOM, GoMule works!!! Man I am so happy, but I feel really stupid at the same time because getting this to work is not rocket science. I had a few minutes to mess around with the program and moved a few things, and loaded the game, and sure enough the items were moved. Imagine that! I might still be a little unsure the first time I move a high rune over, but its all good.

One thing I did notice, and I am thinking its because I moved the D2 folder out of the program files, but before when I launched D2, a box would always pop up that I had to select yes on for permission, and then the game would start. Now, the box doesnt pop up, and the game just starts like normal. I am not complaining, but I want to confirm why that box is not coming up anymore. I have always been so cautious about anything I thought might erase my characters and gear, and all this time a program that is so simple would have made my life much easier.

Thanks to everybody that comes along to help people like me.

I've been using GoMule for years and within the past couple of days the Flavie report function has stopped working and I receive the error text below. All other GoMule functions are working properly.

Any thoughts on how to fix?

Thanks

Error
null
at randall.flavie.Flavie.<init>(Flavie.java:81)
at gomule.gui.D2FileManager.flavieDump(D2FileManager.java:411)
at gomule.gui.D2FileManager.access$600(D2FileManager.java:51)
at gomule.gui.D2FileManager$6.actionPerformed(D2FileManager.java:325)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

I got it working, I had to change the standard application for .jar files instead of doing "open with java". I thought that would make no difference but I guess it did. Thanks for the help, really appreciate you taking your time :)
Hi there, I'm having the same issue - Windows 10 won't open the .jar file. It flashes for a microsecond and then vanishes. It's set correctly to open with Java. How did you solve the problem?

I think what @kundvagn is saying that he (she?) was using right-click on the .jar file, then 'open with' and then choose 'open with Java', but that didn't work. Next he tried using right-click, selected 'properties', then where it says 'open with' click on 'change', select Java, which worked.

I'm using the Dutch version of Win10, so things can be a bit different in English, but it should be more or less like that. I think this is the solution that worked for kundvagn. I hope it'll work for you too, so you can concentrate on killing demons again :).

That probably depends on your own preferences, and on which versions you want to run. I prefer GoMule over Atma ... a lot. But for older versions, I think GoMule doesn't work, and Atma is your only solution.

Hi Guys-

Unfortunately, I am still getting the error described below. Any ideas how to fix it?

Thanks

I've been using GoMule for years and within the past couple of days the Flavie report function has stopped working and I receive the error text below. All other GoMule functions are working properly.

Any thoughts on how to fix?

Thanks

Error
null
at randall.flavie.Flavie.<init>(Flavie.java:81)
at gomule.gui.D2FileManager.flavieDump(D2FileManager.java:411)
at gomule.gui.D2FileManager.access$600(D2FileManager.java:51)
at gomule.gui.D2FileManager$6.actionPerformed(D2FileManager.java:325)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

For those using GoMule in win8.1 and in high DPI screens: Were you able to make the Display Scaling work for GoMule?

Was anyone able to resolve this? I wanna refire up d2 and finish my -1 grail, but it looks like I will need a magnifying glass to use gomule on my current laptop...

View attachment 4558

Last edited:
Anyone had luck recently getting Eastern Sun to work? So many links are dead these days, and I've had a lot of trouble finding any current information

Hello! Coming back to D2 after a long hiatus.

Playing 1.14 on Win10

Playing SP and having troubles getting RMW to work.

First issue - The http://www.chrisclarke.co.uk download link that I seem to see everywhere gives me a 404
Does anyone have a new link?

Second issue - I found a runes.txt and attempted to place it in the following location:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo II\rwm\Data\Global\Excel

Shortcut:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo II\Diablo II.exe" -direct -txt
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Diablo II\rwm"

Thanks for your help!

@OldYobbo - Do you see many .bin files in the excel folder? Not sure if it makes a difference, but I don't have the extra rwm folder, just the data folder in Diablo II folder.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High