SPF Technical Support Thread

anyone knows how to setup atma to work with multiple versions seperately?

maybe just installing it a few times in different folders, since i guess the savepathes are .ini-made?

also i read that atma doesnt work with the 1.10 beta which had +2 BKs, is it so?

With 1.14, the game looks for characters in your users/(windows user name you log in as)/saved games/Diablo II. Move your characters from your save folder to that location and they should show up when you load the game.

This worked, thank you!

Though I wonder, wouldn't this make old versions unplayable?

@Dazliare Yeah, if you want to play any Diablo II version before 1.14, you'll need a separate installation in another folder. Looking at your previous post makes me think that means you'll need CDs for this if Blizzard's installer goes straight to 1.14b.

@Dazliare Yeah, if you want to play any Diablo II version before 1.14, you'll need a separate installation in another folder. Looking at your previous post makes me think that means you'll need CDs for this if Blizzard's installer goes straight to 1.14b.

I have old CDs - it's more an issue of TrenShadow's version switcher. I don't know if the script that move the DLLs back for 1.13 will work for 1.14. Alas, I'll play with it at some point

anyone knows how to setup atma to work with multiple versions seperately?

maybe just installing it a few times in different folders, since i guess the savepathes are .ini-made?

also i read that atma doesnt work with the 1.10 beta which had +2 BKs, is it so?
You have to use an older version of ATMA.. I'm not sure where I got mine. You also have to do some kind of conversion thing in order to go from 1.10a to 1.10s iirc but again I don't remember where to get it.

After a computer crash, GoMule won't do any Flavie reports anymore for me. Always gives an error report.

Can I just uninstall GoMule and re-install, or do I have to make backups of my stashes and so first?

Thanks.

I'd back up the project, or you'll have to load them again.

Unless you have your stashes in your GoMule folder (why?!!!!), you should be ok to uninstall GoMule. Does java need updating?

(I have my stashes in my save folder for easy back up.)

I can't seem to open my Gomule anymore. I noticed my characters weren't synced in as well. Could this be due to D2 updating? If so, how do I fix it?

Yes, after updating D2 to 1.14, your characters are saved in a different location. So you have to set them again in GoMule. I'm not at my home computer though, so I don't know the exact new location of the character files.

Btw, I was able to resolve the issue from my previous post by adjusting one setting in GoMule. So all is fine again :).

Yes, after updating D2 to 1.14, your characters are saved in a different location. So you have to set them again in GoMule. I'm not at my home computer though, so I don't know the exact new location of the character files.

Btw, I was able to resolve the issue from my previous post by adjusting one setting in GoMule. So all is fine again :).

How do I go about setting them again?

a32244d8cd59b6ccd0897726f86dd1da.png

It won't open

Last edited:
I'd think you have to open it with Java.
Tried to I got error.

I recently updated Java and haven't been able to open gomule. I opened it last week and noticed my characters werent synced. How do I fix this? Perhaps take my gomule files and uninstalled/ reinstall gomule?

Last edited:
That, and if it doesn't work, reinstall Java?

GoMule works fine for me, but after some recent updates the runcounter, which is also Java based, doesn't anymore. So it might indeed be a compatibility issue.

How do I save my gomule files so I can uninstall without losing progress. Also, my d2 bnet doesnt seem to be working either. It says can't identify application version.

Weird thing about BNet not working. What version are you running? If it's not the current version 1.14d, then you might want to upgrade manually. You can download the latest patch here.

My GoMule savefiles are in the \users\username\savegames\DiabloII\GoMule.backup folder (translated from Dutch, might be a bit different) ever since the game got upgraded to 1.14. GoMule itself is still in the directory I installed it in though, so you might want to check both directories and backup both.

Background: using GoMule version R0.43: Donkey (whatever that means) and Diablo II version 1.13 (unsure which letter, but I do not think that will matter). I do not connect to Battle.net and only play single player. I play on my work computer, which has a lot of restrictions, so my characters never create backups, but my stashes do, as they save to different locations ("Program Files (x86)" is slightly restricted and is where my Diablo II executable is located, which is where my character files save).

Issue: I have one higher level character (91 going on 92 Sorceress) that is able to utilize the functionality of GoMule perfectly (i.e. take items from GoMule and drop off items into GoMule). The issue is when I create new characters (saved to the same hard drive location as my Sorceress), they are able to drop items off into GoMule and affect change to my stash, but any changes I make to the new character file will not save. Meaning, when I attempt to take gear from my stash and put it onto my new character, the items I placed on my new character will have been "deleted." Additionally, any items that I placed into my stash from my new character will still exist on my new character, but have also saved into my stash (effectively "duped"). Basically, GoMule has zero affect on my new characters. The first time I tried making a new character was sometime last year (November 2015), but just decided to take an extended break, as I was pretty angry that the program would not allow me to play new characters twinked. Well, I started playing again, hoping this was just an isolated incident, but it is not.

My other solution will be to just play on my desktop, but I do not have Internet access at home, so it will be difficult to patch up and get GoMule installed. Additionally, a desktop is much bulkier/cumbersome to my current home layout, thus I am hoping someone has a solution to my GoMule problem. Looking forward to any replies. Thanks for any and all help I receive.

@h0nkeythecracker - I had the same issue with GoMule and patch 1.14's new save path location. It was because GoMule did not have write access to those .d2s files, which is why existing items aren't being removed and new items cannot be added to your characters. I'm not sure why only your sorceress works and not the others, but I would check the write permissions for your files.

@h0nkeythecracker - I had the same issue with GoMule and patch 1.14's new save path location. It was because GoMule did not have write access to those .d2s files, which is why existing items aren't being removed and new items cannot be added to your characters. I'm not sure why only your sorceress works and not the others, but I would check the write permissions for your files.

It worked! Thanks so much :)

Are you trying to run GoMule.jar from the zip file? If so, extract it first.

It seems like GoMule is running from a location without write permission, so I suspected the zip file first. I was able to recreate your exact error by running GoMule from the GoMule zip file from SourceForge. Is GoMule running from a protected location?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High