Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

That was a nice storm to close out the day.

I got to see a rainbow from my house.

*serves celebratory drinks and Dew

*serves water

No, the pic is still there. But you have to pay full price for internet. So you're not just able to see the words, but also to see the pictures.

So my GF and I watched meteors all night, from 23:15 till 5:00. Along the way I marked every observed meteor and also some speciality about it if it had some color, did it leave trail or was it very bright. I also estimated meteor's magnitude. I sent my data to our observatory in capital city in case they are interested or wanna use data for something.

Conditions were ideal. Not a single cloud on the sky, New Moon etc. Beautiful experience overall.

In total we observed 313 meteors, so average ZHR of perseids of whole observation is 54.4, which means we pretty much saw meteor every single minute. Even better, most active period for meteors is from 2am till dawn, in that period we observed 204 meteors, so ZHR in that period was 68. Or, we saw more than 1 meteor per minute at average in those last 3 hours. Best ZHR was in period from 3:30-4:00 am and from 4:00 till 4:30 am. At both half hour periods ZHR was 78, biggest ZHR I've experienced in my life.

Of those 313 meteors, 54 of them had magnitude of 1 or lower. Or, they were exactly the meteors people want to watch since they were bright. ZHR of those meteor throughout the night is 9.4, or we observed almost 10 bright meteors every hour. There were more of them, but I didn't mark every single bright meteor that appeared at the edge of viewing field, but in total there could be 70 and more of them easily.

Of those 54, there were 27 of them that were brightest object on the sky at that moment. Awesome, right?
Many meteors left trail behind them, and multitude of them had orange color.
One meteor was very bright, almost like Jupiter, last almost 3 full seconds, was very long and in the end it shattered to 3 pieces that melted very fast. Highlight of whole watching.

Overall, awesome experience and I'd like to do that again next year. Maybe tonight there will be some watching included, but we definitely won't stay all night again.

Wow, sounds great! Glad you got such a great show. I completely forgot, which is a little annoying, because I didn't sleep well at all anyways. I would have gladly got up and watched for a bit if I had remembered.

*starts a fire from a broken bar stool*

Gather 'round, friends for a tale of myth and magic....

I once saw a fish poop out fluorescent green fecal matter. I was glorious and appalling to observe.

The end.
I once saw a fish poop out fluorescent green fecal matter and then another fish ate it. It's a god eat god world.

In that case i'm in serious trouble. Never finished a peanutbutter sandwich (or even started one).

Don't you feel special now? ;)

That's not rare, that's unique! (do you also have that golden glow?) :D

Have you even looked at the picture?

This is no Zenigma post. This is kamap in disguise. I can feel it. Or rather: smell it.

Only 4 more days until holiday. I'm really counting down the days. Today my manager comes by to discuss my performance from the first half year. Always annoying. Not too worried as i got 3 certificates so how bad could i be doing?

Raising_dead is steadily progressing. Progress bar looks really full. But at this lvl it still means quite a few runs left to go (about 150). Despite my love for summoners i'll be glad to be done with it.

I really like peanut butter sandwiches. So when I can't finish one, something's seriously wrong. That doesn't mean there's something wrong with you, and it would be even weirder if something was wrong with YOU if I couldn't finish my sandwich.

I don't have any certificates. At all. I guess I really am in trouble.

Zenigma, you're already 14 or 15 years old? I never would've guessed! :p

To everyone else: What a bunch of old crippled men around here!

*limps away*
Hurray. I'm an old crippled man. Now I can tell the doctor what's wrong with me!

Thyiad deemed it to be offensive material :p
Are you saying your picture had an offensive aura?*)

*) I'm not that great at Diablo II at the best of times, but I really, really suck as a paladin. My ex (who's still a friend) was best at paladin. Whenever I tried playing paladin, he eventually told me "Just because you use offensive aura's, doesn't mean you have to swear at the screen all the time."

So my GF and I watched meteors all night, from 23:15 till 5:00. Along the way I marked every observed meteor and also some speciality about it if it had some color, did it leave trail or was it very bright. I also estimated meteor's magnitude. I sent my data to our observatory in capital city in case they are interested or wanna use data for something.

Conditions were ideal. Not a single cloud on the sky, New Moon etc. Beautiful experience overall.

In total we observed 313 meteors, so average ZHR of perseids of whole observation is 54.4, which means we pretty much saw meteor every single minute. Even better, most active period for meteors is from 2am till dawn, in that period we observed 204 meteors, so ZHR in that period was 68. Or, we saw more than 1 meteor per minute at average in those last 3 hours. Best ZHR was in period from 3:30-4:00 am and from 4:00 till 4:30 am. At both half hour periods ZHR was 78, biggest ZHR I've experienced in my life.

Of those 313 meteors, 54 of them had magnitude of 1 or lower. Or, they were exactly the meteors people want to watch since they were bright. ZHR of those meteor throughout the night is 9.4, or we observed almost 10 bright meteors every hour. There were more of them, but I didn't mark every single bright meteor that appeared at the edge of viewing field, but in total there could be 70 and more of them easily.

Of those 54, there were 27 of them that were brightest object on the sky at that moment. Awesome, right?
Many meteors left trail behind them, and multitude of them had orange color.
One meteor was very bright, almost like Jupiter, last almost 3 full seconds, was very long and in the end it shattered to 3 pieces that melted very fast. Highlight of whole watching.

Overall, awesome experience and I'd like to do that again next year. Maybe tonight there will be some watching included, but we definitely won't stay all night again.

Nice! Any pics?

That was a nice storm to close out the day.

Without the rainbow.

*serves celebratory drinks and Dew

*serves water

I really like peanut butter sandwiches. So when I can't finish one, something's seriously wrong. That doesn't mean there's something wrong with you, and it would be even weirder if something was wrong with YOU if I couldn't finish my sandwich.

Plenty of things wrong with me. But as far as i know none have to do with unfinished peanutbutter sandwiches (be it by me or by you).

Last day at work before holiday. Expecting to do almost nothing, so it'll probably feel like the day never ends (actually it already does). Won't be making it late.

Did i mention i'll probably be all alone here all day? Again.

Yeah we had quite the storm here aswell.

I bet thefranklin wants pictures from the GF and not the meteor shower.

That depends on whether she looks like she got hit by a meteor shower or not. :D

There's supposedly been quite a storm here. But fortunately i have seen none of it.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High