COPS forum mafia

Cg: So you think its better to lynch someone who has what you claim to be an incorrect result on you. What you said is wrong though. Yes, he kight have an incorrect result...but if he has an incorrect result, plthat doesnt mean hes paranoid rather than insane, and insane and sane cops, in this situation, have equal value. Sanity needs to be known on both, and once that happens their results are 100 accurate. Just saying i dont agree with your logic on that particular preference.

This logic can be applied to everyone at this point. It is Common Denominator and can be ruled out. Therefore, I stand behind my logic; I know that Sathoris is not a sane cop, therefore if I was forced to vote for someone today, it'd be him.

Interesting. Very interesting. And you still advocated the lynch early and often strat?

I believe I'm not a paranoid cop. My read on Zokar is too close to that of a player chosen randomly to be able to eliminate any other possibility. Those possibilities being: I'm sane and Zokar is town. I'm insane and Zokar is mafia. I'm naive and Zokar is town. I'm naive and Zokar is scum.

Yep! You got any secret information on day 0 that would better clarify the game?

And you believe you are not a paranoid cop. And you investigated Zokar?

Vote: Goryani

This reads a little wonky to me, and judging by Goryani's chart, I'm not the only one. Could you please confirm that you did indeed investigate yourself, and did get a town result?

I did NOT investigate myself. I submitted a self investigation and changed it to another player in this game. The result I got was town. I am not interested in divulging my target at this time.

Yep! You got any secret information on day 0 that would better clarify the game?

And you believe you are not a paranoid cop. And you investigated Zokar?

Vote: Goryani

I did NOT investigate myself. I submitted a self investigation and changed it to another player in this game. The result I got was town. I am not interested in divulging my target at this time.
Need more time to flesh out a good cover story?

Need more time to flesh out a good cover story?

This makes no sense to me. I was not implicating you (although, now I am wondering), but was more making a point that goryani claimed that he investigated you and yet is confident that he isn't paranoid. Riddle me that?

Paranoid cops only return mafia results. It's the definition of a paranoid cop. I did not receive a mafia result. Therefore, I am not a paranoid cop.

So we have a 4th guilty result claim now from Numbers. I recall saying yesterday that his response to Bad Ash's post didn't feel town. In light of him coming in with the 4th guilty claim, which now means that at least 50% of the guilty results claimed are erroneous, and that off reaction yesterday ... does he move ahead of Sathoris on the preferred lynch order?

I don't think your supposition makes sense drixx? Or at least, that your point that me posting the 4th guilty result is meaningful in any way. If you think there are too many guilty results, then *everyone* who said they received a guilty result has the same...umm..stigma, I guess?...as I do. So your basically just reiterating that you don't think it's town of me to think that BA pointing out that no lynching costs the town 33% of the opportunities to catch scum they'll have in the shortest possible time frame for the game to run, barring doc saves/other shenanigans.

Anyways...

Let's do a little thought experiment. There were 9 players to start. 2 were scum. From what everyones saying, there were definitely at least 6(because cdm may have been something other than cop) cop roles. Among those cop roles, we can speculate that there was 1 each of paranoid, sane, insane, and naive. And 2-3 other cops that could have been anything among those four categories. If the scum are also cops, then we can speculate that the game started with 2 of each type of cop, plus an additional of one type. In the first scenario, where the scum aren't cops, given that most investigations are likely going to be on town players, the insane cops are likely to result in mafia, and the paranoid will always return mafia. So that's likely 2 scum results, from what are statistically likely town investigations, from just 4 of the 6 or 7 investigative roles. if there's even one more paranoid cop, or an insane cop, then we have 3. If we look at the second scenario, and we have 8 investigative roles in play today, then again, 4 guilty results seem fairly reasonable.

Basically, I don't really see anything meaningful or special about the pool of results that we get from a single nights round of investigations. We need more information to determine ANYONES sanity. Once we establish that, through multiple investigations (or, potentially, though I think this would be a mistake, lynch someone who has investigative results on them FOR THE PURPOSE OF VERIFYING SANITY, and not because we have more reason than a questionable investigative result to think they're scum), then the truth behind other investigations should be known very quickly, and we should be able to identify the scum very quickly.

So...after all that...I'm starting to lean more towards the long no lynch till we've maximized our knowledge game plan.

Which...coincidentally...makes me doubt the towniness of BA's anti-no lynch stance.

So let me get this straight, we're thinking about not lynching until when, when its 4-2, 3-2? Because unless we think cdm was mafia,which I dont, its 6-2 right now. Will we be able to garner enough information by 4-2 to lynch a mafia?

How many players did we start with? That many.

Do you believe it?

I am on-board with the no vote idea.

So BA, you think the mafia are cops also? Which do you think is more likely, that they would claim that whomever they investigated was town or that they were mafia?

So let me get this straight, we're thinking about not lynching until when, when its 4-2, 3-2? Because unless we think cdm was mafia,which I dont, its 6-2 right now. Will we be able to garner enough information by 4-2 to lynch a mafia?

Three nights is the key point. Sane cops can't have 3 guilties and insane cops can't have 3 innocents. A whole lot of pieces will fall into place after N3. We might get actionable results after N2, but we'll have several after N3.

Three nights is the key point. Sane cops can't have 3 guilties and insane cops can't have 3 innocents. A whole lot of pieces will fall into place after N3. We might get actionable results after N2, but we'll have several after N3.

So after that we have 2 lynches to hit mafia, but with less people to work from?

Sorry, missed day end.

Vote count:
Sathoris (0): (Laarz)
Goryani (0): (Bad Ash)

Day 2 has ended and night 2 has started. It will last 24 hours

Last edited:
CG was found dead... maybe it was natural causes?

Ok, I've misjudged the openness of the setup and will be revealing some information.

Cops in this game do not function like any of the standard cop roles

Day 3 has started and will last 48 hours. If the majority decides to "Vote: No lynch" from this day forward to end the day early I can end days earlier. I suspect with the slightly more revealed setup this won't be the case, however.

With 7 players alive it takes 4 to lynch

I think the fact that we need to determine how cops in this game DO function before any of our results make sense makes no lynching even more understandable, unless we dont think we can figure it out? I suppose, considering the likelihood that scum are obfuscating the results, we might not be able to determine how our investigations work at all during the rather limited time we have left before LYLO/MYLO.

I've gotten I was town and one mafia result. One is numbers and one is Gory. Did anyone else investigate numbers or Gory

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High