COPS forum mafia

If that is the case,only luck will help the town win.

Or maybe we could like, ya know, scum hunt and make proper reads on people. It's really a hard spot. If we can identify HOW the mechanic works, then everything falls into place and we will likely know who scum are almost immediately, either because they lied about their investigations and thus their results don't fit the pattern, or because the pattern itself will reveal them. However, if we can't, then all we're doing is wasting a bunch of time talking about something with practically no value vs properly scum hunting.

Oh, and I think what phar said about cop results not being strictly random means drixx's joke is unlikely the case.

Here are my thoughts on the possibilities that come to mind about possible cop mechanics that aren't in line with the standard ones, and this will be the last thing I have to say about it and comes with my advisement that unless someone can put this all together, we don't waste all our time theorycrafting about the setup.

1)Cops are alternating Sane/Insane/Paranoid/Naive/whatever gave two of us neutral results on a game which the setup stated did not have neutral roles.
2)Cop results are based who your target investigated, or the interaction between their alignments.

Ex. You investigate person A, they investigate person B, who investigated C, who investigated A. A receives C's alignment, B receives A's, C receives B's. Or if your target is town/scum and investigates someone of the same alignment, you receive mafia. If they investigate someone of a different alignment, you receive town. If they self investigate, you receive neutral. Some form of that is a possibility.

3) That's all I've got. :p

Anyways, as I was saying: Until we know how the mechanic works, our results are basically worthless. Speculation time over, let's try to see who's actually acting scummy.

So same question to you. We are under the impression that everyone is a cop and you guys are shocked that they don't function normally? That is more shocking to me than the cop information Pharphis just provided!

There is an entire genre named after this basic setup. It's called Dethy. 1 mafia. 1 sane cop. 1 insane cop. 1 naive cop. 1 paranoid cop. The Double Dethy version (2 each of sane cop, insane cop, naive cop, paranoid cop) has two versions that I know of. A 10 player game which looks identical to the setup pharphis initially wanted and a 12 player game which introduces a third mafioso and a backup cop who assumes the sanity of the cop killed N1.

Also, I pushed for a lynch day one for obvious reasons. Yesterday I said I agree with the no Lynch. So clearly you have zero credibility cause you have no idea what you are even talking about.

Explain it to me. I too assumed lots of cops. I assumed 7 of them. I don't see how or why pushing for a lynch on D1 is the best/obvious course of action in a game with 7 cops.

And I was referring to D1 and not D2 when I mentioned your desire to lynch.

Can we get a roll call of people who thought there were lots of cops on Day 1? I didn't read anything into the "flavor" that gave it away to at least a couple people apparently, so I was working with the assumption that I was the only cop.

There is an entire genre named after this basic setup. It's called Dethy. 1 mafia. 1 sane cop. 1 insane cop. 1 naive cop. 1 paranoid cop. The Double Dethy version (2 each of sane cop, insane cop, naive cop, paranoid cop) has two versions that I know of. A 10 player game which looks identical to the setup pharphis initially wanted and a 12 player game which introduces a third mafioso and a backup cop who assumes the sanity of the cop killed N1.

Explain it to me. I too assumed lots of cops. I assumed 7 of them. I don't see how or why pushing for a lynch on D1 is the best/obvious course of action in a game with 7 cops.

And I was referring to D1 and not D2 when I mentioned your desire to lynch.

Because it gave us an extra mislynch? Which when laid out almost got me lynched because it was "obvious" to anyone who's every played mafia before.

Vote: Numbers

I'm willing to play the odds. If we are playing Dethy, I am either a sane cop or an insane cop (I don't think this is a bastard game and I don't think results are totally random. The neutral cops are very weird, but that could be an insane cop?)

If Numbers isn't mafia, than Gory is from my personal perspective of investigations. If Numbers is also town, I have a feeling Drixx may be the last scum (to be determined, not sure, just thinking out loud) because his results would possibly be fabricated since he said he self investigated night 1.

What part of sane/insane/paranoid/naive cops DO NOT EXIST IN THIS GAME is so hard for you guys to understand?

Go read #168. If you think I'm scum because you read me as scum, that's one thing. If you think I'm scum because of something the mod stated does not exist in this game...that's another.

Insane cops can not give neutral results unless neutrals exist in the game to be investigated. There's...just so much incorrect information and wrong assumptions. Seriously. Read the mods posts. Evaluate me based on your read on my play, not on investigations that tell us absolutely nothing until we can decipher the mechanic by which they function. Which, by the way, is really something we shouldn't spend all day talking in circles about. See #182.

We need to hear from Zokar and Sathoris on their investigations I think. No one should be witholding info right now.

What part of sane/insane/paranoid/naive cops DO NOT EXIST IN THIS GAME is so hard for you guys to understand?

Go read #168. If you think I'm scum because you read me as scum, that's one thing. If you think I'm scum because of something the mod stated does not exist in this game...that's another.

Insane cops can not give neutral results unless neutrals exist in the game to be investigated. There's...just so much incorrect information and wrong assumptions. Seriously. Read the mods posts. Evaluate me based on your read on my play, not on investigations that tell us absolutely nothing until we can decipher the mechanic by which they function. Which, by the way, is really something we shouldn't spend all day talking in circles about. See #182.

I genuinely didn't see that post and it does change my opinion. Unvote: Numbers

Nothing I have on you is a scum read outside of the cop results which apparently are just flavor.

BA, I asked you this once but maybe you didn't see it, do you think the mafia in this game are cops too, or just acting like they are?

How is this beneficial to the game? No reasoning. No thinking. No rationale.

I figured since you made up some random BS about how the cop roles work, I'd just do the same!
I will pull out of my *** this idea: After receiving an investigation, the actual alignment of the target is returned to the investigator and then subsequently changes to one of the following {town, neutral, mafia} with the previous alignment removed. Since you were town last night, you must be neutral or mafia tonight and should be lynched.

There, I guess we can all be like you now, right?

Im much more inclined to believe there is some order to this game. All random cops is a bit bastardly. I received a neutral on Drixx. Laarz also got a neutral so I believe that he and I are the random cops. Goryani got a mafia on me, I am town, and two random cops accounted for he must be a paranoid cop. Im willing to lynch any guilty result from anyone else. Drixx and Bad Ash both received different results so cant be paranoid or naive. They can be insane, but tthas all we got and numbers looks sketchy enough.

Vote: numbers

BA, I asked you this once but maybe you didn't see it, do you think the mafia in this game are cops too, or just acting like they are?
Has everyone even acted like a cop so far? I feel like some people are holding back. I honestly don't know, probably not as I see no reason for them to be. Then again if the cop results are purely flavor than they could be.
I figured since you made up some random BS about how the cop roles work, I'd just do the same!
I will pull out of my *** this idea: After receiving an investigation, the actual alignment of the target is returned to the investigator and then subsequently changes to one of the following {town, neutral, mafia} with the previous alignment removed. Since you were town last night, you must be neutral or mafia tonight and should be lynched.

There, I guess we can all be like you now, right?
OK, well then we have a couple mafia, more than the game states actually.

You still haven't explained why you voted for me, care to try again and help the town? If it's for "making up random. BS" then why are you so angry about people trying to determine the mechanics of the game? Because I haven't made up anything other than theories which I state are probably not true so try again.

Im much more inclined to believe there is some order to this game. All random cops is a bit bastardly. I received a neutral on Drixx. Laarz also got a neutral so I believe that he and I are the random cops. Goryani got a mafia on me, I am town, and two random cops accounted for he must be a paranoid cop. Im willing to lynch any guilty result from anyone else. Drixx and Bad Ash both received different results so cant be paranoid or naive. They can be insane, but tthas all we got and numbers looks sketchy enough.

Vote: numbers
Read post 168.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High