COPS forum mafia

The biggest question I have is whether my read on the implicit stuff being said is accurate. I believe I count three people who have implied they are cops, but nobody seems to have the guts to go ahead and take the first step in confirming the multiple cop scenario.

I see you calling for a mass-claim, but don't see any claim from you. I see you talking about nobody having the guts to come forward and confirm a multiple cop scenario, but don't see you rushing forward either.

I'm obviously a cop. I was going to self-investigate. I even sent it through and changed it. I received "town".

So we already have two guilty reads and one town. Cop results opposite? I assumed everyone in this game would have the sense to self-investigate giving us the information we need to move forward without me having to do so.

I did not self-investigate, as I've already detailed my thoughts on that. I received a town result, but I'll hold onto whom it was for the moment.

I did not self investigate either. The only valuable cops are sane or insane ones. When investigating yourself, if you show as town, you only know that you are sane or naive. Sane cops are valuable, naive cops are worthless. If you show as scum, then you know you are either paranoid or insane. Again, insane cops are valuable, paranoid cops worthless. In a longer game with less cops with whom to compare information, that self investigation will help you determine your individual sanity faster overall. However, in this game, time is not a luxury we have, so comparing results and investigative choices will be more helpful for determining your true sanity and the alignment of others.

Even if you're town, you oft don't help the town during the day. A little extra.... attention.... is required.

I show Bad Ash as town.

I picked him because I assumed at least one or two other people would have as well, and we could have compared results.

---

Am I wrong in thinking that another no-lynch might be the best scenario for today? Normally I'm against them, but these are extenuating circumstances. If I was forced to vote someone, it'd be Sathoris. He has a mafia result on him, and has an incorrect result on me. Best case scenario, we lynched a scum. Worst case scenario, we lynched a cop that receives false results.

I show Bad Ash as town.

I picked him because I assumed at least one or two other people would have as well, and we could have compared results.

---

Am I wrong in thinking that another no-lynch might be the best scenario for today? Normally I'm against them, but these are extenuating circumstances. If I was forced to vote someone, it'd be Sathoris. He has a mafia result on him, and has an incorrect result on me. Best case scenario, we lynched a scum. Worst case scenario, we lynched a cop that receives false results.
I'm content with not voting for the remainder of the game, save for verifiable results. Would be interesting to watch that unfold.

Caluin Graye: BA -> town
Zokar: Numbers -> mafia
Drixx: ???
Goryani: Zokar -> town
Sathoris: CG -> mafia
Bad Ash: mentioned self investigate and town, but not sure
Numbers: not self, not sure other than that
Laarz: Sathoris -> mafia

I wasn't sure if this was going to be a repeat of the "everyone's the same exact role" thing that the SK mini-game we had recently was like.

I knew that I was an alignment cop and the flavor of my role suggested there were other cops, but there could have been just 3 or 4 cops among the 7 town ... and of course it's possible that some cop flavor might be useful for mafia.

Anyway, I actually did do a sanity check last night. I am town but I won't share what my sanity check told me. It's only useful if I'm alive tomorrow and can out a scum or confirm/contradict someone else's guilty result.

It would be stupendously foolish to assume all results as reported are correct. If Goryani's chart is correct, Zokar claims numbers is mafia, Sathoris claims CG is mafia and Laarz claims Sathoris is mafia. Since we know that there are only 2 scum, those results cannot all be right.

So with a game full of cops we're going to have to do it via reads. I enjoy the irony of that. Thank you Pharphis.

@BA - How many cops did you suspect were in the game yesterday?

How many players did we start with? That many.

I'm told Zokar is town.

Do you believe it?

I show Bad Ash as town.

---

I am on-board with the no vote idea.

Its not just reads. Theres logic we can apply to multiple investigative results on an individual/the results given by those whi investigated those people
We can use that knowledge to determine sanity/result accuracy....but yes, reads will make that *much* simpler.

Re: no lynches all the way...interesting yes, and might be a very good idea. Need to think more about the ramifications of that and the resources it will give us.

Cg: So you think its better to lynch someone who has what you claim to be an incorrect result on you. What you said is wrong though. Yes, he kight have an incorrect result...but if he has an incorrect result, plthat doesnt mean hes paranoid rather than insane, and insane and sane cops, in this situation, have equal value. Sanity needs to be known on both, and once that happens their results are 100 accurate. Just saying i dont agree with your logic on that particular preference.

I investigated laarz and received a mafia result.

How many players did we start with? That many.

Interesting. Very interesting. And you still advocated the lynch early and often strat?

Do you believe it?

I believe I'm not a paranoid cop. My read on Zokar is too close to that of a player chosen randomly to be able to eliminate any other possibility. Those possibilities being: I'm sane and Zokar is town. I'm insane and Zokar is mafia. I'm naive and Zokar is town. I'm naive and Zokar is scum.

I'm obviously a cop. I was going to self-investigate. I even sent it through and changed it. I received "town".

This reads a little wonky to me, and judging by Goryani's chart, I'm not the only one. Could you please confirm that you did indeed investigate yourself, and did get a town result?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High