COPS forum mafia

Pharphis originally said that cop results were not random. When I used that in my big post yesterday to draw some tentative conclusions, Pharphis changed it slightly.

What do you think Laarz, about that change?

How about you, CG?

Sathoris ... you are resting your rejection of a claimed guilty investigation on you upon the possibility that at least some of my supposition yesterday was correct. Ballsy play if Laarz' claimed investigation is true and his result is correct.

I go back to the origin of the word strict's meaning, exact or precise, so not exactly or precisely random.

I see nothing wrong with your supposition because you were stating fact, which means it wasn't actually supposition. you and I may be more alike than you think. I too received a guilty result.

I know Laarz.

Do you think that if there are more cops they all will get the same read?

Are you voting him because you think he is asking for all the cops to claim?

Which interpretation of this statement should I believe?

I'm voting him because I got mafia for an answer to the question I asked, so either he is mafia,i'm insane or theres a busdriver in play. I dont agree with Drixx idea that cops should check themselves first, I feel this game is two short for that.

That is.... hmmm.

Your reaction doesn't fit in a game this short. Too sure, too quick to jump to conclusions and too naive.

With a "mafia" answer, I don't think it's naive.

Enough with the innuendos. Am I wrong for wanting a massclaim? Maybe not today though, definitely tomorrow.

In terms of bad things to good things...

Lynching a confirmed town > Lynching an unknown > No-lynching > Lynching a confirmed scum.

From your perspective, if you were town (and thus mod-confirmed to yourself), then failing the lynch on you should be more beneficial to the town than following through.

---

I get what you're saying. I hate no-lynches too. But you don't seem at all upset that you were the chosen lynch, which any townie should be on day one.

What do you think about those voting for you? What about those that didn't vote you?

Why would I be upset? We are now short on information with the exact same endgame. It doesn't matter that I am town and was up for a lynch. I laid out exactly why this isn't an upsetting situation. I could have been lynched and it would have taken one person out of the running for scum. Now you are left speculating the things you are speculating and it is WAY worse to lynch me today than it was yesterday. Not lynching anyone yesterday now hurts the chances of the town winning the game.

The train on me is inconclusive. The mafia probably have a greater incentive to no lynch yesterday than to lynch, especially if there is a greater number of cops in this game causing further chaos to potential hidden mechanics.

Why would I be upset? We are now short on information with the exact same endgame.

Sorry but this is incorrect. Barring a doc save, extra kill or another no lynch, and assuming we manage to kill one of the scum, the game will enter MYLO at 4 players at the time it would have instead entered LYLO with 3 players, had we killed you (assuming you're town). That isn't the exact same endgame at all.

But really the only thing against you was the supposition that counting the mislynches needed for a scum win is viewed as a scum trait, and your contradictory statements about why you made the post in the first place, after I pointed out that all games which have their first day phase start with an odd number alive could have the same statement made about them as you made (to wit: failing to lynch on day 1 reduces the number of mislynches the town has to use by one).

We have a Laarz sort-of claim. He says he asked a question and was told Sathoris is mafia. The way he said it leaves it open to interpretation way too much. He could very well be saying that he asked a question in the thread and Sathoris' posting makes Laarz think he's mafia. Laarz is always obtuse and stubborn about outright claiming anything, so I think what we have is all he's gonna give us.

I think that's crap in a game where we have only a couple days to work with. I think Laarz needs to either claim or retract his implication that he has a mod provided guilty result. I know that every time I've had any sort of cop role assigned to me, I never had to ask a question. I simply used the power in the way instructed by my role PM and was given a response. Now ... it's possible given the supposition of many flavors of cops that there could be some new twist where he has to ask a fortune teller a question or some such ... but Laarz needs to stop with the cryptic and make with a firm statement, imo.

At the moment it seems to be down to whether Laarz is claiming a mechanical guilty result on Sathoris, and whether or not we believe such a statement is likely to be true (i.e. do we trust Laarz) and whether we want to act on info given from a cop whose sanity and flavor is unknown to us (and, possibly, him?).

The biggest question I have is whether my read on the implicit stuff being said is accurate. I believe I count three people who have implied they are cops, but nobody seems to have the guts to go ahead and take the first step in confirming the multiple cop scenario.

In such a short game, if there really are 3+ cops, a mass cop claim makes a ton of sense. Especially if some of them did a sanity check and might actually have valuable information going forward.

Why would I be upset? We are now short on information with the exact same endgame.

Sorry but this is incorrect. Barring a doc save, extra kill or another no lynch, and assuming we manage to kill one of the scum, the game will enter MYLO at 4 players at the time it would have instead entered LYLO with 3 players, had we killed you (assuming you're town). That isn't the exact same endgame at all.

But really the only thing against you was the supposition that counting the mislynches needed for a scum win is viewed as a scum trait, and your contradictory statements about why you made the post in the first place, after I pointed out that all games which have their first day phase start with an odd number alive could have the same statement made about them as you made (to wit: failing to lynch on day 1 reduces the number of mislynches the town has to use by one).

We have a Laarz sort-of claim. He says he asked a question and was told Sathoris is mafia. The way he said it leaves it open to interpretation way too much. He could very well be saying that he asked a question in the thread and Sathoris' posting makes Laarz think he's mafia. Laarz is always obtuse and stubborn about outright claiming anything, so I think what we have is all he's gonna give us.

I think that's crap in a game where we have only a couple days to work with. I think Laarz needs to either claim or retract his implication that he has a mod provided guilty result. I know that every time I've had any sort of cop role assigned to me, I never had to ask a question. I simply used the power in the way instructed by my role PM and was given a response. Now ... it's possible given the supposition of many flavors of cops that there could be some new twist where he has to ask a fortune teller a question or some such ... but Laarz needs to stop with the cryptic and make with a firm statement, imo.

At the moment it seems to be down to whether Laarz is claiming a mechanical guilty result on Sathoris, and whether or not we believe such a statement is likely to be true (i.e. do we trust Laarz) and whether we want to act on info given from a cop whose sanity and flavor is unknown to us (and, possibly, him?).

The biggest question I have is whether my read on the implicit stuff being said is accurate. I believe I count three people who have implied they are cops, but nobody seems to have the guts to go ahead and take the first step in confirming the multiple cop scenario.

In such a short game, if there really are 3+ cops, a mass cop claim makes a ton of sense. Especially if some of them did a sanity check and might actually have valuable information going forward.

Deepest apologies for the double post. My mouse left click has been acting up recently and doing a double click on a single click. It's a nice mouse and I've been hesitant to pull the plug on it but I don't think it's gonna stop behaving this way. Again ... sorry.

Then to clear it up, I will claim , alignment cop, the question I asked was what is Sath's alignment, the answer was mafia.

So now the only remaining questions are whether or not you are telling the truth and whether your result is accurate.

Sathoris claims your result is wrong. The game host had to amend his original statement that "Cop results are not random" ... so we have a bit of a quandry here.

Why didn't you do a sanity check again Laarz? I know the town has very little in the way of mislynches to work with, but we also apparently have multiple cops ... with some sort of twist. If you are a cop but you're an Insane cop, then we lynch Sathoris today and you tomorrow and it's game over.

I hope you can understand why I'm hesitant to follow the cop, in this particular case.

Pharphis originally said that cop results were not random. When I used that in my big post yesterday to draw some tentative conclusions, Pharphis changed it slightly.

What do you think Laarz, about that change?

How about you, CG?

I think it merely means that the cops were assigned a type of cop, and it's up to us to determine what kind of cop has been assigned.

Assuming there are multiple cops.

I also don't agree with self-investigations. I'm not saying that pharphis did this, but I've seen most hosts always return an innocent result to a self-investigating cop, regardless of what their cop flavour is.

Why Sathoris?

I almost went with BA or Drixx but as I thought about it,I figured if there was more than one cop that they would be good choices for them to check so I went with someone that I wanted to know about, that was Sath.

So now the only remaining questions are whether or not you are telling the truth and whether your result is accurate.

Sathoris claims your result is wrong. The game host had to amend his original statement that "Cop results are not random" ... so we have a bit of a quandry here.

Why didn't you do a sanity check again Laarz? I know the town has very little in the way of mislynches to work with, but we also apparently have multiple cops ... with some sort of twist. If you are a cop but you're an Insane cop, then we lynch Sathoris today and you tomorrow and it's game over.

I hope you can understand why I'm hesitant to follow the cop, in this particular case.[/QUOTE

I am telling the truth, is it accurate? that is the question now.

If he was mafia I dont think he would say, ok laarz you got me and confess.

In this game I figured a sanity check would put us one step closer to game over.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High