Mass Effect Mystery Box Mafia Game

There is another option. We've been operating under the assumption that Numbers was telling the truth about being vigilante because he was immediately ready to take credit for the Laarz kill, but what if the scum team got an extra kill and Numbers (who I had defended as coming across as an honest town read) was the scum chosen to claim it and claim vig?

Also, given my claim of SK cop there could be one last scum who withheld kill specifically to make us think there is an SK laying low. So at this point there are six alive, by my count, which means we have 1 mislynch to work with, and that's it. A mislynch plus a kill makes tomorrow LYLO.

Still need Bad Ash, Noodle and Zokar to speak up, yeah?

There is another option. We've been operating under the assumption that Numbers was telling the truth about being vigilante because he was immediately ready to take credit for the Laarz kill, but what if the scum team got an extra kill and Numbers (who I had defended as coming across as an honest town read) was the scum chosen to claim it and claim vig?

Also, given my claim of SK cop there could be one last scum who withheld kill specifically to make us think there is an SK laying low. So at this point there are six alive, by my count, which means we have 1 mislynch to work with, and that's it. A mislynch plus a kill makes tomorrow LYLO.

I agree.

Anybody else think it's mass box open/content/ability usage claim time? If we really are seeking out a serial killer, that seems the best way to do it. Also, normally I think the best person to lynch here would be drixx, to confirm his claim of myself and zokar not being sk's, followed by me, to confirm laarz being scum. In Drixxs case, his demonstrated willingness to get lynched makes me doubt that he's anything other than town. In my case...I know it would be a mistake. Still leaves us with a bit of a problem in determining who a potential sk could be.

For my part, you already know when I opened my boxes:N1 information box, D2 picked up aria, opened it, N2 and N3 used shots. N2 shot Laarz, who flipped scum, N3 tried to shoot Ankeli, was roleblocked.

Of course, I know that there are 3 dead mafia now, so obviously my take on the situation is different, and there basically has to either be a sk running around, or drixx is scum and there is no sk possibility.

I don't think your math is right anyways.

Mislynch today, 5, kill tonight 4 left alive tomorrow, and that makes it MYLO, not LYLO, tomorrow. We have the option of not lynching anyone tomorrow even with a mislynch today if we think the extra kill+time to use abilities(if there are any that are relevant left) will increase our chances of catching scum.

I'd be surprised if there was still an SK in play, given the lack of a night kill.

I'd be surprised if there was still an SK in play, given the lack of a night kill.

Serial Killer win condition generally is to be the last person alive right? Numbers gave us info on day 1 from his first box that alignment could change, and it makes sense that if someone opens an SK box they become a neutral with the SK wincon, so it actually makes quite a lot of sense for a Serial Killer to lay low and try to avoid being lynched or killed by scum and to strike at the exact right moment to maximize their chances to end up with just them and a townie left, giving the SK the win, yeah?

In another game I'd be inclined to agree with you, given that there isn't public knowledge of three scum deaths. However, since this game kills have "flavors" it makes complete sense for a sk to not want to send in a kill and reveal that there is an additional source of kills, until absolutely necessary.

Sorry y'all. I was out of town until yesterday and tapatalk isn't working hence my absence.

I understand if people want to lynch me today based on CGs result. I don't agree with it, but I can see it. I was on him in the early goings and he lists me as one of his scummiest before he is lynched and flips scum. I would have 100% voted for CG at th end of the day if I was capable, however I was not.

I agree with numbers about a SK no kill, I also am not sure how a SK would be in the game based on the boxes having specific levels. I'd like someone, specifically Drixx to tell me how he thinks his box works for different levels.

I am not sure who to vote for, but I do not give drixx blanket town for voting for himself and having it derail the train. If we are looking for a SK I wouldn't be surprised if it was him.

despite saying that, drixx isnt who I want to vote for. Just that he isn't cleared in my mind (don't freak out drixx, this is actually a compliment based on the potential play)

I could see pyro more than noodle, but I am already fuzzy on what people claimed their previous boxes were.

Does anyone think BPC/Noodle was faking the post restriction? Possible punishment for alignment change?

I've read his QT, and the post restriction was both real and annoyed him greatly.

Sorry I've been kind of out of it, made my one quick post this morning on a morning break, but for most of the day I was in a conference room surrounded by lots of fun people, and to tell you the truth I just really didn't feel like hoping back on a computer right after work today.

There seems to be a few different possibilities, but this sounds like it could be one of them. I think I'll summarize the possibilities later on after this post, based on what I think could be going on.

Of course, I know that there are 3 dead mafia now, so obviously my take on the situation is different, and there basically has to either be a sk running around, or drixx is scum and there is no sk possibility.

I don't think your math is right anyways.

Mislynch today, 5, kill tonight 4 left alive tomorrow, and that makes it MYLO, not LYLO, tomorrow. We have the option of not lynching anyone tomorrow even with a mislynch today if we think the extra kill+time to use abilities(if there are any that are relevant left) will increase our chances of catching scum.

Are we assuming that there is one scum left and the SK left in this post? Or just one scum/SK left? If we are assuming just one scum/sk then yes, your numbers are right, but if there is a scum+mafia left and both decide to kill, tomorrow would be it, but I don't know how likely this is yet.

Serial Killer win condition generally is to be the last person alive right? Numbers gave us info on day 1 from his first box that alignment could change, and it makes sense that if someone opens an SK box they become a neutral with the SK wincon, so it actually makes quite a lot of sense for a Serial Killer to lay low and try to avoid being lynched or killed by scum and to strike at the exact right moment to maximize their chances to end up with just them and a townie left, giving the SK the win, yeah?

In another game I'd be inclined to agree with you, given that there isn't public knowledge of three scum deaths. However, since this game kills have "flavors" it makes complete sense for a sk to not want to send in a kill and reveal that there is an additional source of kills, until absolutely necessary.

The only thing that doesn't make sense to me about this whole thing though is. Say there is only the SK left. Based on the kill flavors, I would assume that if a SK killed, the flavor would be different (at least that would make logical sense to me). Would not showing a different kill flavor, be worth withholding a kill for a long period of time? I mean, there have been no kills that haven't been accounted for and last night there were no kills at all. If the SK plans on withholding the kills up through the point where its only them and a townie left, that's a lot of mislynches that they would have to endure and a lot of bullets that would of had to have missed them. If I were the SK, the choice would be pretty clear to me and that would be to start chopping off heads as soon as I could to help tip the odds in my favor, especially as it got closer to later in the game when most abilities have most likely been used up.

So, this is what I think of possible scenarios right now.

Numbers could have lied about his vig shot killing a scum laarz. Since we are working on the assumption that there were most likely 3 scum at the start of the game, with two of them being lynched and a third claimed to have been shot by Numbers, seeing any more incineration kills would throw up red flags, and Numbers now sees his best chance of winning as holing back the kills and hoping for mislynches.

Drixx isn't really a SK cop, and is actually the SK, and he is just "lying low" as he so aptly puts it in his own post.

The last scum/sk is hiding out among the less active players (which includes myself for the time being) and is tyring to ride it out without being noticed.

Unfortunately the number of days that we have left is really unclear depending on if there is a scum+sk or just a scum or sk remaining and if they choose to continue withholding their kills.

We have at best:
Mislynch 5, No kill, Mislynch 4, No kill, Mislynch 3, kill, GameOver (all further kills withheld, very unlikely in my mind)

And at worst:
Mislynch 5, two kills, LYLO.

Before I go back and re-read again, this my ordered list:

Numbers
Drixx
Bad Ash
Noodle
Pyro

Unless I missed something (which given the amount of work I've doing is real high probability) Numbers is the only one out of all of us to actually kill anybody this game.

2. Pharphis (Critical Mission Failure)
4. Laarz (Ejected out of an airlock)
6. FredOfErik (Died trying to prove himself)

Modified the quote to illustrate my point. Number's Laarz kill is the only *active* death description.
I really want to say that this is the clue that makes Numbers guilty.
But, if there is only 1 SK left, that would require Drixx to be town.
If Drixx is town, then Numbers isn't the SK, so Numbers can't be the SK if there is only an SK alive.
By the same exact reasoning, if there is only an SK left, I can not be the SK.

I feel there is likely only a single SK left in the game and it is either Drixx, Bad Ash, Noodle or Pyro.

Of course, Drixx could be lying about his ability and that voids the above logic about me and Numbers, but that doesn't matter because he'll be the SK.

So, unless I've missed something, I'm convinced that neither me or Numbers is the SK and as such, even though I wanted to vote Numbers, I'll only be looking at the four I listed above.

Numbers clearly hasn't used his second vig shot right?

Also, Numbers is still alive.

Please confirm if you've used it or not Numbers.

Before I go back and re-read again, this my ordered list:

Numbers
Drixx
Bad Ash
Noodle
Pyro

Unless I missed something (which given the amount of work I've doing is real high probability) Numbers is the only one out of all of us to actually kill anybody this game.

Modified the quote to illustrate my point. Number's Laarz kill is the only *active* death description.
I really want to say that this is the clue that makes Numbers guilty.
But, if there is only 1 SK left, that would require Drixx to be town.
If Drixx is town, then Numbers isn't the SK, so Numbers can't be the SK if there is only an SK alive.
By the same exact reasoning, if there is only an SK left, I can not be the SK.

I feel there is likely only a single SK left in the game and it is either Drixx, Bad Ash, Noodle or Pyro.

Of course, Drixx could be lying about his ability and that voids the above logic about me and Numbers, but that doesn't matter because he'll be the SK.

So, unless I've missed something, I'm convinced that neither me or Numbers is the SK and as such, even though I wanted to vote Numbers, I'll only be looking at the four I listed above.

You're missing the very real possibility that I'm scum and lied about killing laarz. I could have very easily had a secondary kill power from a box and used it on scums behalf to kill a townie and claimed he was scum, thus allowing me to sneak by right now by fudging the scum numbers. If that's the case, there would be a very good reason to not kill someone: It would show that there was another member of the mafia team left alive, and that member would logically have to be me.

Of course, knowing that laarz WAS scum as I do, your logic is otherwise perfectly sound.

You're missing the very real possibility that I'm scum and lied about killing laarz. I could have very easily had a secondary kill power from a box and used it on scums behalf to kill a townie and claimed he was scum, thus allowing me to sneak by right now by fudging the scum numbers. If that's the case, there would be a very good reason to not kill someone: It would show that there was another member of the mafia team left alive, and that member would logically have to be me.

Of course, knowing that laarz WAS scum as I do, your logic is otherwise perfectly sound.

No I'm not. The preface was that there exist only a sole SK. I was talking about a very specific scenario. In that scenario neither of us can be mafia because there exists only an SK.

I was not giving a full fledged cover all the basis analysis. I was just talking about what I feel is the likely scenario. Can I be wrong, well, duh!

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High