Mass Effect Mystery Box Mafia Game

@Pyrotechnician - Yes, it is an oddly specific ability. Well, except for the part that it was only a level one box and the levels are supposed to be somewhat indicative of relative power. And along with being able to x-shot investigate for The Illusive Man (SK), I helpfully learned that there was an SK box in the game. Numbers had conveniently taken claim for the only extra kill we had seen to that point and the only other one was apparently a misfire/suicide.

It seems unlikely, therefore, that the SK box has been opened, or if it has then we don't seem to have evidence of who TIM is.

@Pyrotechnician - Yes, it is an oddly specific ability. Well, except for the part that it was only a level one box and the levels are supposed to be somewhat indicative of relative power. And along with being able to x-shot investigate for The Illusive Man (SK), I helpfully learned that there was an SK box in the game. Numbers had conveniently taken claim for the only extra kill we had seen to that point and the only other one was apparently a misfire/suicide.

It seems unlikely, therefore, that the SK box has been opened, or if it has then we don't seem to have evidence of who TIM is.

It would be my guess that most if not all boxes have been opened. Relatively small odds that your "SK Box" went down the drain with anybody and relatively large odds that most if not all boxes have been opened. I simply do not believe your claim at all.

You seem to want us to believe there is an SK roaming around. I don't think there is one and I think you're trying to guide us to lynch anybody else but you.

LOL @ TIM .... :crazyeyes:

Zokar, Bad Ash and Pyrotechnician have not divulged their Box 1 names.
Noodle, Zokar, Bad Ash, Caluin Graye, Pyrotechnician and FredOfErik (through CG) have not divulged their Box 2 names.

Bad Ash and Pyrotechnician have not divulged their Box 1 contents.
Noodle, Zokar, Bad Ash and Pyrotechnician have not divulged their Box 2 contents.

No living player has admitted to trying to pick up a box that wasn't there (pharphis did).

I'm the only player to admit trying to trade with a box on the shelf that wasn't there.

The shelf contents have remained stable for the last several days. My box 2 was the last change to the shelf.

I'll consider sharing my first box, but I'm not sure if I feel like it. Besides if all the mystery is gone, the mafia will know if I'm holding back something....or am I? WIFOM

My second box was I have a shotgun. Mmmmmaybe we’ll talk later. / Level 3 if you couldn't guess that one.

I opened my first box and submitted the pickup fairly early in the first night. This allowed me to get the box. I opened it the next night phase and gained an ability which allowed me to roleblock all actions for one game phase of my choosing, whether it be day or night. Once I saw that someone had initiated a second night, it was obvious that the mafiso were trying to gain a hefty advantage by having two consecutive nights so I activated my ability to counter the second night phase. Initially I was going to drop a hint the upcoming day phase that I was going to roleblock all actions that coming night, but that plan changed when we had a double night.

I have no boxes currently in my possession and haven't after Night 2, and may or may not have had something gained from my first box.

wait, so you mean your box and ability don't align? omg! who could have thought such a thing... so you could totally be honest about what box you have and lie about the ability and nobody would ever know? This is madness.....

Madness, insane madness. Where are you getting box and ability don't align from that post, other than it wasn't what he was expecting?

Box abilities don't tell us alignment, so why vote for Ankeli to test Goryani? Why not the other way around? (Looking for the logical reasoning please).

The cop claimed a guilty result on him! Lets lynch the cop to test the claim instead of the guy with the guilty verdict!

Sound logic enough for you?

Yes, I know its not alignment, but Gory claimed Ank lied about his box, I don't see how it could be mylo or lylo so why would Gory do that now, rather than wait a day phase or two when a wrong lynch could seal the game for a scum Gory?

Hi! Back from my trip. ^^ So, quick read makes me feel(regardless of cg's claimed scum result) that goryani is much more likely to be telling the truth about his box scan/read, than ankeli is about the boxes he's opened. Goryani has been constantly pressuring the town to reveal box actions, which is something very in line with his claimed ability. Town Goryani obviously wants us to do that so he can catch scum lying. Scum Goryani, even if telling the truth about the power, has little to gain from claiming someones lying and watching them get caught. A long con with a bus now on his scummate, and a fake result on mylo, is the only scenario in which I can see a scum goryani pushing for the full reveals the way he has, AND claiming to have found a discrepancy in what was revealed by a player, and it just doesn't seem very likely, and feel like a fairly huge play.

CG: any other information you'd like to share beyond your guilty result on ankeli?

Still no word on your "second" vig shot, Mr. Numbers?

Because I hate the broken quote above ><

Madness, insane madness. Where are you getting box and ability don't align from that post, other than it wasn't what he was expecting?

I have BoxA and BoxB and lie about their contents. Who's going to prove that I'm lying? Nobody.

It would be my guess that most if not all boxes have been opened. Relatively small odds that your "SK Box" went down the drain with anybody and relatively large odds that most if not all boxes have been opened. I simply do not believe your claim at all.

You seem to want us to believe there is an SK roaming around. I don't think there is one and I think you're trying to guide us to lynch anybody else but you.

LOL @ TIM .... :crazyeyes:

Actually I think it would be foolish to think that "most if not all boxes" have been opened since there are at least 6 that we know for sure haven't been opened. You can believe or not believe whatever you like, but so far your only case against me seems to be "An SK cop?" and that's simply not a case.

I suspect that either the SK box went to death with someone or is still sitting on the shelf right there in post #2; however, I did open the box I claimed and it did give me an x-shot SK cop and I was told that I would know when The Illusive Man (TIM) showed his face as part of my flavor text. I don't know if that literally means I'll be notified or if it is just flavor, but as someone who has played all 3 ME games, I suspect it was just flavor. There's a reason he's called the "illusive" man, after all.

I opened my first box and submitted the pickup fairly early in the first night. This allowed me to get the box. I opened it the next night phase and gained an ability which allowed me to roleblock all actions for one game phase of my choosing, whether it be day or night. Once I saw that someone had initiated a second night, it was obvious that the mafiso were trying to gain a hefty advantage by having two consecutive nights so I activated my ability to counter the second night phase. Initially I was going to drop a hint the upcoming day phase that I was going to roleblock all actions that coming night, but that plan changed when we had a double night.

This explains why my investigation of you failed last night.

I am now currently out of things to share.

PS. Still maintaining that Drixx and Ank are scum.

The third spot is now up for debate though.

Earlier you had me in the town column...which indicates you believe me about killing laarz and his alignment. So, you think 4 scum is likely?

On N3 I tried to shoot Ankeli. I was roleblocked. Same thing on N4, but for a different reason I guess? My N3 roleblock makes it seem likely that there are currently 3 scum left. One roleblocked me, one submitted the NK, and another used whatever power resulted in the double night. Alternatively, someone could have opened a box that resulted in the double night phase occurring(perhaps FoE or Jcakes? Need to double check to see where they claimed they were in terms of box opening), but I assume any town player who caused the double night through whatever means, intentional(no idea why a townie would intentionally double the nights) or not, would have claimed that action by now.

Actually, as I'm thinking through this...can anyone think of a reasonable scenario why scum would use a double night power last night? Makes way more sense to use it at a time when it would swing the game completely, instead of just giving them some momentum and narrowing down our suspects.

Hmm. Rather inconclusive then I guess. I think, as a deliberately planned maneuver, it didn't make sense to use the double night power last night. Town wouldn't have used it deliberately ever. Between those two facts, and drixx's suggestion that there is a SK box in play, I'm inclined to believe that there are only 2 scum left right now, and that double night was caused by a box opened by one of them(and thus, didn't use their action for the night) or that it was caused by a box opened by someone else who was then killed.

For whoever was asking about box details, with times(fuzzed a bit because I, like everyone else, would like some independent confirmation of this claim.

N1: Open: Qwib Qwib or Ectomy / Level 2 4:52-4:57 p.m. ET
N1: Pick up: Box No salarian hearts, no turian livers, not one krogan testicle / Level 2 1:49-1:54 a.m. ET
D1: Trade: Box No salarian hearts, no turian livers, not one krogan testicle / Level 2 with shelf box dont f*** with Aria / Level 3 4:07-4:12 p.m. ET
D1: Open: dont f*** with Aria / Level 3 4:49-4:54 p.m. ET

Ankeli, are you ever going to explain how you knew laarz's alignment?

I don't believe 4 scum is likely. But I usually give a top 3 in my scum lists.

I had nothing to do with whatever happened night 3. So your guess is as good as mine. I made the assumption that you were the reason Fred died at the time of using my block on that following night.

I don't believe 4 scum is likely. But I usually give a top 3 in my scum lists.

I had nothing to do with whatever happened night 3. So your guess is as good as mine. I made the assumption that you were the reason Fred died at the time of using my block on that following night.

Almost shot at FoE, but his play differed from his scum play enough that I had to figure he honestly didn't believe me, and wasn't scum putting pressure on me.

I see a lot of people voting for Ankeli, but I don't recall any cogent case against him. Scum love to play follow the leader ... did anyone stop and work through any reasoning for this vote train?

To be super clear: I have a null read on Ankeli ... so if there's actually a case can someone help me out here?

I placed my original vote(and made my attempt to shoot him) because of a post where he made a statement that seemed to be one he could only make if he knew laarzs alignment. Then, goryani claims to have a box scanning power that says ankeli has no box, , while he claims he has a box that gave him another box etc, with no end yet. And CG claims to have investigated him N3 and received a scum result.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High