Mass Effect Mystery Box Mafia Game

On N2, FoE invited me into a permanent Mason chat last night. We didn't talk much, but he did share with me that his kill was only 50/50. Either he killed his target, or the kill backfired and he killed himself.

Mafia edit for clarification (since that reads weird): We started the chat on N2, and last night he told me about the 50/50 shot, before he went and shot himself.

I haven't claimed what? My boxes? In short (since hockey is on):

1st box included an ability with 3 shots that I can use to make someone read the opposite faction if investigated (targeted).
The 2nd box included a box, which I opened again and it included a box. I think I'll be opening this box for the rest of the game.

@Goryani, what? Most votes? Awesome! :D

Back to hockey.

1st box included an ability with 3 shots that I can use to make someone read the opposite faction if investigated (targeted).
The 2nd box included a box, which I opened again and it included a box. I think I'll be opening this box for the rest of the game.

Back to hockey.

And if that person is neutral? What happens?

No clue. No explanation for that.

Have you used said ability? I have a SK-Cop that I targeted against Numbers and I got back that he wasn't the serial killer. My cop variant gives me a role answer and not an alignment answer, but just to make absolutely sure you couldn't have mucked it up, an answer would be nice.

@Bad Ash - I think you should re-read my play yesterday. I couldn't come out and say outright "I'm the serial killer detector so let me do my thing before we string him up ... he could be telling the truth!" because then the SK, presuming that box has been opened, would have just Code 187'd me. But I did raise the possibility of him being an SK several times. I was actually pretty sure he was but I wanted the actual investigation result and not just "I'm an SK-cop, Numbers was really fast to admit making that kill, maybe he's not actually a vigilante..." argument. Unless someone fudged with the results, it's probably a good thing I played it careful, yeah?

There has been no other indication of extra kills besides Numbers' and the one where FoE apparently self-killed (according to CG), so I wonder if it's possible Zauper went to his death with the SK box. If not, Goryani is probably the most likely candidate, given what he's claimed about his box situation. Beyond that I'm unsure except that if the SK box has been opened I'm fairly sure I just put a huge target on my back.

Not that I disagree with the voting on ankeli. But saying he has the most votes with a total of one is hilarious. No interest in the double night or the nothing happened night?

See the section of my post preceding the most votes part. Double nights don't happen by accident. We absolutely, positively cannot let the day go by without a mass claim. I will happily see anyone lynched that doesn't participate.

And no waiting till the last minute BS either. Quick trains on anyone who hasn't claimed until they claim or get locked. I'm fine with randomly choosing the quick train, which is why I jumped on the bandwagon.

I also think we need to drastically change our site meta. We can't continue giving mafia easy wins due to lack of votes. 3-4 players need to go over the halfway point every single day or we're doing it wrong.

You sir, are a liar. I know what your box did because I investigated you.

I'm not even going to go for the "you can only open 2 boxes during the game" rule. Oh wait. I just did.

Back to hockey.

Oh, and nice mafia tactic of delaying who you tailored/framed.

Seems somewhat obvious the mafia has targeted Ankeli for a quick lynch vote. We must be in Lylo.

Drixx, numbers, goryani. Happy to vote for either.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Btw if you want a full reveal, I need the timestamp everyone opened their first box and when they chose their second box. I will tell you who's lying. This is not a bluff.

Btw if you want a full reveal, I need the timestamp everyone opened their first box and when they chose their second box. I will tell you who's lying. This is not a bluff.

Timestamps are normally a detail of the forbidden zone - things we shouldn't be talking about. But it seems to be a game mechanic...

It'll be hard to tell who's lying when you give everyone forewarning...

I opened my first box at either 10:48 PM ET or 10:49 PM ET. You tell me which. I picked up my second box at either 4:07 PM ET or 4:08 PM ET. Again, you tell me which.

Seems somewhat obvious the mafia has targeted Ankeli for a quick lynch vote. We must be in Lylo.

Drixx, numbers, goryani. Happy to vote for either.

For someone who's been happy to place Ankeli on the scum list all game long, you sure are happy to ignore him as a suspect now. Why not distance from him today?

And put your vote where your mouth is. Or are you afraid to stick your neck out?

I didn't vote for anyone but gave my info freely, including the names of the boxes I used, but Bad Ash is pulling a Sathoris on me.

Timestamps are normally a detail of the forbidden zone - things we shouldn't be talking about. But it seems to be a game mechanic...

It'll be hard to tell who's lying when you give everyone forewarning...

I opened my first box at either 10:48 PM ET or 10:49 PM ET. You tell me which. I picked up my second box at either 4:07 PM ET or 4:08 PM ET. Again, you tell me which.

For someone who's been happy to place Ankeli on the scum list all game long, you sure are happy to ignore him as a suspect now. Why not distance from him today?

And put your vote where your mouth is. Or are you afraid to stick your neck out?

Thanks you for playing. Need the day as well to pair the timestamp.

And why do I care about sticking my neck out? I've tried to not vote this early in any day phase in recent games barring joke votes or rock solid information.

See the section of my post preceding the most votes part. Double nights don't happen by accident. We absolutely, positively cannot let the day go by without a mass claim. I will happily see anyone lynched that doesn't participate.

And no waiting till the last minute BS either. Quick trains on anyone who hasn't claimed until they claim or get locked. I'm fine with randomly choosing the quick train, which is why I jumped on the bandwagon.

I also think we need to drastically change our site meta. We can't continue giving mafia easy wins due to lack of votes. 3-4 players need to go over the halfway point every single day or we're doing it wrong.

I would vote for Ank but not for the reasons you're stating.

That being said, I've given all the info about my box name/level/actions that I'm going to give...

*stepping up to get lynched*

go for it...

I think either Drixx or Ankeli are lying. I do not buy his bit about his boxes, either one of them. I think it smells of a poorly thought out risk.

Could they both be lying.... I guess so, but I don't believe Ankeli more than I don't believe Drixx.

Sure ... I'll humor this. I used the blasto the jellyfish stings box and picked up the I'll Never Work for Cerberus box both at the same time, which was between 5:33 and 5:35 pm EDT during the first night.

I think either Drixx or Ankeli are lying. I do not buy his bit about his boxes, either one of them. I think it smells of a poorly thought out risk.

Could they both be lying.... I guess so, but I don't believe Ankeli more than I don't believe Drixx.

What is a poorly thought out risk? I opened a box that told me there was a Serial Killer potentially, and which gave me x-shot investigate for SK. I could have read Numbers' extremely rapid claim of the 2nd kill as an attempt to get people to believe he was a vigilante and not consider the SK angle, but if you read my comments yesterday you'll see me raise the possibility of SK several times.

I think it would have been a poor play for me to reveal yesterday that my "I'll Never Work for Cerberus" box had made me an x-shot SK cop, which would have pretty heavily implicated Numbers before I could actually investigate him and (assuming nothing messed with my investigative result) would have resulted in us probably killing someone who appears to have been honest with us all the way through the game.

It's still possible that Numbers is scum, but nobody has actually made a case for that. The mere possibility that he could be isn't a case. Everyone in the game could be scum.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High