Breaking Bad Forum Mafia Game

I'll fully claim, as there are too many votes on me today and we don't need another mislynch. (I would have liked to wait to do this, and actually never actually claim, but here it goes)

I actually am a treestump. I showed my hand by voting day one when I should not have.
Yes, I lied. I wanted to fabricate something that would draw attention to me in hopes that mafia would waste a nk. Hopefuuly, they have targeted me a time or two, but being this disruptive is not beneficial.

Justification: Last game, think how early bad ash claimed treestump. Pretty sure it was him. How did that help town? Did that action up him in the target of mafia or did it allow them to focus on others?
The role I was trying to claim was commuter that brought someone with them (somewhat of a doc). I hoped that mafia would not want this role in the game and ty to take me out.

I am a treestump.

I cannot explain why others were not able to vote, coincidence or there actually is a vote restricter in the game and I lucked out do by there being one. I thought about making this post say smthn along the lines of the vote restricter could be a day ability, but decided on claiming as the best course of action.

I hope that town will respect my play and understand why I did the things I did.

Vote please. Vote for me. Vote for you. Vote for anyone.

Tree stump can't vote!
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Tree_Stump
and you voted on day 1.

Not a tree stump buddy!

Usually...... Treestumps don't have a valid vote. They can vote, but it just doesn't count. It's how you test them to see if they are a treestump. Also, treestumps usually can't be voted for. Not always, but it's very rare for a treestump to show as having votes on them. Furthermore, treestumps, more often than not, don't count as a living player for the purposes of counting lynch numbers. So if there were 9 living players but one was a treestump, then it would take 4 votes to lynch and not 5. Sometimes, they don't even appear in the living list. The trigger phrase activation is roughly 50/50.

Get 1 more vote and I'm in.

I have only ever played two games of mafia so I have relied heavily on MafiaWiki for this - it said a treestump couldn't vote! Nothing about it being able to vote but the vote not counting. I assumed that it meant what it said. Apperently everything is out of the box, and I'm taking a break from these games. Just wanna finish this real quick.

We don't follow mafiawiki to the T. We don't even follow our own roles to the T. Roles common for us don't appear on mafiawiki and the converse is true.

But I've directed this thread in a completely wrong direction. Ignore my previous ~50-100 posts.

I think the 7 left with votes should agree upon a lynch and I'll join in on an available train.

No. This was a very good direction. The route may be strange but I think the destination is aces.

TJ and coju are town.

Does any townie want to corroborate Thomas' claim that townies weren't role blocked? Does any mafia want to fake it?

Ignore for a moment what I believe. YOU believe we are close to mylo and are willing to vote anybody and lynch a random person. No matter how wrong you are, this is a terrible plan. And yes ofc everybody has spent time being wrong, but that doesn't discredit any future argument you make.

As for who are my top suspects, I don't know. I have a town read on gory and could back up a lynch on glib based on his reasoning. Another option would be goldtru since I feel like she has contributed even less this game than what she usually does. To me it looks like she is trying very hard to not say anything that would get her any amount of attention. Numbers for an extreme effort put in to defending a non-existent argument.

Vote: glibbucket

Just for now. I am willing to switch, but there are a couple of players I will not vote for.
You do this and vote glib?

Vote please. Vote for me. Vote for you. Vote for anyone.
Did my vote for Johnson not go through?
Vote: ThomasJohnson

We don't follow mafiawiki to the T. We don't even follow our own roles to the T. Roles common for us don't appear on mafiawiki and the converse is true.
Yes, this has been the bane of many players that start with us. I think that's what makes these games so fun, is that we are in the Mod's World, and anything (s)he ((has there been a female host? I say next host female, or asexual being)) goes.

No. This was a very good direction. The route may be strange but I think the destination is aces.

TJ and coju are town.
After stewing on this, I think you may be correct. It is hard for me to believe TJ to be town after his attack, but I have been there and done that same thing: just get so focused on one person.

As FoE showed, TJ just wanting to vote willy-nilly for someone... Heh... Not too towny there.

Usually...... Treestumps don't have a valid vote. They can vote, but it just doesn't count. It's how you test them to see if they are a treestump. Also, treestumps usually can't be voted for. Not always, but it's very rare for a treestump to show as having votes on them. Furthermore, treestumps, more often than not, don't count as a living player for the purposes of counting lynch numbers. So if there were 9 living players but one was a treestump, then it would take 4 votes to lynch and not 5. Sometimes, they don't even appear in the living list. The trigger phrase activation is roughly 50/50.

TJ and coju are town.

So you believe that treestump in this particular game is being implemented in a very different fashion that what you stated was typical? And that it's more likely coju is a treestump being handled in an unusual way, than that he is scum with a one time lynch immunity and a power that removes his ability to vote?

TJ and coju are town.

So we have a townie that refuses to share thoughts on who he thinks is town/scum? I tried to prod him, and the only reaction he ever showed was when i voted FoE. Who had just visited you that night.

Does any townie want to corroborate Thomas' claim that townies weren't role blocked? Does any mafia want to fake it?

If what Thomas's Johnson' saying is true re: Global Role Block (I'm leaning toward believe), then I will agree vote restriction is town power.

Also my night action was not restricted either. I know that sounds LAMIST but who cares what you Nancy's think any more. I like the logic that has finally bubbled to the surface here.

Looky at FredwardofErica voting me out of the clear blue...:ponder:

As much as it Horrifies me to claim.

I feel compelled to say something in order to give Tom's genitals some hope. I am a town thief.

Think of the children!! Won't someone think of the children?!?!

Each night I target someone and receive an item or ability. Might night chat with Goryani was stolen and was a one shot ability.

So two things I find interesting 1) this vote restriction is town based is Tom's Johnson is telling truths 2) Goryani figured out vote restriction was town and ding was mafia based on ..... what ???:fortune:..I am amaze

I wish I could vote.

Noodle, do you have an opinion about whom I might "visit" tonight??

I am sincerely interested in your thoughts.

First off, I would like to appologize for my behaviour last night. I got a little bit carried away after spending way too much time analyzing votes and building theories. All of which proved useless ofc, and it was a tough realization.
That being said, I'd like to go on record with a small addendum:

When I joined this game, I made it plain, that I am very new at this. In fact I only ever played one game of mafia before and that was several years ago; after that only the all SK game, which hardly constitutes your average mafia game. I was told to go ahead and join; I would be more than welcome. Later when the game needed more players, I asked if complete newbies would be considered and was again told that they would be more than welcome. So I put up a couple of threads and even got a few answers in thread and on pm; none of the ones interested chose to play though - and I'm grateful they didn't. Because let's face it guys - this game and the games you are playing here are not rookie friendly games.
I was expecting mafia vs. town with a few twists; what I found was concealed QT-threads, progressive abilities, rule changes on the fly, daytime actions, an unusual treestump, a sociopath not intent on killing, vote restrictions, post restrictions and lord knows what else might be in there. This, to me, does not constitute a good beginner's game, and I would imagine that you loose quite a few first-time players by including them in such games.
I do not blame anyone for not speaking up; I chose to join and should've anticipated complexity. That being said, I seriously think, that you should consider running two games at the time: one game for the rookies and/or the casual player wishing to pop by half an hour after work and another complicated game for the hardcore mafia-player and/or those who like to spend hours imagining every possible scenario. Either that or consider labeling the games with some sort of difficulty rating - after all, I assume this is supposed to be fun and include as many members as possible.
Anyways that was what I needed to get off my chest - and Goldtru I tried to be brief :)

So what you're saying is...

You'll play next game as well correct?? :thumbup:

Not likely. I might host a simple game at some point, if you feel that my idea of 2 games simultaneously is good. I have this Seinfeld idea that I'd like to explore. It's very casual and pretty straight-forward. Requires 13 players and should be over within maybe 6-10 (max of 20 days but will never reach that) days. Everyone pretty much knows major content at the beginning.
But atm. it's just on the drawing board, and like I said: it stays there until such a time as two games might coexist.

Not likely. I might host a simple game at some point, if you feel that my idea of 2 games simultaneously is good. I have this Seinfeld idea that I'd like to explore. It's very casual and pretty straight-forward. Requires 13 players and should be over within maybe 6-10 (max of 20 days but will never reach that) days. Everyone pretty much knows major content at the beginning.
But atm. it's just on the drawing board, and like I said: it stays there until such a time as two games might coexist.

Who are your scum suspects?

Ignore lack of spelling and logic, phonestyle

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High