Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

The biggest newspaper here has today introduced pay-to-read for their webside. 30$ a month for not that good stuff. I think that's too much. They have a little bit more in depth and politically balanced articles than the tabloids, but not enough to warrant that price. I'd have bought it for half the price though. I'll read my free 8 articles a week in the weekend and be ok with that.

Just right now the cat was in a starring match with hubby concerning which door he should choose. Looked like a draw for 5 mins, but the cat just gave in and went through the inside door.

*nightcup wine please*

*cuddles bar*

Guess I will again let that "friend" try to bully me into whatever and be the bad person to deny her her wishes. Surely better than being able to be myself. I'm just fed up with arguing. You shouldn't have to constantly do that just because you have to try to stop one person from completely neclecting you a say in things. Like being told constantly what you should do and if you don't do that you are a bad friend. We had agreed to a 3-night trip next spring, on Friday she suddenly made it a 4-night trip by text message and assumed that was ok when we met on Saturday. When I said no to that and insisted on 3-nights for me, she was acting very hurt. She even asked hubby "Am I such a terrible person to be arround with?" Well, he didn't anser "Yes, you are" which would have been the truth. 1/4th of the reason I don't want to go for 4-nights is her, admittedly, but the most important part to me is that I don't have a catsitter. I can somehow with very bad conscious agree to 3 nights. Will have to ask the neighbour I haven't said more than hello to to fill up the bowls once.

/rant for now

Sounds like you're hanging out with my parents. I strongly advice against that.

That's because I'm hiding in a bunker chugging tequila to get away from my house guests and there's terrible wifi in here. ;)

I'm sorry. I always get terrible wifi after eating broccolli. I promise not to wave it into your direction.

We all appear to be focusing on the wifi part and not the dungeon/tequila part of the equation, which is far more interesting. I've never wanted to be held captive in a dungeon but penguins are adorable and I just can't say no to that cute little face. Look where it has gotten me. Actually, considering the marauding house guests, I will stay quite happily in my dungeon with or without wifi but definitely not without tequila.

We all appear to be focusing on the wifi part and not the dungeon/tequila part of the equation, which is far more interesting. I've never wanted to be held captive in a dungeon but penguins are adorable and I just can't say no to that cute little face. Look where it has gotten me. Actually, considering the marauding house guests, I will stay quite happily in my dungeon with or without wifi but definitely not without tequila.

I'll absolutely let you in my dungeon and will provide all the tequila, vodka and or rum you need ;) I totally understand how frustrating certain personality types are when you have to entertain them for much longer than you'd rather like... so drink up!

I'll absolutely let you in my dungeon and will provide all the tequila, vodka and or rum you need ;) I totally understand how frustrating certain personality types are when you have to entertain them for much longer than you'd rather like... so drink up!

And chocolate. That will be wonderful. :)

I tend to forget to take my lunchbreak at work.
My colleagues scould me for it, but I usually remind them that they are even less inclined than me to take breaks, which embarrasses 'm rightfully.

In order to get myself to take a break I've decided that I will listen to a radio show from the BBC iPlayer every day. Usually something from radio 4 or 4 extra, and it's usually 30 minutes and that's my lunch. I force myself not to work while listening to the show.

Sometimes, that backfires. Yesterday I decided to listen to Pratchett's Guards Guards while eating my sarnies. Nearly choked on my cheese sandwich from laughter. It didn't go any better when today I listened to the News Quiz extra.
Also, students gave me puzzled looks, but that's actually not that unusual.

And chocolate. That will be wonderful. :)

I wonder, wouldn't it be easier and healthier - well for your own health, less so for your guests - if I handed you an instrument?
You can chose from a) a recorder b) a banjo or c) bagpipes.
I've found all of those equally effective to chase people away. I know our students terrorize the school with their recorders. I usually tell them that from their playing it is pretty obvious they need to practice but I suggest they play Far, far away.

Sounds like you're hanging out with my parents. I strongly advice against that.

Maybe she should hang out with your parents? And that being filmed with a hidden camera for our pleasure?

My "friend" even managed to tell my mother that I'd have to change to be her new best friend and be more like her old best friend (who died the year before). That upset my mother quite a bit. I had to assure her that I certainly wouldn't do that.

Said "friend" is also currently trying to get the person who I call my best friend here to be a better friend to her than to me. That is to get her to follow her when something is up to disussion. Actually, she just wants someone who is in on everything she wants to do, like her deceased best friend.

/end rant again

*nightcup wine please*

*cuddles bar*

I wish it was already Saturday tomorrow *sigh*

polar-bear-hey-craig-funny-captions-photo-picture-fb-facebook.jpg

Moar, I knew someone like that once. She drive herself between me and a really good friend, someone who was a bridesmaid of mine. She wrecked our friendship because she basically drove such a wedge between us. Then she moved out of state.

If you are this upset, your husband needs to know and the two of you will figure something out. That's what husbands are for.

Now excuse me while I am swept away on my white horse to unknown lands .... *floats off on a pink cloud of contradictions.......

25 Million views in two days. I love this guy. (He did the Carly Rap Jeppson 'Call Me Maybe' vid.)

Err, maybe NSFW

[youtube]W6DmHGYy_xk[/youtube]

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High