The Most Extreme Elimination Challenge Mafia Edition

I am going to smack anyone that touches my car.

10 people proceed to touch my car. It is very clear that I now have 10 smacks to hand out. There is no ambiguity, the word everyone equals anyone in this context. (1)

And how can I not be sarcastic when people ask dumb questions? (I am not saying yoir questions are dumb).

I don't know how to address it further, I tried to not let it dominate otherwise it comes down to a "me vs logout" which does the town no good if logout is a town listener. My very first post said it was unbelievable, which means I dont believe it. I know I didnt say it (which is obvious) and the one thing I can figure out (if logout made it up or if he really is a listener) I tried to do. It is easy to just say it is his fabrication due to his scum list afterwards does not include me and his vote is not on me, but that leaves the town with no choice and no discussion. But apparently that is what drixx, pyro, moar, and others want.

I can't believe the few people who could somehow think I am the sk out of this. That should be looked at closer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

1.) I agree 100% with this logic. However, you only have 2 hands, so no matter how hard you try, you cannot smack 10 people in 1 motion. If you start smacking the 10 people (and remember, 1 of the people that touched your car was yourself, so say "cheese!") then you confirm the statement of "I am going to smack anyone that touches my car."

On the other hand, if you choose to let anyone touch your car willy-nilly, without any recourse, then either someone put you up to claim that you will smack anyone that touches your car, or, the car that the 10 people touched was not yours. If any of these 10 people are smacked, we subsequently know that, in-fact, your car was touched, and can extrapolate that you smacked them. If not a single one of these 10 people are smacked, then we know that either the car touched was not yours, or that someone put you up to saying that. I totally just repeated myself there....

As to the rest of it, I'm not sure I follow what you are saying.

"It is easy to just say it is his fabrication due to his scum list afterwards does not include me and his vote is not on me, but that leaves the town with no choice and no discussion."

So, you are saying that, it will be easy to shrug my listen post off as my own fabrication after I am lynched and turn up scum, because I am not currently voting to lynch you? If this is what you mean, what happens when I am lynched and turn up Town? Major egg on your face!

This post reeks scum.

@logoutzero
Have you played mafia in any way before this game?

I have never played forum mafia, or parlour mafia, in any form before this game. I have, however, taken part in many "who-done-its" and murder mystery type events, which have many similar aspects. The only difference is there is typically only 1 "badguy" in one of these scenarios, but several actors are given "bad" roles to carry out, to cause confusion.

Oh dear God I think I'm going to go read War and Peace, it's shorter than logout's posts. ;)

Unvote: Zokar
Vote: logoutzero

I was about to say that all this fire and fury over logout and thefranklin seems deeply suspicious to me but thefranklin beat me to it. What can I say, great minds think alike etc. However, logout is pointing fingers at thefranklin so vigorously that that can't possibly be on the level. He is basically doing a dance around franklin and going "kill him! kill him!"

It's quite possible that they are pulling off some kind of scam between the two of them, but then anything is possible and we really don't have that much info to go on.

My gut is telling me there is a coordinated effort here somewhere, and logout and franklin are either acting as decoys for some kind of power play, or franklin is being sacrificed by another group. So I'm not voting for either of them. I'm leaning toward Bad Ash or Drixx, because they both seem to be herding everyone towards logout and franklin. I don't like being herded, so I tend to start peering at those who are trying to do it.

I'm not voting for anyone right now. I'm going to see who else starts calling for franklin's blood, and I'm going to get super squinty eyed in that direction.

Oh dear God I think I'm going to go read War and Peace, it's shorter than logout's posts. ;)

Unvote: Zokar

Bolding mine. So why did you change your opinion an voted for logoutzero?

@logoutzero
You quoted and commented about everybody except my post about why I think you could be the mafia rolecop. Care to do that?

I don't talk in the third person. I don't have the ability to talk with others at night, so I did not hear it, either. What's the point of the "took a bit" part? What are you trying to say with that?

Normally there is a response to an accusation of being scum in the first post following the accusation, but you did not do this. That is what I meant by "took a bit". The response was not immediate.

Based on what you received, if you could kill thefranklin right now and find out if he was town/mafia would you?

I'll open up that last question for anyone else who feels like answering as well. Even if you ignore the rest of my posts like you always do, I think everyone should grant me that answer.

Lots of variables here. If I was a one-shot day vig, no. If I had multiple shots, maybe, but only after I got a full claim about his role.

I explained it earlier in this post. I do not target anyone, I don't even have to activate it. I am automatically awarded a single random post from he Mafia QT each day. As I understand it, it should be within the first parts of the morning, but today had some sort of forgetful hiccup or something. If I last the night, we will see how it works tomorrow. I do agree that, if I'm not lynched today, I am a very high priority target tonight...

About the "last night" part, I'm going to assume that's not a slip? I think you mean last night as in, IRL, in the hours before the clock rolled past midnight, and the date changes, and not "last night" in-game, which means you and thefranklin were in-fact in contact during the night phase. I am inclined to believe you meant "last IRL night" but please specify.

Nope, I meant last game night. I was asking if he said anything like that last night. I was unsure of how your power worked, and if you were guaranteed to get a mafia QT post, or even if you got his name. I was curious if it was possible you got a post from a random QT. I had some posts that would probably look odd out of context. So I wanted to know for sure where he stood on your claim.

"thefranklin will assassinate anyone that contains letters P, N, S, or I in their forum name during tonight's phase."

I was trying to figure out how this would be said in any context by mafia, and I really can't find any. Not sure what to make of it. Even if it was posted to specifically confuse a listener.

We also know it did not happen either way - Coolguybad has none of those letters.

Also since over appeared to be less useful, lets try Door 1, then Door 2, and then Door 3.

Gwaihirs post reminds me about Pyro's question.

@ Pyro
No, I wouldn't shoot him. His death flip is something town should get and not a single person who might or might not be scum. So shooting him as a vig is detrimental to town in my opinion. He needs to die with a public flip.

I'm sorry, but even if you are telling the truth, I believe your usefulness to the town is over.

Unvote: Thefranklin

You've repeatedly dropped my name without any reason or case to do so. Is it because I pointed out the problems with your claim and put you on the spot? In any case, your posts are absolutely dripping in scumminess.

---------------------

To the rest of the town: Apologies for revealing that we have individual QTs. I don't believe the mafia have an individual QT and I've inadvertently given them something to use for camouflage.

As far as the listener issue goes, I am at this point doubting logoutzero pretty heavily, for many reasons. If there were a listener; however, it would not be useful to speculate on whether the mafia are obfuscating their thread in anticipation of a listener or not. The first time I was mafia we obfuscated the thread until the mod got irritated about it and told us there wasn't a listener. The second time we freely used one another's names without worry. If you go back through previous games and look at mafia QT threads, there's not really any "standard" approach. Each mafia team approaches things differently.

It's very possible that a listener could have gotten a post where one mafia was referring to what another member was going to do, by name. The actual post logoutzero has given us just seems so outlandish to take at face value as a serious post.

My gut has been telling me something is wrong with this basically since the moment the listener claim was made. I think one of two things has happened here:

1.) Logoutzero is actually town listener, despite the massive scumminess of his posts, and got that post but it's obviously not a serious post.

2.) Logoutzero is a mafia and this is either a play to get him "confirmed" town or a play to take out thefranklin ... which Logoutzero might even talk his way out of considering how bizzare a "post" he was given.

In any case, too much scumminess in Logoutzero's posts today. Taken with yesterday's reasons to vote for him, I feel like he's our best target at the moment.

Also ... Logoutzero. It makes me cringe to see you get off on the wrong foot. You are making a lot of the mistakes I made when I first joined this playgroup. You may find it helpful to go back to the Ender's Game game and read my posts for the first 3 or 4 games and you should find a whole lot of what not to do (sadly, lots of which you have done today).

I don't mean to be mean. As someone who tends to express myself similar to how you have been expressing yourself since joining, and as someone who found a lot of frustration in the game, I am hoping to spare you some of that. No personal attack is meant here and I hope you will take a bit of time and adapt more rapidly than I did to the way we play here.

This is scum talk, especially notes #A and #C. Trying to base scenarios off of what mafia will do is never a wise idea. Anticipate, but expect them to do what you did not anticipate.

I didn't. You stated that you thought Franklin was mafia. Here, let me show you.

Sounds to me like your story has some holes in it.

Unvote: LightningNick
Vote: Logoutzero

I figure this is probably the best option. I really dislike the claim in the first place; it seems contrived and opportunistic. If it's truth, then I'll eat crow, but even if that's the case we only lynch the listener, which has become a useless role after today's events.

Crap, bad wording on my part. I didn't mean it as "thefranklin is mafia, and anyone that defends him is mafia too" I meant "too" as a related aside. More like "And by the way, I feel that anyone that defends him is mafia."

But honestly, that was a bit sheepish of me, I don't particularly feel that this is true anymore.

Bolding mine. So why did you change your opinion an voted for logoutzero?

I think simply because she doesn't want to read any more posts from me. I don't think it's strategic in any way, due to the fact of what you pointed out, how first she claimed she would not vote for either of us, then voted for me without any provocation.

Moar;8576739(...)Personally said:
Or logoutzero is the investigating scum and got that post for his investigation and is trying to get town points for leading us to the SK now since he got a lot of fire yesterday.[\b] For me, he's not cleared at all even if thefranklin turns up anti-town.

I'll not vote yet since it's still early, but barring any turns and twist being revealed, my vote will go to thefranklin today.

@logoutzero
You quoted and commented about everybody except my post about why I think you could be the mafia rolecop. Care to do that?

Is the bolded part the post in question? I thought you were thinking aloud, not actually making this claim. I felt like you were trying to think through the different possible outcomes, not claiming this outright. Since now it appears that you did claim this outright (and because you asked me to) I will respond.

I've tried to make it apparent that I am not an active listener, and I get a random Mafia QT post as my free result. You can either choose to acknowledge this, or refute it. But, since it is the case, what kind of power would it be, if I got a random post from a thread that I am already a part of? Unless you suspect me to be some kind of non-mafia, anti-town investigator, then your question seems obsolete. Either I am town, and get a mafia post, or I am lying about getting a mafia post as my power, but have fabricated a post for a thread I had access to. That seems like a really long play to me, one that I still can't decide if is even remotely logical. If that was my investigation results, who do you think I investigated? Thefranklin? If that was the case, don't you think I would have voted for him already? Your question seems, pardon me, utterly stupid. But, maybe I don't appreciate some possible circumstance that would include me being mafia rolecop, and then coming out with a fake post from a discussion that I was actually a part of. If that's a play, you give me too much credit, I would have never thought to do that...

I still cannot follow your logic.

Let's say:
I am a scum rolecop. I investigated thefranklin (apparently) and the result of my investigation was "thefranklin will assassinate..." Is that a standard result from an investigation? From what I understand, a role investigation would return results of "Doctor" or "Strongarm" not an explanation of his role.

I'm sorry, I swear to anything holy that I am not trying to insult you or anything like that, I just don't understand your logic, or how anyone could possibly come to the conclusion that I am mafia rolecop based on the information I provided.

(...)Nope, I meant last game night. I was asking if he said anything like that last night. I was unsure of how your power worked, and if you were guaranteed to get a mafia QT post, or even if you got his name. I was curious if it was possible you got a post from a random QT. I had some posts that would probably look odd out of context. So I wanted to know for sure where he stood on your claim.

"thefranklin will assassinate anyone that contains letters P, N, S, or I in their forum name during tonight's phase."

I was trying to figure out how this would be said in any context by mafia, and I really can't find any. Not sure what to make of it. Even if it was posted to specifically confuse a listener.

We also know it did not happen either way - Coolguybad has none of those letters.(...)

I understand, I think. You were asking him if he had said anything along those lines in his private QT. Because he (or anyone for that matter) had said that exactly, then it means I got any random post, not a mafia thread-specific one. Right?

I can't figure out any reason why these exact words would be said in a mafia thread. So, I assert that my listening power is being affected by something. A blocker, a power, something.

Unvote: Thefranklin

You've repeatedly dropped my name without any reason or case to do so. Is it because I pointed out the problems with your claim and put you on the spot? In any case, your posts are absolutely dripping in scumminess.

---------------------

To the rest of the town: Apologies for revealing that we have individual QTs. I don't believe the mafia have an individual QT and I've inadvertently given them something to use for camouflage.

No apologies needed. Everyone reading the sign-up thread knows that everybody has their own QT with the mods. One of them mods posted just that there. Go, read it if you haven't. Or are you just faking that you haven't seen that post for townie points?

As far as the listener issue goes, I am at this point doubting logoutzero pretty heavily, for many reasons. If there were a listener; however, it would not be useful to speculate on whether the mafia are obfuscating their thread in anticipation of a listener or not. The first time I was mafia we obfuscated the thread until the mod got irritated about it and told us there wasn't a listener. The second time we freely used one another's names without worry. If you go back through previous games and look at mafia QT threads, there's not really any "standard" approach. Each mafia team approaches things differently.

It's very possible that a listener could have gotten a post where one mafia was referring to what another member was going to do, by name. The actual post logoutzero has given us just seems so outlandish to take at face value as a serious post.

My gut has been telling me something is wrong with this basically since the moment the listener claim was made. I think one of two things has happened here:

1.) Logoutzero is actually town listener, despite the massive scumminess of his posts, and got that post but it's obviously not a serious post.

2.) Logoutzero is a mafia and this is either a play to get him "confirmed" town or a play to take out thefranklin ... which Logoutzero might even talk his way out of considering how bizzare a "post" he was given.

In any case, too much scumminess in Logoutzero's posts today. Taken with yesterday's reasons to vote for him, I feel like he's our best target at the moment.

I am surprised at the sudden change of votes to logoutzero. Why do you think scum would post his listener result like he did as scum? What could he achieve with that? There has to be some truth in it or he'd just have suicided if thefranklin shows up town. He's gambling on getting town points, which he won't with me.

Now, can anyone explain the benefit of lynching logoutzero before thefranklin to me?

I don't recall the original sign-up post saying anything about individual QTs and the start of the game post tells us to ask questions via PM or the provided QT, which is standard for most games. I signed up pretty early on so I may have missed it. If it's common knowledge, then I retract my apology for revealing it.

As for logoutzero, he's just coming across as super scummy. The quote he gave us seems to give us no reliable info, and if he is a listener he's wrecked his role by revealing the way he did. My gut has been yelling me basically the whole day phase that something is off with logoutzero's claim.

I don't recall the original sign-up post saying anything about individual QTs and the start of the game post tells us to ask questions via PM or the provided QT, which is standard for most games. I signed up pretty early on so I may have missed it. If it's common knowledge, then I retract my apology for revealing it.

It's on the 2nd to last page I think.
As for logoutzero, he's just coming across as super scummy. The quote he gave us seems to give us no reliable info, and if he is a listener he's wrecked his role by revealing the way he did. My gut has been yelling me basically the whole day phase that something is off with logoutzero's claim.

I agree with you on that. But you haven't answered my question. Would you please do so?

I am a bit puzzled by the votes on logout as well. Just because a listener being revealed is now useless we want to lynch him BECAUSE of this? Some of the votes have been of this nature which is bizarre. If you believe logout to be the listener you'd be voting for franklin because he has a chance to be anti-town does he not?

I'm sorry, but even if you are telling the truth, I believe your usefulness to the town is over.

Pretty much this line of thinking. This doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Why are people voting someone because their usefulness is over when he has provided information that can A. lead us to lynching anti-town and B. tell us more about logout in the process and C. give us another townie who the mafia have to worry about if thefranklin is indeed anti-town?

Some more questions that I would like to have answered.

Why did thefranklin never claim anything?

Why did nobody ask thefranklin about his name and role yet? I do so now. @ thefranklin, what is your name and what is your role named?

Why did logoutzero didn't claim his name or role name? I ask what it is now. @ logoutzero, what is your role and what is your role named?

Why didn't anyone ask for it before?

I still want my previous question answered.

Can you explain to me how I have wrecked my role?

It's not that you wrecked the role, more that it's easily countered now that you've outed yourself.

The first thing I do as mafia when I even so much as suspect a listener, let alone know one exists, if set up a two or three part code so my messages are obfuscated. I'll refer to people by numbers, for example, or just post a bunch of misdirection.

I am a bit puzzled by the votes on logout as well. Just because a listener being revealed is now useless we want to lynch him BECAUSE of this? Some of the votes have been of this nature which is bizarre. If you believe logout to be the listener you'd be voting for franklin because he has a chance to be anti-town does he not?

I'm not voting for Logout because he's a listener, I'm voting for him because I suspect he's scum making a play against thefranklin. It's just that if I'm wrong and Logout is truthful then the damage is minimized.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High