Zombies invade Atlantis. Stargate zombie Mafia game.

Pharphis and I are friends in RL and I think his motivation for choosing me instead of somebody else was just to give me a hard time.

This. 1000x this. Phar did the exact same thing to me in my first couple of games and in one of them he was even scum!

I'm sorry but I just found this so hilarious when I read it, despite it being a suggestion aimed at me.

I think that this is premature to decide this based upon one person's opinion that the vote stick going to the zombies is a bad thing. At the very end of the game when it could alter which day MYLO/LYLO land on, but we might have a cop out there investigating people. It's possible we can have some confirmed townies near the end of the game who haven't had the stick, and it could get passed into known townie hands at the end of the game.

A townie can simply choose to hold on to and destroy the stick if we get to mid game and there's not any kind of way to keep it out of zombie hands for the endgame. Destroying it now destroys our chance to see how each person uses it, which could be interesting and potentially useful.

I thought the lore was interesting also, and if his name does mean he started town but got bitten, then what could we logically assume based upon that premise?

I laughed at the first one, but this one is all legit and such. You're the first person to finger me as scum with such certainty. Any particular reason?

I can agree on the vote stick, I don't think we need to get rid of it tonight. But I think it favors scum in end game and I don't like that.

Well, if we assume Pharphis was recruited last night I see 2 things likely possible:
1. The recruiter faction is a new player(s) that doesn't know him.
2. they picked him because they wanted to kill(ish) him.

I say that because he would be one of the last people I would pick to recruit if it was me, give his inability to stay alive.

Trying to figure out if I have empirical evidence or not?

Not caught up yet, only up to this post.

From all this, even though it may have some WIFOM in it, I actually think you are connected to Pharphis, and you saw Pharphis was going down before you were heading to sleep for the night so you made sure that you were on his lynch.

Vote: Jcakes

Also, I have no reason right now to believe that kestegs is scum, both him and pharphis voting for the same person with no support just doesn't make any sense in the slightest logically unless kestegs and pharphis are two completely unrelated scum.

This makes a lot of sense, I've been trying to figure out why Jcakes keeps trying to put pressure on me but if Jcakes and Pharphis were both zombies then of course he'd want to try to get people to keep following tangents and not figure out who the other zombies are.

Vote: Jcakes

I don't know how free I'm going to be tomorrow, as I'm with family for the weekend, so I'll do this now.

I wouldn't claim now normally, as it is still early but considering the information I hold, I think it's pertinent that I get it out sooner rather than later!

I am an alignment cop and I've had a few investigations thus far, how many I'm not wiling to reveal quite yet. Two of my investigations have come out to be Non-town results.

My first investigation was on Noodle, who was revealed to be Neutral. I chose Noodle for the obvious reason that he is normally a lurker. I also wanted to pressure him yesterday, but that seemed to work with me doing very little.

Another investigation was on Pyrotechnician, who was revealed to be Anti-Town. I chose Pyro for two reasons: The first being he is a good player from what I have seen, the second being that I had no clue what he could be, I had no read on him.

Do what you will with this information, but with the possibility of recruiting I think the best option would be to lynch Pyro!

?Vote: Pyrotechnician

It's very possible that Kestegs just had the misfortune of giving Pharphis an opening to make a play... but if Kestegs wasn't teamed with Pharphis, how do we explain the odd interaction they had where Pharphis pushed Kestegs to give a reason, and then Pharphis goes from a series of posts promising a reason that would convince us to vote AAA to then walking it back to "it was just a bluff to see how AAA and others would respond". The only reason I'm tentatively viewing Kestegs as tentatively zombie team is because of that interaction. It's possible I suppose that Pharphis was rubbing his zombie stink all over Kestegs knowing that someone would see a connection? I don't know that Kestegs can really say anything to convince us that he wasn't connected ... but going forward how he plays will probably help determine.

Do you believe that? Or are you just saying it to see if it catches wind?

Kind of amusing cos your theory is just as out there.

I didn't have a chance to post this before, but this is also part of the reason I think pharphis is connected to Antswers. Note his responses when pharphis voted for him.

QUOTE=AnnualAntAnswers;8566181]Everybody betray me, I fed up with this wurrrld.

As has already been stated, I quoted The Room when I said "I fed up with this wurrrld" (from the scene where the protagonist is mad at his friend), and then I voted against him and used the quote about death which is a quote from Stargate: Atlantis.

BPC gets it, we're buddies in RL and Pharphis was giving me a hard time and I was screwing around with some quotes and stuff while I watched D1 to see how things work, given that it is my first time ever playing mafia forum. Then I voted against him because he was bugging me and other people also thought he was being weird and maybe acting like a zombie.

Nope, not scum in any previous games. That's a very obvious conclusion to arrive at however, and I don't see why I would, as scum, say something so potentially incriminating. This is actually the action of someone who was vt last game and found it incredibly boring, so decided to apply themselves more regardless of role to try to make the next game interesting. Also, if you haven't noticed, I've already made a few mistakes in referencing other peoples actions and words. The point isn't to keep my facts straight, but to allow me to make informed decisions on my own, instead of having to rely on everyone elses logic as I have both of my previous games.

I can agree with this sentiment, it was my initial reaction that a person keeping close notes is more likely town.

My first investigation was on Noodle, who was revealed to be Neutral.

Blast it, that's true. I say "Blast it" because I usually don't like to lay everything out this early. Although my role PM said "yet." Which tells me there is definitely at least one recruiting function. As it stands now, I have no win condition, no abilities, and no alignment. Which explains why I've only acted defensively - I don't know which, if any, team I will end up on. No sense in weakening a team I might end up joining, or helping a team I may end up opposing.

Wow, it's early for a role claim that doesn't involve Leo!

Trying to figure out if I have empirical evidence or not?

Not in the least. Any claim to actual evidence you might put forth would simply be a fiction and even if I then died, you would be next. I was more interested in what from my posts made you so certain. Share or not, as you like.

I don't know how free I'm going to be tomorrow, as I'm with family for the weekend, so I'll do this now.

I wouldn't claim now normally, as it is still early but considering the information I hold, I think it's pertinent that I get it out sooner rather than later!

I am an alignment cop and I've had a few investigations thus far, how many I'm not wiling to reveal quite yet. Two of my investigations have come out to be Non-town results.

My first investigation was on Noodle, who was revealed to be Neutral. I chose Noodle for the obvious reason that he is normally a lurker. I also wanted to pressure him yesterday, but that seemed to work with me doing very little.

Another investigation was on Pyrotechnician, who was revealed to be Anti-Town. I chose Pyro for two reasons: The first being he is a good player from what I have seen, the second being that I had no clue what he could be, I had no read on him.

Do what you will with this information, but with the possibility of recruiting I think the best option would be to lynch Pyro!

I suppose two non-town results is a good thing to give us, but I'm trying to figure out why you felt like you needed to claim right now when you could potentially have brought us three tomorrow, or two and a confirmed townie. You hadn't given off even a hint of cop vibe all game prior to this post. I actually had someone else noted as "cop?" because of a couple things they said.

I'm also confused by the assertion that you have been allowed to investigate more than once per night. That seems broken as far as balance is concerned, and now that you've claimed, there seems to be little reason to withhold the mechanic that gave you extra investigations.

Assuming we have a doctor, and said doctor is not dead, and said doctor didn't target you last night (all fairly safe premises I think), then you should live tonight and be around tomorrow, so I understand why you aren't giving out any townies you found yet, but I don't see any reason to imply that you are some sort of super cop and then give a point for people to stick on.

I mean it's pretty easy to test you, but that bit in your claim about having had more than the expected 2 investigations seems unnecessary. It's like how when someone constructs a fiction they often add in extra details to make it seem real, but when someone's telling the truth they often leave out details. It seems completely unnecessary to tell us that. I would expect you as a cop to post a much shorter post given us the two non-town results. The long post with extra detail feels a bit off.

The biggest danger in testing you is that we kill a town power role (Pyro) in exchange for getting you tomorrow. If you're telling the truth you are essentially trading your life to take 2+ non-town out, so it seems like the best move is to believe you and vote for Pryo while wondering about the strange claim.

Vote: Pyrotechnician

Blast it, that's true. I say "Blast it" because I usually don't like to lay everything out this early. Although my role PM said "yet." Which tells me there is definitely at least one recruiting function. As it stands now, I have no win condition, no abilities, and no alignment. Which explains why I've only acted defensively - I don't know which, if any, team I will end up on. No sense in weakening a team I might end up joining, or helping a team I may end up opposing.

Accidentally hit post, not much more I was going to say anyway, but given that Noodle has confirmed that he is Neutral I see no reason not to believe BPC.

How will shooting me lead to discussion regarding the vote stick?

Um...I think this is insanely obvious. (gory style, ask all the questions!) What do you think?

Of course, this all assumes pharphis was mafia. I realize he is listed only as anti-town.

Hate this post with a passion

I think having two non-town reads is reason enough to claim, but I need to call out the noodle-phant in the room. If there is a recruit faction in this game, I think you tee'd up a recruit for them.

Confirms the above

Not in the least. Any claim to actual evidence you might put forth would simply be a fiction and even if I then died, you would be next. I was more interested in what from my posts made you so certain. Share or not, as you like.

I suppose two non-town results is a good thing to give us, but I'm trying to figure out why you felt like you needed to claim right now when you could potentially have brought us three tomorrow, or two and a confirmed townie. You hadn't given off even a hint of cop vibe all game prior to this post. I actually had someone else noted as "cop?" because of a couple things they said.

I'm also confused by the assertion that you have been allowed to investigate more than once per night. That seems broken as far as balance is concerned, and now that you've claimed, there seems to be little reason to withhold the mechanic that gave you extra investigations.

Assuming we have a doctor, and said doctor is not dead, and said doctor didn't target you last night (all fairly safe premises I think), then you should live tonight and be around tomorrow, so I understand why you aren't giving out any townies you found yet, but I don't see any reason to imply that you are some sort of super cop and then give a point for people to stick on.

I mean it's pretty easy to test you, but that bit in your claim about having had more than the expected 2 investigations seems unnecessary. It's like how when someone constructs a fiction they often add in extra details to make it seem real, but when someone's telling the truth they often leave out details. It seems completely unnecessary to tell us that. I would expect you as a cop to post a much shorter post given us the two non-town results. The long post with extra detail feels a bit off.

The biggest danger in testing you is that we kill a town power role (Pyro) in exchange for getting you tomorrow. If you're telling the truth you are essentially trading your life to take 2+ non-town out, so it seems like the best move is to believe you and vote for Pryo while wondering about the strange claim.

This post seems really off to me. Why would he not be able to use his ability more than once per night? How do you think that affects balance? If he had two non-town reveals and one townie reveal, wouldn't that hang the townie out to dry? Dislike this post on many many levels.

Vote: Pyrotechnician As much as I hate Drixx's post, I am in the camp of information and this is an easy choice that leads to more information than other lynches do.

Accidentally hit post, not much more I was going to say anyway, but given that Noodle has confirmed that he is Neutral I see no reason not to believe BPC.

Agreed. I'm both intrigued and a little frightened at what BPC said about having had more than the expected 2 investigations. Intrigued because it's something new, but frightened because what sort of power does the zombie side have that this kind of super-cop is meant to counter?

Agreed. I'm both intrigued and a little frightened at what BPC said about having had more than the expected 2 investigations. Intrigued because it's something new, but frightened because what sort of power does the zombie side have that this kind of super-cop is meant to counter?

I have to re-iterate. In what forum are you playing where a cop doesn't have a nightly ability?

This post seems really off to me. Why would he not be able to use his ability more than once per night? How do you think that affects balance? If he had two non-town reveals and one townie reveal, wouldn't that hang the townie out to dry? Dislike this post on many many levels.

When have we ever had cops who could investigate more than one target per night? Why doesn't that seem odd to you? As far as balance goes, I think now that it has been mostly confirmed by Noodle (and is likely going to be fully confirmed at the end of the day) we probably ought to be very concerned about why the game needs town power roles which are so powerful.

Also, your question about leaving a townie out to dry makes me think you just skimmed my post. I already said that I understood why BPC would wait to out a townie. So logically now what happens tonight is doctor saves BPC so zombies kill someone else and recruit noodle. Tomorrow we kill Noodle and BPC maybe has another anti-town result for us or maybe has a few townies to confirm. A block of confirmed townies is powerful (See: Every game with a mason group ever). I questioned BPC's assertion because it made no sense to reveal the ability to investigate more than expected. It's information the zombies just didn't need to know, imo.

I mean ... let's say that BPC gives this reveal, and it's true, but he leaves out the part about having extra investigations. Now let us suppose the zombies have a limited strongman. Do they use it to prevent one more investigation? Maybe or maybe not ... depends on what other powers and such they have and what they think. But now that BPC has outed himself as having extraordinary investigative powers, if the zombies have some strongman ability, it will almost surely be aimed at BPC tonight.

So you might not like me questioning something that feels off, but I'm okay with that. I am always in the skeptic's camp when it comes to claims, and this claim was out of the norm. If I had been in BPC's shoes, I think 2 non-town is a good number to reveal at, but I don't think I would have said a word about having the ability to do more investigations than usual.

I wanna hug you right now. This was much easier than expected.

I have to re-iterate. In what forum are you playing where a cop doesn't have a nightly ability?

Did you read BPC's post? We've had 2 nights, and BPC claims to have had more than 2 investigations. In what forum are you playing where any investigator role gets to investigate more than one target per night? I think it's information that didn't need to be revealed (doesn't help town at all to know that BPC had more than the usual 1 per night investigation but could help zombies tremendously) and until Noodle surprisingly confirmed, I was fairly skeptical of the claim because of it.

Also, before I go to bed I am Harry Maybourne, for any of you SG fans out there.

CoolGuyBad also has a suspicious pattern: absence during the period of the day when a serious lynch train exists and no posts from then till the end of the day.ff Yes, my own pattern is far from textbook townie.

I had already stated pretty early on in the day that I was not leaning towards lynching pharphis.

Three points that I have to make with this post:

1) Not too sure if I fully understand why you wouldn't come out with all the information you have at this time. I can think of two or three reasons right now but unless you want to reveal them yourself, I'm going to keep quiet on this.

2) Neutrals, this is interesting. How many neutrals are in the game? Are neutrals the only ones that can be targeted by recruiting factions? Actually, it would make a lot of sense if this was the case. This would give the zombie faction a reason to kill instead of blindly recruiting. How much should we trust Noodle? If there is only one kill tomorrow, there may be a high chance of a recruit attempt. WIFOM move could occur, though. I think we have to lean towards the safe side for now, but keep in mind things may change depending on the scenario tomorrow night.

Well, if we assume Pharphis was recruited last night I see 2 things likely possible:
1. The recruiter faction is a new player(s) that doesn't know him.
2. they picked him because they wanted to kill(ish) him.

Not to get off topic but I would very much like to know the answer to this question: Is pharphis usually a target that gets NK or lynched early? I assume that's what you're insinuating.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High