Mafia game thread

Trying to draw him out of hiding?...

Well I thought he was in hibernation based on Goryani's comment. But The Grey seems to think he's sleeping. I am curious if he spoke to a Ted last night.
Torpor is another word for a very heavy sleep.

Does anyone get the mason vibe from the Harry, Ted, Beth meeting? I'm not wanting to be a distraction just exploring options while I'm thinking aloud.

ok finally have a chance to make some half decent sense of this.

-Recruitment theory is looking stronger, so a harry/beth/ted will be our best lynch today

-Val is looking very scummy, or maybe it's just his tar that oozes scum. I think that he needs to show up and do some explaining.

- Goryani, changing your tar ONLY to cause confusin is rather cheap, why would you want to cause confusion amongst the town, oh right! because you are scum.

My Scum list

- Val
- Goryani

there are other people that i dont like the look of too but they would just draw attention away from these two mafiosos.

Does anyone get the mason vibe from the Harry, Ted, Beth meeting? I'm not wanting to be a distraction just exploring options while I'm thinking aloud.

I get the mafia vibe from that meeting.

In my opinion this is a recruitment thing. The problem I see with that is that any reruit will probably have a townie read before the recruiting. Let's take Jcakes. I believe him to be town, but what if he got recruited last night and is scum now? I don't feel like I can trust any read on anyone (not that my reads are particulary good anyway), so all of Harry, Ted and Beth are on my scumlist. I'd expect all Normans going on that list as well after the next night.

I would prefer lynching ThunderCat today to be perfectly frank, although I have absolutely no problem with putting the noose around Valhauros.

Reasons for ThunderCat:

1. I am extremely suspicious about his near certainty about the Mafia character composition in post # 399. Inside knowledge coming from a Mafioso? He dodged questioning concerning this entirely.

2. His posts were mostly composed of storyline theory with little, if any, scumhunting effort.

3. His play thus far has consisted of jumping on the most popular lynch candidate of the moment. Mafia can not effectively scumhunt because it is very difficult to make cases against players who they know are Town.

4. Regular joke voting, even if this has been covered already. Smells of misdirection.

Vote: ThunderCat

ok finally have a chance to make some half decent sense of this.

-Recruitment theory is looking stronger, so a harry/beth/ted will be our best lynch today

-Val is looking very scummy, or maybe it's just his tar that oozes scum. I think that he needs to show up and do some explaining.

- Goryani, changing your tar ONLY to cause confusin is rather cheap, why would you want to cause confusion amongst the town, oh right! because you are scum.

My Scum list

- Val
- Goryani

there are other people that i dont like the look of too but they would just draw attention away from these two mafiosos.

Why Goryani? I think he scumhunts the best of all of us. So why do you think he's scum?

I don't know Val at all. Never read him before this game and here he has only posted 5 messages. Is that his normal style?

I would prefer lynching ThunderCat today to be perfectly frank, although I have absolutely no problem with putting the noose around Valhauros.

Reasons for ThunderCat:

1. I am extremely suspicious about his near certainty about the Mafia character composition in post # 399. Inside knowledge coming from a Mafioso? He dodged questioning concerning this entirely.

2. His posts were mostly composed of storyline theory with little, if any, scumhunting effort.

3. His play thus far has consisted of jumping on the most popular lynch candidate of the moment. Mafia can not effectively scumhunt because it is very difficult to make cases against players who they know are Town.

4. Regular joke voting, even if this has been covered already. Smells of misdirection.

Vote: ThunderCat

He's a Norman (claimed ,not proven though) so I don't think he's scum (yet) according to my theory. I won't vote for him.

He's a Norman (claimed ,not proven though) so I don't think he's scum (yet) according to my theory. I won't vote for him.

Character claims do not prove anything in this game. The Norman PM was freely available when he claimed.

ThunderCat is the last Norman claimer.

Character claims do not prove anything in this game. The Norman PM was freely available when he claimed.

ThunderCat is the last Norman claimer.

I see your point but I am still reluctant to vote for him. I'd rather see a Harry/Ted/Beth lynched.

I like where Moar is going (other than the Hairy Bath Tub reference which is quite random). I prefer to connect the story to the names and the actions associated with them rather than simply lynching a name. That may sound contradictory, but being forthcoming with PMs and other such information will be key to unraveling the lies and deception inherent in these games.

I think Sathoris stated the story was a key component.

I see your point but I am still reluctant to vote for him. I'd rather see a Harry/Ted/Beth lynched.

Is it possible that he is a Harry/Ted/Beth and not Norman? Is it possible that some player/players may be lying about their character claims?

Who are your top Mafia suspects, Moar?

Is it possible that he is a Harry/Ted/Beth and not Norman? Is it possible that some player/players may be lying about their character claims?

Who are your top Mafia suspects, Moar?

Yes, it is entirely possibly. But I don't think it's a Norman who claimed false. My thought are that we are 21 players. So the distribution should be 5x4 and one extra. It makes sense to me that the extra one goes to a Norman since he is the leader of the group. So we should have 5 Harry, 5 Ted, 5 Beth, 6 Norman in my theory. What we have claimed is 5 Harry, 4 Ted, 6 Beth, 6 Norman. I can't get a reason to why there are only 4 Teds, so I think somebody is false claiming. Either a Norman or a Beth and I'd put my money on a Beth because of Norman being the leader. That's guessing the host and he said we shouldn't do that. So who knows, I might be completely wrong, but it is my theory.

As to who are my top scum suspects. I wrote about that before. If (and I think it is) it is a recruitment thing, then people I have a townie read on could be turned scum. And my reads are not to be trusted entirely anyway.

What we have claimed is 5 Harry, 4 Ted, 6 Beth, 6 Norman. I can't get a reason to why there are only 4 Teds, so I think somebody is false claiming.

So with one less Ted than you expect, you're still okay with lynching a Ted today? I would think that you'd lean towards lynching a Beth, since if your theory is correct, you have a better chance of hitting a scum in that group.

I have a solid townie read on CG, Jcakes and Goryani so far.
Solar Ice, flubb and Gwaihir look interested in scumhunting and get townie points for that.
Mal posts scummy every time, but I am not sure he is scum.
thefranklin, laarz, Val, MartinLong, PCM, Zokar are not posting enough for me getting a feeling.

So with one less Ted than you expect, you're still okay with lynching a Ted today? I would think that you'd lean towards lynching a Beth, since if your theory is correct, you have a better chance of hitting a scum in that group.

It's just my theory. I have no idea if it is true. I don't want a Norman lynched since he hasn't entered the sphere yet. Obviously I have some of the other characters I won't vote for (see above).

Watching someone doesn't tell you anything about that person. It tells you about people who visited said person. Watching a lurker is almost always a lose/lose situation, since it's highly unlikely scum will target a lurker over a more active player.

I think you may have thought you had a tracker role, which I could more easily see using on Valhauros.

Torpor is another word for a very heavy sleep.

Glad you pointed that out. I probably would have made the same mistake (thinking watcher = tracker).

Why Goryani? I think he scumhunts the best of all of us. So why do you think he's scum?

I don't know Val at all. Never read him before this game and here he has only posted 5 messages. Is that his normal style?

Val loves to lurk and then try and lynch people that post too much.

It's just my theory. I have no idea if it is true. I don't want a Norman lynched since he hasn't entered the sphere yet. Obviously I have some of the other characters I won't vote for (see above).

If we were going to Lynch a beth I would be interested in lynching Crepe Dude, I am not sure why I just have a slighty scum vibe from him. That said the person I am most in favour of lynching is Val the posteless wonder.

Vote: Val

Hopefully if we put a few more votes on him we might get some posts of substances.

Busy busy... ok, let me read up on what happened. No lies, feel sad and guilt about kestegs, and then the last post he makes puts a sad frown on my face :( Will post something relevant (I hope lol) after I read up.

I'm not sure what that story tells us about your watching of Val. Gory voted, so I assume he has an idea?
Maybe I'm oblivious but I didn't get much out of it this time around.

The story should say if anyone targeted Val's manifestation. Instead it says: Ted was watching Harry "until [Ted] got tired of seeing nothing and then [Ted] too left." Looks like no one other than flubb targeted Valhauros.

I think you may have thought you had a tracker role, which I could more easily see using on Valhauros.

I don't think this is it. The role was called a watcher role (flubb quoted the PM) and the description was clearly that of a watcher role.

If none of the mason's haven't spoken up about the meeting yet, it wasn't a masonic meeting.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High