Mafia game thread

You can confirm that can you? How?
Oh, I asked Sath and that's what he told me.

pharphis wasn't the only one to receive an ability last night. I also received an ability.

I'm not going to post the ability PM. I will say it was a single PM with multiple parts. One part was specific to Ted. One part was specific to the ability. I think all Ted's will see the Ted part and everyone receiving the same ability will see the ability part.

The ability was a one shot ability and could only be used last night. I used my ability.

Were you told if if using that ability worked or had an effect or anything like that?

As for my list:

Kestegs and Malevolent

I don't have a strong enough feeling for a third, there are a few that have piqued my interest, but those are currently the only two that I'm particularly worried about.

Let me answer that for you franklin, I have been enlightened:

Yes, I do realize that the mafia want to know the whole picture and push for early roleclaims and who is the doc and who did the busser switch and who did this and who did that. Obviously only mafia need that information.
Who was it again who pushed for an early mass roleclaim? That obviously didn't help town any but confuse the hell out of everybody. It obviously helped scum because they realized they could claim any character and be set.

Unvote: Solar Ice
Vote: Caluin Graye

If it wasn't Caluin that started the mass claim, I'm switching my vote to whomever it was.

Mass role claim was likely going to happen today if it hadn't happened yesterday anyways.

So you're willing to throw a vote on cg because he started the mass claim, then you admit that you don't really know if it was him who started it? Wow. That's just poor play.

I will admit I have only read the last 15 pages and the first 20 fully, so I am missing a large chunk, but right now what I am seeing is an irresistible vote for Male. Didn't read the PM? Seriously? There is no forgiving that. I will read on, but I am ready to vote now.

You read pages 1 through 20 and 37 through 52. Roughly. Is that about right? Can you point to the post that made you think Mal made the unforgivable sin of not reading his role PM?

Okay, I think that as a few have said that one of each character is mafia, with maybe some neutrals like potentially Mal. Whether our roles are given at random or the night following your entry (as is the case with me - and maybe the other Harry's).

I only noticed just now, after checking the thread, that I got a pm last night. Didn't mean to be unreliable, just being thrown off by no internet other than phone. Okay, here it is.

----

You always knew you would be the first to unlock the sphere’s secrets. You’re by far the smartest guy in the group. Norman is only here to analyse us smarter people. Beth thinks muscle is power; she won’t know how to handle real power. Ted is just a small child, too naïve. Nonetheless this power could make any of them rival me as long as we can’t control it. They have to be stopped; this power can never leave this place.

---

Will be back with the rest (stupid phone)

Ugh, phone messed up when trying to post. Here it is again.

---

Tonight and tonight only you can target one person and make sure that none of their manifestations will come out that night.

I feel safe posting this because given how this game is different enough already, I don't know if I always get this blocker or role or at random.

Can the other Harrys say whether they got the same or even a different ability? I think this is the town's best method of finding scum. Finding the liars.

I thought I said I didn't use it, because I didn't notice the pm until this day-phase.

So yeah, didn't use it, because I didn't know about it.

Yeah, guess I shouldn't post verbatim. :/ I predict more opportunities will arise, though.

I recieved the this pm on the first night, i'm not a pal so I have limited pm space, as i had deleted it I asked Sath if he could resend it so I could compare it to Pharphis, I found 2 things different in my pm compared to Pharphis, I wont say what they are yet.
I did use my power the first night,as I had no idea of who to use it on I assigned a number to each name and had my wife draw a slip of paper out of a hat, I used the power on TC.

Sorry everyone I'm spending my day at the rock allegiance concert so I probably won't be around the rest iof the day. Since somebody asked for it:

Scum:
1. Kestegs
2. Malevolent
3. Coju

Kestegs and his blatent disregard for "statements" towards him. Male for his general playstyle which still seems to represent the same scummy gameplay we saw when he was scum. And coju for his contining current debacle. I know his playstyle is scummy but it seems like moreso than usual.

Vote: kestegs

Can I ask why gory chose to reveal that you got a night pm?
Power roles stay silent because the silence prevents mafia from knowing which townie has the power role. If mafia don't know who the doc is, they are less likely to NK the doc. If mafia are less likely to NK the doc, the doc will, on average, have more chances to submit a doc save. If a doc has more chances to submit doc saves, the doc is more likely to prevent a NK. End result: silence allows the town to use more night actions over the course of the game.

That end result is not true in this game. My ability was a one and done. Someone else might get that ability later. I might get the same ability later. I might get a different ability later. I might not ever have an ability the rest of the game. It looks like mafia can't look for the doc because the doc changes hands every night.

In this situation, a doc claiming doesn't lower the amount of doc saves the town can make over the course of the game. I think only the RNG has that power. If the downside to claiming early is no longer a downside, then why not claim?

How is it helping the town?
Mafia win if the town stays silent about too many things.

And can you then describe why not disclosing what/who you targeted is helping the town?
The day isn't over. Rest assured, info that needs to be said will be said.

I am working a MDA Benefit Car Show today and I need to get going. I won't be back for days end so I will vote now,Mal gets my vote because I find it hard to think that he didn't read his pm, how could a person play the game if he doesn't do this?

Vote: Malevolent

I recieved the this pm on the first night, i'm not a pal so I have limited pm space, as i had deleted it I asked Sath if he could resend it so I could compare it to Pharphis, I found 2 things different in my pm compared to Pharphis, I wont say what they are yet.

When did you ask Sathoris to resend the pm? Do you think pharphis is on the level?

I did use my power the first night,as I had no idea of who to use it on I assigned a number to each name and had my wife draw a slip of paper out of a hat, I used the power on TC.

Do you think TC being roleblocked is why he was doc fishing with all the pills talk?

Updated vote count, 10 to lynch and 11 to lock. Day will end in 2 hours.

Kestegs - 4 (Pharphis, Zokar, Flubbucket, Pyrotechnician)
Flubbucket - 2 (Caluin Graye, thefranklin)
Coju - 2 (Solar Ice, Kestegs)
Caluin Graye - 1 (Coju)
Malevolent - 4 (Pancakeman, ThunderCat, Jcakes, Laarz)
ThunderCat - 1 (Goryani)

Gah. Less than 2 hours left.

Unvote: ThunderCat
Vote: kestegs

Last night I was given the watcher ability. I wanted to watch another Ted. If mafia had the idea that Ted's received powers that night, they might try to NK one. I didn't watch flubb because I wasn't sure if mafia would think his claim solid enough to make him a target. I didn't watch Malevolent because I thought mafia would try to lynch Mal rather than NK him. I didn't watch myself because catching the killer that way means I'd be dead and couldn't say anything.

So Moar was targeted. I don't think anyone else targeted her. I'm not certain because I didn't immediately get results. I asked Sathoris a hypothetical question about what I would see if I tried to watch myself. I was told to look in the D2 story for results.

As Ted got up he passed a mirror and stopped. He stood there for a while watching himself. Almost like he wanted someone to come over and talk to him, but no one came.

I feel comfortable confirming that Moar is a Ted, due to the story.

TC started the mass claim, Mal was next and then Pharphis rolled with it and posted the first unadultered pm. He was alos Harry, so it must have took a little more guts at the time.

Funny how those are most everyones top contendors on the scum list (and my top 3). TC had the idea down quick, and Pharphis came out with a role people would have been willing to lynch (at the time) almost rubbing it in the towns face that he was a Harry.

CG only made a list of who has claimed what, but his reason today has been pretty solid to me.

Gory: Thanks for ansering the questions. What I got out of your claim was that you were attempting to not let any heat develop on Pharphis for his handling and acknowledgement of getting a night pm.

And now Laarz got one the first night as Harry. I don't know if it means anything, though due what the interpretation of Sath's "randomly generated" statement.

Unvote: Flubbucket

Silly me thought the day ended yesterday. I was going nuts wondering why no one was doing anything...

CG only made a list of who has claimed what, but his reasoning today has been pretty solid to me.

That looks pretty bad for TC, but it's still just circumstantial. The part about him role fishing is the most convincing part I think. Then again, circumstantial is about the best we've got.

TC votes for mal, which makes me less comfortable with mal's lynch.

I'll be around, but a lynch at all isn't looking real good right now.

Gory: Thanks for ansering the questions. What I got out of your claim was that you were attempting to not let any heat develop on Pharphis for his handling and acknowledgement of getting a night pm.

The heat against pharphis seemed to be entirely focused on the contents of a PM instead of anything pharphis said or did. If pharphis chose to omit that section, I don't think his name would be mentioned half as much today.

Laarz, you only saw 2 differences? I'm willing to believe you based on the fact you found 2 (I changed 2 or 3). It's best that you don't post them, and perhaps we can catch the next liar based on that. I'll expand on this a bit more soon.
Did you have the same ability as me, too? Or just the flavour?

--

Some end-game thoughts:
With the town hiding the differences for their ability pms, the mafia might claim to not have gained any abilities, to avoid being caught. (Especially if everyone else in a group of characters gets a role - this would make it easy for us, though).
One question this raises is whether or not mafia get abilities like this, too, and whether or not they would get the flavour with it.

I think I had more to say but can't remember.
Also,

Do you think TC being roleblocked is why he was doc fishing with all the pills talk?

The only reason that I mentioned a doc save was that the story had a quote regarding medication that was not in the movie.

TC started the mass claim, Mal was next and then Pharphis rolled with it and posted the first unadultered pm. He was alos Harry, so it must have took a little more guts at the time.

My intention wasn't for everyone to mass claim, let alone post their role PMs. My intention was that we establish that we are all the 4 main characters from the book/movie. With this we can get a rough idea on the setup of the game so we wouldn't be totally in the dark.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High