Mafia game thread

Valhauros also happens to have a vote for me. It brings up an interesting mafia love triangle. The timing is rather coinkydink.

I know full well that he does have a vote on you. It did not make the merits of your analysis less valid from what I saw.

I think we should lynch a Harry since one of them is probably already "converted". Problem is that we only have 2 claims for Harry. Anda converted one would not claim that he is Harry. So we probably should lynch somebody that has not claimed or claimed something else. Or the converted Harry would claim Harry to look innocent. ARRRGHHH! I don't think I should play mafia games...

Wow, I'm thoroughly confused now.

vote: malevolent

This is interesting though!

Wasn't there someone else who already claimed to not be part of the 4? I thought I remembered that, but it's too hard to look on my phone.

What is going on? This got very odd very fast. I can supply our last missing name, and a Gory style PM - it is close, but something may or may not have been changed.

Sathoris said:
Elizabeth Halpern

You are Beth Halpern. You’re both gentle and caring while at the same time fierce, combative, and confrontational. As the biochemist and only female of the group you often see yourself intimidated by the male scientists, though some of these times only in your head. This leads to you being the most out of touch with your emotions.

Currently you have no abilities other than your gentleness.

I find our odd man out to be the most worrisome. When everyone else is in the movie and he is not - seems unlikely to be true.

Vote: Malevolent

No, that's 4 Normans.

I think we should either lynch an unclaimed or a Harry.

With the above, I can get behind this. And since Mal is on my scummy person list, I think he's the best candidate.

Unvote: kestegs

I can't help but feel that based on what's been said, and one of my previous posts, I am inclined to do the same...

Unvote: kestegs

Unless Mal can provide a good reason to not do so that is...

Wow, I'm thoroughly confused now.

vote: malevolent

This is interesting though!

Wasn't there someone else who already claimed to not be part of the 4? I thought I remembered that, but it's too hard to look on my phone.

Yes, that was Mal. One of the main reasons I changed my vote from you to him.

"Harry" Pharphis or "Characterless" Mal for me. After re-reading the story, Pharphis may be the better candidate, though Mal is good too.

Unvote: Caluin Graye
Vote: Pharphis

I think we should lynch a Harry since one of them is probably already "converted". Problem is that we only have 2 claims for Harry. Anda converted one would not claim that he is Harry. So we probably should lynch somebody that has not claimed or claimed something else. Or the converted Harry would claim Harry to look innocent. ARRRGHHH! I don't think I should play mafia games...

I must have missed it, who is the other Harry other than Pharphis?

Vote: Pyrotechnician

I won't vote for Malevolent today. For one, he's not giving the same vibes as he normally gives. His vibes, while still there, are different this game. For another, Mal's past scumminess hasn't been to spill significant mafia secrets (such as if mafia know there are multiple Harry's, Norman's Ted's and Beth's). He said those things BEFORE Harry got personal with the sphere and BEFORE recruitment talk.

I'd rather not vote for kestegs today. I'm certainly not ready to declare kestegs townie, but he's passed up several opportunities to prod someone for infoz - something he's had trouble refraining from in the past.

I very much doubt I'll vote for anyone who has claimed today.

I go with Mal as well. He could very well be the converted Harry who doesn't wanted to admitt being one of the 4. There are 3 more named characters in the wiki entry. If he was one of them, he could easily said so. IIRC he said "somebody not in the film". Additionally he was quite scummy. Might be his general style, but then he has been mafia in previous games that I have been in/read.

Nice avoiding. Or not, since I'm calling you on it. Did you consider CG to be scummy when you agreed with Laarz about someone distancing from someone else. Who did you think was doing the distancing? Who did you think was being distanced?

No avoiding, it just seemed oddly convienent that your post stating that if you could give a vote on anyone it would be CG and then the very next post is CG stating that there is nothing to find, and that you obviously must be scum (which apparently was a joke). So in this case CG was distancing himself from you.

No, that's 4 Normans.

I think we should either lynch an unclaimed or a Harry. There is good indication from the story that Harry may have turned evil. If we lynch any of the other 3 we may not even realize if we lynch a mafia if they aren't activated yet. Theoretically of course...

Hm, so we should lynch anyone that does not have your name, how convienent.

What is going on? This got very odd very fast. I can supply our last missing name, and a Gory style PM - it is close, but something may or may not have been changed.

I find our odd man out to be the most worrisome. When everyone else is in the movie and he is not - seems unlikely to be true.

I am also one of the main four, Elizabeth, you changed the word to intimidated from something else. Just incase there is another Beth I will not say what this word was originally so that possibly someone else can be confirmed.

No avoiding, it just seemed oddly convienent that your post stating that if you could give a vote on anyone it would be CG and then the very next post is CG stating that there is nothing to find, and that you obviously must be scum (which apparently was a joke). So in this case CG was distancing himself from you.

Hm, so we should lynch anyone that does not have your name, how convienent.

I am also one of the main four, Elizabeth, you changed the word to intimidated from something else. Just incase there is another Beth I will not say what this word was originally so that possibly someone else can be confirmed.

No, I said we should either lynch Harry or a neutral. That leaves (likely) 12 people I'm not wanting to lynch right now.

Same here. Just read the wiki entry and amazon reviews. Jerry is the subconscious (sp?) of Harry. He's the only one of the 4 main characters who gets his subconscious figured as an "alien" person though. Beth and Norman enter the sphere as well while Ted dies. That's how I understood the plot.

I dont think that is quite right, Moar, all three of them have the power from the sphere, because at the end they all wish to forget what they saw. I tthink Harrys fear was the Squid,Normans was Snakes and Beth's was a suicide wish.

So, I am also Beth. I was waiting for someone to fake claim it, but I guess in this game, the only faking may be "I did/didn't" receive any night PMs.

You're right on which word changed, I too will wait on who else claims Beth (4 of each char maybe?) and for the last claim, which would most likely be fake, we can get them to provide the correct word. Below is my light breadcrumb, in the character trait, posted before any claims of Beth.

This is very interesting. Everyone's roles seem to be the same in format so far.

Character Name
Personality Bio & Job field
"Currently no abilities, except for your *insert character trait - ie, gentleness, enthusiasm*"

Role PM:

Elizabeth Halpern

You are Beth Halpern. You’re both gentle and caring while at the same time fierce, combative, and confrontational. As the biologist and only female of the group you often see yourself **** by the male scientists, though some of these times only in your head. This leads to you being the most out of touch with your emotions.

Currently you have no abilities other than your gentleness.

No, I said we should either lynch Harry or a neutral. That leaves (likely) 12 people I'm not wanting to lynch right now.

But you didn't say neutral, you said uncliamed, and at that point the only claims were Harrys, Normans, and Mal's "other".

I would much prefer a Laarz or Pharphis lynch, but a no-lynch is not going to do us any good.

Unvote: Pharphis

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High