Mafia game thread

Why would I bother? His analysis was based on opinion, and it's pointless to argue against someone's opinion. People who defend themselves from every little poke and prod waste the town's time. Continuing scum hunting is the better alternative, as it keeps pressure on the scum and gives the town something to work off of should you get lynched.

Also, I did breadcrumb my Norman role. When I answered Coju's question about my age, I stated I was born in 1937. That's the year Dustin Hoffman was born, who played Norman in the movie.

so, you're claiming to be a 4th Norman... Ha! Well, I guess this deserves some thought then :D

I can provide one of the missing main 4.

Sathoris said:
Theodore Fielding

You are Theodore Fielding. You’re the enthusiastic and good-natured astrophysicist of the group. Your often annoyingly enthusiasm inhibits your relationship with the others. Your drive to find something that will make you famous tends to come off pretentious and opportunistic.

Currently you have no abilities other than your enthusiasm.

This is close to my role PM but differs from my role PM. There may be additions, subtractions, and/or substitutions. Any other Mr. Fielding should be able to verify what was changed (or if I'm WIFOM'ing everyone and posted my actual role PM).

Oh, I totally missed Zokar's pm post. I thought cg was talking about pharphis.

I am also Norman, with a verbatim pm.

Since we have a full claim, I'll go ahead and post this:

Main Chars:
pharphis - Harry
zokar - Norman
kestegs - ???

Other Chars:
malevolent - xxx

At this point, I see no other alternative but a lynch on me. Here's why.

I'm also Norman. My PM reads, word for word, exactly like Zokar's. So I know he's telling the truth. However, nobody but myself can confirm me (since he claimed first), so the only way to see if I'm telling the truth or not is to lynch me.

This is getting really interesting. So we have 2x Harry and 2x Norman so far. If we asume that one of them turns evil, shouldn't Harry already have turned since he entered the sphere last night?

Make that Three Normans. I am also Norman and my Role PM is exactly, to the word, like Zokars.

This is very, very, very, interesting to say the least. The question is: Who do we lynch and if there are at least three Normans, are any of them Mafia? I am inclined to lynching one of the unclaimed and specifically one that does not match up to the Main characters - Malevolent. An alternative is to "test lynch" a Norman or Harry.

Perhaps there was something to the thought of there being no Mafia at the start of the game? Is there only one Mafia since the Night began, with more being "added on"? Is it something else entirely? How do we explain the presence of at least three exactly the same characters? Keep in mind here that I have not seen the movie or read the book, though I believe it was ThunderCat that said that there are "reflections" of the same person.

This is an entirely new experience for me, and I have to say kudos to Sathoris already for a very unusual game!

so, you're claiming to be a 4th Norman... Ha! Well, I guess this deserves some thought then :D

No, he was already counted, so only 3.

I do believe that one of each of the characters is or will possibly be scum later on. I believe there are probably 4 of each person (so 16 total) this fits well with a 25% mafia ratio. That leaves 5 neutrals/whatevers.

I can provide one of the missing main 4.

This is close to my role PM but differs from my role PM. There may be additions, subtractions, and/or substitutions. Any other Mr. Fielding should be able to verify what was changed (or if I'm WIFOM'ing everyone and posted my actual role PM).

You changed one word. I should know since I'm another Ted.

I do believe that one of each of the characters is or will possibly be scum later on. I believe there are probably 4 of each person (so 16 total) this fits well with a 25% mafia ratio. That leaves 5 neutrals/whatevers.

With solar's claim that makes four now. I was mistaken earlier about the count and order.

This makes sense. We have 4 claimed Norman now.

Make that Three Normans. I am also Norman and my Role PM is exactly, to the word, like Zokars.

This is very, very, very, interesting to say the least. The question is: Who do we lynch and if there are at least three Normans, are any of them Mafia? I am inclined to lynching one of the unclaimed and specifically one that does not match up to the Main characters - Malevolent. An alternative is to "test lynch" a Norman or Harry.

Perhaps there was something to the thought of there being no Mafia at the start of the game? Is there only one Mafia since the Night began, with more being "added on"? Is it something else entirely? How do we explain the presence of at least three exactly the same characters? Keep in mind here that I have not seen the movie or read the book, though I believe it was ThunderCat that said that there are "reflections" of the same person.

This is an entirely new experience for me, and I have to say kudos to Sathoris already for a very unusual game!

No, that's 4 Normans.

I think we should either lynch an unclaimed or a Harry. There is good indication from the story that Harry may have turned evil. If we lynch any of the other 3 we may not even realize if we lynch a mafia if they aren't activated yet. Theoretically of course...

This is very interesting. Everyone's roles seem to be the same in format so far.

Character Name
Personality Bio & Job field
"Currently no abilities, except for your *insert character trait - ie, gentleness, enthusiasm*"

2nd thought. We should have a 5th bad guy which may or may not be grouped with the others. Jerry comes to my mind there.

While I did agree with it, what clinched my vote for Caluin Graye was the fact that Caluin Graye did not respond to your analysis at all. I realise Twilight may have ended before he could respond but there was nothing stopping him from addressing the analysis on Day 1. It seemed to me that he was trying to draw as less attention to it as possible, hoping that no momentum was built.

Valhauros explained himself over the "lynching spammers". My opinion of Caluin Graye has lowered since my vote on Valhauros.

Valhauros also happens to have a vote for me. It brings up an interesting mafia love triangle. The timing is rather coinkydink.

This is my PM, i'm Harry too, my pm appears to be identical to PH's.

Harry Adams

You are Harry Adams. You’re on this mission because you’re a young and intelligent mathematician. You are likely going to be the most important person on this expedition. However, you’re also very arrogant, unsympathetic, disdainful, and often uncooperative with the others. While very secure intellectually, you tend to be lacking emotionally due to isolation.

Currently you have no abilities other than your rationale.

Outguessing the mod time! YAY!

I need at least 16 players and anyone can join.

So let's assume the original game had three copies of each main character, for 12. Four spots left for non-named characters. Four mafia in a 16 man game is fairly even.

We have 21 players. Up the numbers appropriately, we have four copies of each main character, for 16. Five spots left open. Five mafia out of 21 is, again, a well balanced team.

kestegs said:
I think we should either lynch an unclaimed or a Harry.

With the above, I can get behind this. And since Mal is on my scummy person list, I think he's the best candidate.

Unvote: kestegs
Vote: Malevolent

2nd thought. We should have a 5th bad guy which may or may not be grouped with the others. Jerry comes to my mind there.

Isn't Jerry just the converted form of Harry? That's what I interpreted from the story, but I know nothing of the movie.

Unvote: Caluin Graye

Suspicion is not eliminated but I'm wiling to watch and wait for now.

So, it would seem that there is no reason to not do a full claim at this point as there are clearly duplicates and it doesn't seem to actually provide any useful information. IIRC Malevolent is the only one that does not fit this pattern, so...

Either Mal is lying in which case I would switch my vote from kestegs to mal.
Or, he's being truthful ... in which case he's either a useless cog or a pivotal element.

Hmmm....

Isn't Jerry just the converted form of Harry? That's what I interpreted from the story, but I know nothing of the movie.

Same here. Just read the wiki entry and amazon reviews. Jerry is the subconscious (sp?) of Harry. He's the only one of the 4 main characters who gets his subconscious figured as an "alien" person though. Beth and Norman enter the sphere as well while Ted dies. That's how I understood the plot.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High