Mafia Game: Cheers/Frasier Theme

This laptop is not very conducive to multiquoting posts, so I will do this the unorthodox way. If need be I can redo this with the proper quotes.

The reason I didn't bring up the possibility of omg being Mafia, as several people mentioned, is that I thought it was pretty implicit that a mafioso drawing this much attention to himself was stupid and suicidal. The goal of the mafia, as far as I can tell, is to avoid suspicion and try to let other people label them. omg drew everyone's attention and labeled himself. If he is mafia, he either has some role I am not familiar with that can protect him or he is trying to get killed.
My focus on neutrals, specifically SKs, is twofold:
1: Town has nothing whatsoever to gain from getting lynched. Mafia has already been discussed above. That leaves neutral.
2: While I buy Noodle's Postman explanation, there is the possibility that the other Postman abilities are accurate and only one of those kills was a NK. If that is the case, the most likely cause of death for the other person is a SK. Or a vigi. Or something. But I went with SK because it is easier to type two letters than "any kind of role possessing a one-shot or even multi-shot night kill ability".

So, to sum up all that rambling circular logic, I went with SK because I don't know of a reason scum would deliberately get themselves lynched. If a role or ability exists that would have mafia benefit from being lynched, by all means tell me. And, I should restate, I am still all for an omg lynch. I just saw it more likely that he was neutral than mafia. Besides, it isn't like anybody else is discussing what his role is, they are only agreeing to lynch him.

What I see as more important than omg at the moment is flub's very strange post 185. He not only types a very strange and (to me) obviously breadcrumbing, role-playing post, he uses a totally different font for it than his next post, which is only #187. Considering the language used I think he is channeling Martin Crane or Carla, though I will admit I am a bit fuzzy on the Cheers side of things. This brings up another question, and one I think we should discuss soon: Who are the bad guys in this story? Our two fallen comrades came from a different show each, so I doubt one show or the other is host to the villains.

Other than that, I'm going to get this out in case I don't get back in a while. I want to see more discussion before I do a Vote 1.

Vote 2: omgwtfbbqpwned

Vote tally updated in post 2. It may be right and yes I will get a competent host to check it later. :p

OMGs lynch could also help us early game to keep the 75%. And that's the sole reason I was initially opposed to taking him out so early.

ML, so you can see it easier I bolded bits.

In the first sentence you advocate lynching omg early game. That is contradicted in the next sentence, where you say you are opposed to lynching him early. This is what I was pointing out, and I think moar commented on it as well.

Basically the first sentence seems to go against everything else you said. Could be nothing, or it could be a slip. That is why I questioned you on it.

I'm tired. So i just say things without quotes. Nowhere have I changed my opinion. So Spin-Doctor rather applies to MartinLong and a few others. I still want to see into kestegs, but it won't happen tonight. Too tired. Sorry.

Vote 1: MartinLong

Martin, I appreciate you defending me and all, and you are right, I wasnt thinking at the time of my post, I tend to say exactly what is on my mind , hopefully in later games you guys will understand my playstyle.

BUT you do come across as horribly scummy so far this game, oddly so does moar IMO. You want to keep OMG, OMG could force us to lose this game, OMG must die, You must die.

Vote 1: MartinLong

I know you guys missed me. I love me some business meetings.

LOL - Thyiad, nice work making Cliff the postman - very fitting.

A postman role is seldom used, but pretty cool. A postman is basically a vanilla townie, but when he dies, he goes postal, and takes someone out with him. Unless Bad Ash was chosen randomly, I assume Sathoris chose to investigate Bad Ash, and had the bad luck to be closest when the kill happened.

I don't really have a problem with your explanation of the postman role because it makes sense, but I don't seem to understand how you would make the connection that the cop died because he investigated him. "Going postal" makes it seem like it could either be someone random would be taken with him, or the person that killed him would be taken with him, and in the second case we should expect to see something with a kill ability dead, not a dead cop.

Nope, just cognizant that the "Vote2" mechanism makes my usual strategy unacceptably risky.

Changing your meta also however makes it equally as risky.

My 2 cents:

Noodle: He is suspicious off the bat. Just because there is a Vote 2 mechanism doesn't mean he should be actively striving to avoid it; heck, a lot of players aren't. frozzzen has been super quiet; nulio has been irrelevant (even more so than me); Moar has contributed nonsense; thefranklin has also been inactive; plenty of others as well. I don't know if it's because "Noodle" has been stereotyped as the poster child of "inactive lurking", but like mentioned earlier, he was also quite the active poster when he was assigned a mafia role.

Noodle lurks, thats what he does. Now that he's not lurking its throwing everyone off. I'm not sure what game you are refering to in which he was Mafia and active, maybe someone could link that one for me.

This is what made me think he wanted an investigation.

Looking at it in context he was responding to Martin Long saying we might should investigate him though, so maybe I took it out of context.

Taking things out of context is a dangerous thing to do, people have been lynched for less.

Okay. List out every possible other role I could be.

- Town Anything: There would have been no reason for me to do this. My reveal adds no value, and does more harm than benefit.
- Mafia Anything: I wouldn't throw my allies under the bus by putting myself directly under the spotlight. They would be fuming with rage.
- Neutral: There's no reason to out myself as a SK. I'm certain I could also do a much better job as a VI, and get by with a lot less text and effort.

All these could be possibilities, or you took a huge risk and was hoping that it would work. Big risk = Big reward and if people had just let the fact that you are supposively neutral slide you could have easily made it to end game even if you aren't actually neutral. I don't have that much experience playing with you but just using last game as a basis you play pretty radically and this may just be just as radically but in a different way.

I appreciate what you are trying to do OMG, and if we didn't have a Vote 2 option I would be inclined to let you live, but as it stands I don't see any disadvantage to lynching you. I think despite your best intentions you will end up a distraction as we never know when you will turn on us.

Pretty much this, if we didn't have a Vote2, yeah you would probably live for now. But the chances of the town agreeing on two targets in the same day is almost an impossibility.

@ coju and Gory:
Why Kestegs all of a sudden? To me it looks like baseless lynch train starting, definitively not a good sign. Care to shed some light on this all Kestegs case? It might be that rest of us missed something?

Regarding OMG case, I see why he has to go, but isn't it a bit premature? I mean, he does give opinions on other people, he is trying to help and all. Even in worse case scenario of next two days being 2 + 2 town losses, it would still probably be far from lylo situation and until that time comes any (active) VT would be decent addition. I agree that he has to go soon, but I think it's too early today. No one is going to buy any of his role shifts considering how much honesty he poured into his claiming so I think it would be ok to keep him for day or two to contribute something at least.

Only real reason to get rid of him is so other people can stop using him as subject of discussion..

Thats the real problem is that he is going to continue to be part of the discussion no matter what we do really. Half of this post already is about him and thats not intentional, its where the discussion has been the first half of the day phase so its going to continue for the rest of it most likely.

Nothing is stopping you, or anyone else, from scum hunting with either lynch option.

Nothing is stopping him or us, but apparently it is. Autti's only posts so far this day has been focused on him solely I believe, wonder if there is a reason for that. Maybe trying to keep the discussion focused there?

When did the days when we just got our legs broken when we owed money to the mob ended?

Dead costumers is just bad for business! I guess I'll have to drink their beverages...

Another useful post! Thanks for your contribution nulio.

I like this. The whole blowing up nothing reminds me of his play last game, where he was indeed scum.

Glib blows up every game and I think he's scum in almost every game too, he just automatically gives me scum vibes, his playstyle doesn't seem to change whether he is or not.

I find it completely mind-boggling that some of you still have theories that I am an SK/VI/mafia goon. :confused:

It's exactly the same as the Vote 1 (aka the typical voting scheme), except you require an additional 25% of the population to vote. +1 to lock in either case. I also asked Thyiad. So today, it would take 18 to Vote 2 lynch any particular individual, and 19 to secure the Vote 2 lynch.

You keep avoiding the bulk of the conversation that isn't about me. I wonder why?

I'm as much an asset as I am a liability. That's all I will say.

He is. His posts have no real content behind them. He's simply coasting by with the facade of posting more. Quantity =/= Quality.

Also, does anyone know which character glib just roleplayed in #185? I'm trying to think of someone, but the entire cast of Fraiser and Cheers comes off like that to me. :p

I agree with this sentiment. His inconsistencies are just a byproduct of kestegs being kestegs, but with such little information to go on, he seems like a good V1 target for D1. Furthermore, it seems a few others have been quite keen to jump on his defence. It makes me wonder if what we're seeing is mafia resistance against lynching their own kind.

The best possible service I could have provided goes against my wincon. It sounds like you're trying too hard to sound pro-town if anything.

Noodle's description was generally the first one that came to my mind too. When someone says cop, the first option you throw out is standard cop, rather its other variants. I don't think Noodle should be held accountable for picking the standard description of a Postman, but rather, he should be suspected for his rather certain link of Sathoris' and BA's deaths.

This is either the first or second post where the focus hasn't been almost all on your wincon specifically, congratulations!

<sigh> This is why I tend to lurk. People who analyze situations and try to help the town by making sense of them are targetted.

See way above, it wouldn't be a problem if your normal playstyle was to "not lurk".

The South Park ratio wasn't 16:4. It was something like 13:4:1:2 (townie, mafia, SK, neutral).

If my math is right, there can be 4 mafia and town can still vote 2 lynch omg with neither any mafia votes nor an omg self vote. 24 players alive requires 19 votes for a vote 2 lynch. 19 townie votes plus omg plus 4 mafia reach 24 players left in the game. The ratio would be 22:4:1 (omg isn't town but isn't mafia) or 22:5 (omg is mafia).

So heres a question, whats the possibility of there only being 4 mafia in a game this size? Not very likely is my thought.

ML, so you can see it easier I bolded bits.

In the first sentence you advocate lynching omg early game. That is contradicted in the next sentence, where you say you are opposed to lynching him early. This is what I was pointing out, and I think moar commented on it as well.

Basically the first sentence seems to go against everything else you said. Could be nothing, or it could be a slip. That is why I questioned you on it.
Oh sorry, I see that now, thanks for the bold haha. I read that over a few times, didn't catch it.

Well, besides the miswording, my thoughts are still the same.

@Moar, that's not what I meant by spin doctor. It's when person A uses what person B said to mean something completely different. And I already attributed your confusion to what you said earlier that "english is not my first language"

@Mal, & everyone who is reading way to much into the OMG lynch. I stated my opinions, albeit somewhat poorly w/ mistakes, but the last post I made was quite clear:
Option 1: Don't lynch OMG and use his vote towards finding more scum
Option 2: Lynch OMG so people will move on and find scum.

Funny how you are all attacking me on this OMG stuff instead of looking for scum. You keep saying I look scummy b/c of my views towards OMG, but wouldn't the Mafia want OMG dead so they can control the greater %? I'm surprised no one is after the lurkers that are giving no insight to this game, as to stay hidden and off the radar. If I were mafia, I would try stay hidden and not attract attention like I apparently have done.

@Noodle, from previous pages, you are right: Trying to analyze a situation only makes you look scummy apparently *rollseyes* Look what happened to Phar last mafia game on D1.

The interaction today between Moar and Martin has been quite an interesting one, they seem to be completely picking about eachothers posts, almost like they are trying to distance themselves completely from eachother or they are both fairly convinced of the others scumminess. Although originally from the end of Day 1 Moar's post appeared pretty strange since he was looking at things from the viewpoint of a mafia which made me suspicious of him originally. I'm going to wait a bit more before deciding where my vote1 is going to go but it seems OMG is still the best bet for a Vote2, although some are arguing to keep him around a couple days the window for a vote2 to be successful is not a very long one.

Vote 2: omgwtfbbppwned

@Moar, that's not what I meant by spin doctor. It's when person A uses what person B said to mean something completely different. And I already attributed your confusion to what you said earlier that "english is not my first language"

Wavering. I did never do what you said I did do and that has nothing to do with language. I didn't know what you meant, so I had to ask though. Back and forth again from you. First accusing me and then saying you understand?

@Mal, & everyone who is reading way to much into the OMG lynch. I stated my opinions, albeit somewhat poorly w/ mistakes, but the last post I made was quite clear:
Option 1: Don't lynch OMG and use his vote towards finding more scum
Option 2: Lynch OMG so people will move on and find scum.

Funny how you are all attacking me on this OMG stuff instead of looking for scum. You keep saying I look scummy b/c of my views towards OMG, but wouldn't the Mafia want OMG dead so they can control the greater %? I'm surprised no one is after the lurkers that are giving no insight to this game, as to stay hidden and off the radar. If I were mafia, I would try stay hidden and not attract attention like I apparently have done.

No Mafia won't want OMG lynched. Some others have posted on that topic and I do buy their explanation.

@Noodle, from previous pages, you are right: Trying to analyze a situation only makes you look scummy apparently *rollseyes* Look what happened to Phar last mafia game on D1.

I have read about that game and I can't see any relation to phar there and noodle here. Would you please elaborate

Wavering. I did never do what you said I did do and that has nothing to do with language. I didn't know what you meant, so I had to ask though. Back and forth again from you. First accusing me and then saying you understand?
It goes back and forth when you direct at me. I wouldn't ignore and leave unanswered questions :) The accusation was from you misreading what kegs wrote, if it's not a language thing, then fine, you purposely misunderstood his post to switch meaning. I'm fine with that as you are still on my radar.

No Mafia won't want OMG lynched. Some others have posted on that topic and I do buy their explanation.
Yes, I have read those too, but given OMG's stand, to Mafia he will be looked at as town - until at least, he flips.

[/quote]
I have read about that game and I can't see any relation to phar there and noodle here. Would you please elaborate[/QUOTE]
Phar was analyzing as much as he could to try the get a read on peoples play styles and initial thoughts out in the open. The majority of Town did not like this openness and analytical skills - they thought it was scummy. He was thus lynched and we were one person short.

Nope, just cognizant that the "Vote2" mechanism makes my usual strategy unacceptably risky.

Pyro reminded me of this line. Noodle, what do you think the most likely use for the vote 2 would be?

Glib blows up every game and I think he's scum in almost every game too, he just automatically gives me scum vibes, his playstyle doesn't seem to change whether he is or not.

Agreed, I he always seems to make on my scum list, as town or as mafia.

I think we have. 5 mafia at the least, more likely 6. Me thinks 6. And that is with considering that non-town roles are involved.
So the ratio is quite bad originally and there is not much we can do about that.
Only rotting out scum I guess. None is up for a serious voting yet, so we just guess and feel?
MartinLong, kestegs and Noodle in that order are my favourites. Sure there is a SK.

At the risk of agreeing with Moar, I tend to agree with Moar in what she has posted just now.
No rag flags that I have been able to glean so far, just people playing their usual way - with the glaring exception of Noodle.
That OMG business may have a sting in the tail but I have come around to the idea of Vote2'ing him.

Vote1 though ... a re-read tomorrow (IRL) and some voting for (game) day's end, hopefully.

I'll have to look back into what kegs has posted as he seems to be on a number of peoples scum lists. What are people's reads on these lurkers today? Nulio is high on my suspect list at the moment as I haven't seen him post much at all, and when he does, it's nothing of substance

As follows, with 26 pages, his contribution:

Who ordered a beer?

Come on! Who ordered a beer?

Oh right! This one is for me!

I'm not sure if I liked that smart reasoning!

Back when I was in the team, the smarty pants always let us down in the games.

Vote 1: Solar Ice

I always said to my players "If the ref calls a strike, you don't argue. You just call him names!"

I'm not sure what to think about what omg posted...

I guess I just should have one more beer!

Can't we just 1- close the bar with everyone in there 2- install night vision cameras, motions detectors, dogs and put Lister in a corner 3- go to sleep 4- wake up 5- mourn the one that got killed (kestegs) 6- identify mafia guys in tape from camera (not me) 7- win!

When did the days when we just got our legs broken when we owed money to the mob ended?

Dead costumers is just bad for business! I guess I'll have to drink their beverages...

Raises an eyebrow to me.

Actually Martin your wrong about Pharphis lynch in the SP game. He was lynched excuse his post restriction didn't match at all the role he was claiming. I started the lynch on Pharphis because of that decrepancy.

Not sure if you are mistaken, or deliberatelly misleadIng

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High