pure light mf

Re: pure light mf

I actually like those boots above, they fix the fire res, they have faster run/walk than wartravellers, they got FHR as well, life and replenish life +10. They are way better, the only thing wt does better is 45% mf, but then again if you can live with out that, these crafted boots are superior in every way.

What I would have done: go with War Travs.

You can easily fill in the 20% or so fire res with 2 SCs. 30-40% MF, on the other hand, would take significantly more.

It's better to run without mf at this point imo; uniques are next to worthless apart from CoA etc, while good runeword bases fetch better and better prices. No mf needed to find runes either, and more speed always helps there.

Just to summarize:

Gear: eshutas w/lightning facet, griffons w/lightning facet, maras, sojs, coh, (which armor type is best for sorc, archon plate?), spirit 35%, arach. On switch: 25% spirit (low) and cta. It is correct to use a low 25% fcr spirit on-switch with cta, right?

Merc: infinity, efort, eth andys w/ral to fix fire res issues.

Inventory: cube,tome,torch,gheeds,anni.

What remains unclear: What gloves and boots to use? the 20% fcr on magefist doesnt help, boots i have wts, but fire res are still not maxed (other res are though). I could also do some modifications in my inventory and add 1x identify tome and 2x 10% fire res sc. That will max all resistances.

Gear: eshutas w/lightning facet, griffons w/lightning facet, maras, sojs, coh, (which armor type is best for sorc, archon plate?), spirit 35%, arach. On switch: 25% spirit (low) and cta. It is correct to use a low 25% fcr spirit on-switch with cta, right?

Merc: infinity, efort, eth andys w/ral to fix fire res issues.
Yup, all sounds good. If you can get one a fire resist + ias jewel is even better, as CV/CA have a breakpoint right at 35% ias.

And yes, archon is a good choice for your CoH, since you'll be using spirit monarch you'll have more than enough strength, so no reason to go with dusk.

FCR on your switch spirit doesn't matter. You'll be over 63 and under 105 with your CTA switch regardless of the FCR roll on spirit.

I could also do some modifications in my inventory and add 1x identify tome and 2x 10% fire res sc. That will max all resistances.
That would be my suggestion, so that you could use both chancies and wt. However rare/caster boots or gloves can have decent mods - in particular fire resist, MF, strength.

I need to give this some thought before i Finally decide. How about frostburn + Silkweave for 50% maxmimum mana?

Just make sure that I got it right, the spirit on switch with cta just have to be some crappy one right? Because i took my lowest spirit on-switch with cta, and my p-spirit with eshutas as main.

Frosties can be nice. I wouldn't use silkweave, it is only 10% mana and there's nothing else good on them.

Honestly though, lightning doesn't cost much mana. With 2x SoJ and battle orders (and 1 natural point in warmth) you are unlikely to ever have mana issues on a vita lightning sorc.

I drink mana pots all the time on my nova sorc, but nova burns mana almost 3 times as fast as lightning.

Oh yeah, that's right. I almoust forgot that BO gives plenty of mana. Yeah, in that case silkweave is not really needed. Would you go with frosties over magefist? Because the 20% FCR doesnt serve any purpose, where as 40% maximum mana adds a good deal of mana to the pool.

Absolutely, no reason to wear magefist. Chance guards would give you some MF though, I'd try with them and only switch to frosties if you found you needed more mana for some reason.

So in total, the same setup mentioned, but with chancies and wt, anni, gheeds, torch, cube, tomes and 2xsmall fr charms.

If you can get one a fire resist + ias jewel is even better, as CV/CA have a breakpoint right at 35% ias.

I've had a hard time finding the specific IAS breakpoints for ACT 2 mercs. Do you know what they are for one using an ethereal thresher? I'm asking because that's what I have my Infinity built in and I recently socketed my andy with a 15ias / 30fr jewel.

Regarding the boots, a pair of crafted 30% FRW, 10% FHR, +mana, increase maximum mana, regenerate mana and fire resist +30% would definitely be better than a couple of tri-res rare boots.

Regarding the boots, a pair of crafted 30% FRW, 10% FHR, +mana, increase maximum mana, regenerate mana and fire resist +30% would definitely be better than a couple of tri-res rare boots.

I agree. And I'd imagine they'd cost a pretty penny too.

I'm starting to think that maybe this build is more of a PvP build than MF build.

There is almoust no MF (lower than 100%) though the damage output is good. Maybe this is a bit of an overkill, perhaps eshutas and griffons are better used in PvP than PvM.

No, you absolutely want griffons. Eschuta you can swap for something else if you want, but griffons is essential for any PvM lightning sorc. Griffons isn't even that great for PvP, rare circlets are of more use there. Getting -lighting resist is absolutely key to playing a pure-lightning sorc in PvM. When infinity breaks immunities it does so at a 1/5 penalty, meaning that their lightning resist is in the high 90s once broken. In order to do any kind of acceptable damage to broken immunes you need -LR from gear to take that down to a more reasonable number.

Also keep in mind that you don't need tons of MF for zone clearing. You're not teleporting to meph over and over to get uniques. You're clearing all monsters (so kill speed is very important) to get all kinds of things, including socketables, runes, etc (which MF does not help with).

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High