The Vanilla (Ice) mafia thread

Re: The Vanilla (Ice) mafia thread

barkeep was too powerful. I'm amazed that the scum had post restrictions that made them talk like certain ethnic groups. Just saying.

Great game, thanks for modding TC.

@feysal you should have listened to me about Noodle. I pretty much pushed him every day. I feel vindicated that Gorny was scum after his Gambler's Fallacy slip that I caught.

What surprised me was Sathoris and FalconGK being killed the other way around. I guess Noodle thought that killing one of the prime suspects to be rid of Loz was more important than keeping his potential substitute alive. Or he didn't trust the idea that FalconGK would substitute for him, whatever.

By the way, like last game, it was Gorny who said something in the "next game" thread that cost his team the victory. Can you guess what it was?

Now for something fun. On the third night, speaking to Marahumm, I hunted down some pictures he could use to refer to me, but obviously there was never a chance to use them. Here they are:

Feisal I, son of the Sharif of Mecca, King of Syria and Iraq. It's an Arabic first name, and this is perhaps the most famous person by that name who ever lived.
faisal_1_iraq.jpg

This one is funnier, but still quite clear. You would've understood it meant me, right?
9394faisal.jpg

This one is my favorite. But, if Marahumm had lived and used it, there might have been some tiny chance of misunderstanding.
feisal.jpg

And last, one picture I didn't show Marahumm yet. The origin of my avatar: The Fool, one of the High Arcana of the Tarot deck, from the upcoming game "The Fool and His Money".
22-H.png

I don't think I was doing that bad though, first game and everything.

So, Mara, you've had the next game lined up and waiting for more than two weeks now, right?

kimiko being lynched Day 2 was so lucky. I really had my share of good and bad luck this game (and nothing in between). I feel bad for kimiko, but I half-suspected her (e.g. her early reference to Gorny looking suspicious) of being the Cop early on Day 2 and so hoped to nudge the lynch onto her. The town seemed mad keen to do it anyway.

I don't have much nice to say, so I'll just say that for all practical purposes we didn't have a cop this game.

The post restriction was too taxing on me. Had I gone into great depths in my messages no one would've translated them. Or so I thought, I think Feysal showed remarkable passion for the town throughout the game and would've propably done it no matter how lengthy my posts would've been.

I would've translated them, but not out of passion for the town. I simply love puzzles, and translating your messages was actually enjoyable. Look up that "The Fool and His Money" game I mentioned, and you'll see what I mean.

@feysal you should have listened to me about Noodle. I pretty much pushed him every day. I feel vindicated that Gorny was scum after his Gambler's Fallacy slip that I caught.

I did listen to you. Marahumm said the same, Bad Ash's attack on Noodle didn't mean he was innocent, but it made it more likely. I just kept looking for the targets who I had no information on, thinking the mafia had to be hiding among them.

argh my unable to follow closely at work! I would've vouched for kimiko but I had no time to even check that she was about to get lynched until it was too late. Oh and in case people didn't know, the epic kim-jong-il picture was supposed to represent bad ash. I had a ton of fun with my post restriction, up until the point where I couldn't really be seen looking for pictures, that and I couldn't make detailed pictures until I got home.

I had the ability to see a random night action each night.
First night I saw Bad Ash attempt to shoot Noodle, but missed.
Second night I saw Kimiko investigating Gorny.

Both wound up kind of moot points (save for the fact that I coulda/shoulda vouched for kimiko), but I wanted to make clear day 1 that while Noodle wasn't siding with Bad Ash, that didn't mean he wasn't scum.

All you people feigning post restrictions in the future: make sure you're consistent. The only reason I went after flub was because of his inconsistencies which cost us a mis-lynch day 1. OH and if you're pro-town, there really isn't a need to fake a restriction.

I was slightly disappointed that cartman did not have any special abilities to begin with.

I decided to play regular townie.

The 2 mafias were an interesting twist.

IF YOU WOULD NOT HAVE LYNCHED ME AND WOULD HAVE LYNCHED LOZ, WE WOULD HAVE WON. LOLZ

I played horribly this round and almost got banned :rofl: Anyways, gl on the next round.

Also, couple of roles (namely "twin" roles) were too unbelievable, for instance, i would have never believed falcon to be making a real claim.

About barkeep being OP, feysal is a very good player and he made the role OP, for a lazy player it would not have been OP

I liked the random factors in the game.

I was bit disappointed about kimiko, not roleclaiming or feeding information early.

The town certainly had its share of bad luck. The reason I decided on flubbucket was because I couldn't decide between Leo and Noodle, and thought that flubbucket's way of posting was disruptive, making people mad. Marahumm's absence to save kimiko, then Leo's absence to save Marahumm, my blindness to Uraj being about to be locked... we could have survived four consecutive mislynches if it weren't for those.

As for post restrictions, lying and such... Ankeli's lie about having doctor powers was actually a good move. He would've won if it had worked, and his death would have also helped the town. I continued to believe he was town to the end because of it. I'll remember that in future games.

IF YOU WOULD NOT HAVE LYNCHED ME AND WOULD HAVE LYNCHED LOZ, WE WOULD HAVE WON. LOLZ

Would we? You would've still been suspected of being a serial killer. If Loz had been lynched, I'd have pursued the serial killer theory, and that would've meant you, Noodle and Leo were all possible suspects. It would've given us a better chance, that much is true. I made a serious logical error there, neglecting the possibility that both Loz and Noodle could be mafia. I thought I could humor Loz, and allow him to live another day, believing you both to be guilty.

Also, couple of roles (namely "twin" roles) were too unbelievable, for instance, i would have never believed falcon to be making a real claim.

I couldn't believe it either, that's the reason I suspected him. Sad thing is, during the night he explained to me what his role really was, including the details he'd left out, and after hearing them I did believe him. With the details his role made more sense than it did without them. Too late.

About barkeep being OP, feysal is a very good player and he made the role OP, for a lazy player it would not have been OP

Thanks, I guess. It certainly helped that the mafia kept guessing wrong when the other mafia would off me. Instead Sathoris was killed. Another case of bad luck, since if he was able to see NK roles if they were in the bar with him, he would have been able to identify Loz that night.

Last edited:

Better luck on the next round.

I think we would have, considering that Loz was the final member of the mafia.
(Oh my, Noodle was alive at that point, RIGHT?)

Did you notice guys, i didn't lie again!

Last edited:

Sathoris was the one having the passive ability to reveal NKs. But when Gorny and wicked died, and you guys figuring out the "restriction" Noodle and Loz had, it would have been very easy to spot them as mafia. Thus I decided not to reveal NK roles anymore. Hope you all understand my action.

During the game. I had to take that action or the game would have ended in two days as it would have become apparent that Noodle and Loz were also mafia. The only person to blame for this was myself of course for their "restrictions".

I would also like to add that those "restrictions" were there for Cartman (nurman) to notice them and help you guys lynch them, but seems nurman forgot about that part :)

It might not have happened... it worked like a double bluff. I couldn't have believed that the mafia dons would have such a dead giveaway. At some point, I think I defended them from that, thinking the racism built into nurman's role, and maybe others, was just something to throw us off.

nurman also told me about it on the first night. Just another thing I neglected until it was too late. Oh well, there is always next game, once Marahumm reveals what it is. He seems to be toying with us, teasing our curiosity.

Given the choices, TC, a mid-game tweak was only logical.
Changing the role or having the game finish as soon as it got going, which would you choose? It cannot be easy balancing a game with so many inter-locking roles.

I didn't commit so much time as i would have wanted for this game.
I never did link Loz's spanish with bad ash being mexican drug dealer.

...At some point, I think I defended them from that, thinking the racism built into nurman's role...

Yup, i would never risk a ban for flaming unless it was to support my role.

Also, TC, i just though your hints on "finding out" were just to cover the fact that i was pretty much a filler xD

I was suprised how quickly you guys forgot that i had spoken to Feysal the fool (lol) about south park roles on the first night, which he pointed out.

I simply did not want to take the risk and see the game end simply because of a posting requirement for the mafia.

How I made it, to live to see day 2 ... I will never know. ;)

900 posts. It doesn't look like you're going to get your 100 pages of posts though. Of course, I haven't seen Leo's comments yet, but 10 more pages would be a stretch even for her. For anyone, really.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High