1.13 Public Test Realm online!

Re: 1.13 Public Test Realm online!

I pick up every rune that drops, but I might have to stop cubing the low ones - I might need them! :whistling:

Anyone know if the increased fire enchanted monster dmg bug introduced in 1.13a has been fixed yet?

[edit:] According to someone at blizz forums, it's now lower than 1.12 dmg across all difficulties

Last edited:

OK, so the rune drop increase is official... well screw LK then! :D

Interesting, at this pace when the final 1.13 version is released every first drop from an act boss will include a HR :scratchchin:

I know this is highly unscientific, but after installing the new batch I have done 8 /p1 Hell Meph runs, I like to warm up doing Meph runs, and then took my fishyzon from NM Pindle through to NM Nilly on /p8, and I've found 10 runes ranging from Tal to Dol. If this is anywhere never typical of the new drop rate we'll have runes coming out of our ars.... ears.

Edit: A further 7 runes taking my fishyzon through to clearing NM AW. 17 runes, ranging from Nef to Io, ain't bad for an evenings adventuring.

Last edited:

Whatever happens to the final patch release, the increased rune drop will be here to stay for SP. Everyone will just leave a couple of time travellers - a cow runner and a blizzsorc for example - in this beta patch.

Maybe my aspirations of a 2h sword grail including runewords aren't so silly after all.

ATMA e-bugged Last Wish Colossus Blade here I come :badteeth:

Has anyone tried running the new patch with a modified d2gfx.dll yet? I'm getting an "UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: ACCESS_VIOLATION (c0000005)" when I use the .dll from the 1.13a beta.

These increases in Rune drops are ridiculous. Guess Trav/LK has been beaten by regular area running. Guess it's time for me to come out of lurking mode, stop playing Torchlight, and start playing D2 again :D.

These increases in Rune drops are ridiculous. Guess Trav/LK has been beaten by regular area running. Guess it's time for me to come out of lurking mode, stop playing Torchlight, and start playing D2 again :D.

LK definitely has. Travincal running IS "regular area running" though, and will continue to be (probably) the most efficient high rune target for most.

The rune change (again) in 1.13b has me wondering if I should stop popping the chest behind Meph to get quicker (it's just 2-3 secs though). That chest is the same as the LK special chests right?

Any ideas here?

When you update in 1.13b does is says so? (I think I upgraded but it still says 1.13 - no 1.13b or anything)

I dub this patch

1.13b The Drop Mod
My feelings exactly.

After playing so long with the incredibly low chances for HR's, and after actually getting some of those mythical rocks of legend, I feel kinda bad that now they're nothing to awe at... :( Sure it's nice to now actually have a realistic chance to make those high-end runewords, but I guess it may not feel that special anymore.

For the record, I still have 1.12 and haven't even tried 1.13, but these are my thoughts at this point.

My feelings exactly.

After playing so long with the incredibly low chances for HR's, and after actually getting some of those mythical rocks of legend, I feel kinda bad that now they're nothing to awe at... :( Sure it's nice to now actually have a realistic chance to make those high-end runewords, but I guess it may not feel that special anymore.

For the record, I still have 1.12 and haven't even tried 1.13, but these are my thoughts at this point.

That's the same for me LD50, It seems just like a big patch of cheese. Obviously it is a good thing for those who haven't been playing long as most of those big runewords can 'realistically' be obtained now albeit still with a bit of playing.

This is coming from someone who has played pretty solidly for about 4 years in single player and is still yet to find a rune above Vex without abusing such things as LK.

I am still unsure about the patch and it's various changes, but I decided I need a change so I have backed up all my characters/stashes and moved them to a seperate folder, if I'm going to play 1.13 then I'm going to start again.

As yet Teresa (my new 1.13 lvl 17 Fishyzon) is sitting at the inner cloiser, untwinked play is a lot harder than I remember :grin:, but at least playing from the start again means that I can enjoy finding all those items again (at least that hasn't been changed ;))

Just my $0.02

Joosh :thumbup:

@LongingforDeath: A new modified DLL needs to be made for every patch.

I'm certainly not going to complain about this. The Lightning Sorc I just made is stronger now, plus I have a chance at finding some Bers or a Jah. I can see if some people who have invested copious amounts of time LK running could be a little upset by this, but as far as I'm concerned, this is good news for SP players.

maxicek: Perhaps we won't leave anyone in the beta patch. Maybe they'll increase HR drops even more for the final patch :D. In all honesty though, I think they want the PTR to get "flooded" with HRs to test game balancing. Who knows though.

@LongingforDeath: A new modified DLL needs to be made for every patch.

That's what I thought. Was hoping some of the experts here could tell me which offset in the file to change to make it work :).

As yet Teresa (my new 1.13 lvl 17 Fishyzon) is sitting at the inner cloiser, untwinked play is a lot harder than I remember :grin:, but at least playing from the start again means that I can enjoy finding all those items again (at least that hasn't been changed ;))

Indeed, after my reset (and having run Meph 300-some runs) I was very happy when I found Shaftstop, Reapers Toll, Wartravelers and a few of those other middling items that are very good.

Sometimes I regret it though when I think of those good items I used to have.

This is almost perfect for me. Originally i planned to complete the grail, make some cookie cutter toons, and make some very high end rune words before i quite this game. Now i don't have to do any rune hunting and concentrate on magic finding while still finding some HRs. Awesome! Looks like i might be done till summer....

Hmm... those drop chances are going to change things dramatically in SP.

I still wish they'd enabled the ladder RWs in 1.13.

Meh, I think I'll still hold off for the final version to be released. I haven't played for a while now (my 1.13 restart has a sorc farming NM meph at this stage).

Hopefully they'll finalise the patch soon.

DA:O is taking up my limited gaming time at the moment anyway.

I'm still playing 1.11 I think. But hey, in ten years of playing this game I've gotten one Vex and a couple of Guls at Hellforge drops. So ten times zero rune drops equals no difference to me.

However, for those of us who often play untwinked and single pass, it might make for some interesting tournament runewords. I might not have to rely on Malice and Strength as much.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High