In A Mirror Darkly - Star Trek Mafia Forum Game Thread ifr

Re: In A Mirror Darkly - Star Trek Mafia Forum Game Thread

I suppose the only thing we can do is see how far krazey takes this course-correcting...I am curious though what the difference is between his setting and changing courses, but we'll need more info that we currently don't have.

I want to hear more from the inactives. The more conversations we have the better. Gorny, are you planning to mod-kill inactives on Day 0?

Obviously the computer has malfunctioned and has taken control of the Enterprise.

Recommend immediate core reconstruction, captain.

I suppose the only thing we can do is see how far krazey takes this course-correcting...I am curious though what the difference is between his setting and changing courses, but we'll need more info that we currently don't have.

I want to hear more from the inactives. The more conversations we have the better. Gorny, are you planning to mod-kill inactives on Day 0?

Not on day 0, no.

I'm aware that soem people can only post once or twice and at odd times of the day and I'm aware that some are out till late tomorrow or Wednesday.

Don't worry. All is going according to plan.

*Whirrrrrrr boodlie bop beep*

Nothing else to say? No more binary for us?

good point. maybe there is an engineer or mechanic who has to find him and fix him? *shrug*

That is a great point. An engineer type role is not out of the question considering that there have been many main character engineer over the course of the franchise such as Scotty, LaForge, and others. I'm guessing there are one or more engineers who must fix our machines. So at least you guys have a clear view on who needs fixing tonight, just don't speak out your role in case we need your services again.

I cant help but think of this Andromeda episode where the captain hires engineers to fix his ship and they turn out to be saboteurs. We could have one of them in here also.

That is a great point. An engineer type role is not out of the question considering that there have been many main character engineer over the course of the franchise such as Scotty, LaForge, and others. I'm guessing there are one or more engineers who must fix our machines. So at least you guys have a clear view on who needs fixing tonight, just don't speak out your role in case we need your services again.

yeah, don't pull a Leo, y'all! XD Asrrin, do you think there could be a possibility that someone else can catch what Ivan does and the engineer is like their doc, not ours? like, ok. Ivan's.... a compass or something right now, right? the mechanic fixes him, but it goes to someone else. what im asking is do you think there is a "doc" mechanic? and this question is to anyone, not just Asrrin. :)

I cant help but think of this Andromeda episode where the captain hires engineers to fix his ship and they turn out to be saboteurs. We could have one of them in here also.

hmmm... :scratchchin: good point as well.

good point. maybe there is an engineer or mechanic who has to find him and fix him? *shrug*

There would always be at least one engineer on board every ship.

Excellent point because the engineer is a critical member of the team

Obviously the computer has malfunctioned and has taken control of the Enterprise.

Recommend immediate core reconstruction, captain.

Uh...too late?

yeah, don't pull a Leo, y'all! XD Asrrin, do you think there could be a possibility that someone else can catch what Ivan does and the engineer is like their doc, not ours? like, ok. Ivan's.... a compass or something right now, right? the mechanic fixes him, but it goes to someone else. what im asking is do you think there is a "doc" mechanic? and this question is to anyone, not just Asrrin. :)

If I remember correctly, back when I was helping Asrinn host his game he had a role idea called the nurse. All she could do is target people and heal them of radiation. Pretty much a mini-doc except only valid to the radiation-heavy townie (in his game, Bad Ash). Your idea isn't too far from this role, so it's very possible this might be true.

I never did get to use that role because I didn't have enough people to warrant having a doc, nurse, and two radiated townies. this game is very large, so who knows?

By default the nk'ed roles aren't revealed, but it's up to the host of course. We'll find out tomorrow if we get roles or not.

I think that is a fair assumption that someone needs to fix ivan, but it is still an assumption. we know nothing essentially.

btw, Ive never seen R2D2 speak binary did he in the star trek movie he made an appearance in?

In the article I read r2 was only in one frame in the newest movie. I'm finding myself questioning if Gorny allowed a star wars character into the game to mess with us.

In the article I read r2 was only in one frame in the newest movie. I'm finding myself questioning if Gorny allowed a star wars character into the game to mess with us.

that sounds like something he would do. his personal "GREATEST PRANK EVV-EERR!!!"

lol, you haven't met Mara and i in person yet. ;) we can get pretty prankful sometimes.

btw, Ive never seen R2D2 speak binary did he in the star trek movie he made an appearance in?

Who said R2D2 was ever in Star Trek? Star Wars was ... long ago in a galaxy far, far away and Star Trek is way in the future...

I guess it's quite obvious R2D2 isn't American made if it's going to last for hundreds and hundreds of years!!!

Ivan seems to be a malfunctioning navigator. Could Noodle possibly be the ship's main computer? Do you think the ship's computer would make sounds like that if the "voice chip" were damaged? Maybe some parts of this ship aren't compatible with others, since it's made from parts spanning many time periods.

Also, we've been told from the story so far that these ship parts are also from different realities (hence the "dark mirror" in the title). Would it be possible that Ivan and Noodle are actually the same "machine," but unable to communicate correctly because of the differing realites?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High