In A Mirror Darkly - Star Trek Mafia Forum Game Thread ifr

Gorny1

Banned
Sep 9, 2003
In A Mirror Darkly - Star Trek Mafia Forum Game Thread

Stardate 61213.2 Several ships have been dispatched to The Devron System to investigate an Anti Time Eruption. The Devron System is located deep within the heart of the Romulan Neutral Zone. En route, several of the ships encountered a large scale energy phenomenon similar to the Energy Ribbon that destroyed Veridian III.

Contact with the energy phenomenon destroyed several shops and forced the survivors onto one ship, The USS Enterprise-E.

As the various crews of the ships search the surrounding corridors of what seems to be the Enterprise-E, they find that this is far from the truth. It seems that the ship is actually composed of various parts of other ships from other time periods and realities.

Anti-time...

Mirror universe...

Alternate reality....

Or a Holodeck simulation with the safties turned off?

The Rules

1) You do not talk about your role or any other relevant information concerning the game outside this thread.

2) If you post at night I will kill you, no matter what.

3) If you edit your post I will kill you (This includes editing for spelling mistakes)

4) If your role allows you to communicate with others during the night, feel free to do so via PM, instant messaging or any other form you choose. Only those roles expressly allowed to communicate privately with each other at night are allowed to. If you have any questions, contact me privately.

5) Once you're dead, stay that way. Dead people tell no tales, or in this case, dead people make no posts. Suck up your death and keep watching and rooting for your team. There's always the next round.

6) Every player gets one lynch vote during the day. Votes and unvotes need to be bolded . If your unvote isn't bold, it doesn't count. The votes and unvotes must be as follows:

Vote: Gorny
Unvote: Gorny

WRONG!!!
Vote: Gorn
Vote: Wiki
Vote Lozingeunhed
Unvote
WRONG!!!

Anything else won't be tallied towards the lynch. If you try to cheat with ; or whatever else, feel free to, just hope the others won't catch you doing so. Also, names must be case sensitive.

7) The required number of votes to seal a lynch for the day is equal to one half the remaining number of people alive (rounded up) plus 1. Once someone reaches this number of votes, they will be lynched no matter what; however, the day will still continue to its scheduled conclusion. Half rounded up equals a lynch, but no lock, so the lynchee has until the days end to persuade the town otherwise.

8) Never post anything in the thread that shouldn't be known to the town. Don't flame in the thread. If you have a problem with anything in the thread, please PM me and I'll do my best to handle it.

9) Any player may claim any role. I.E. Any player may claim to be something that they are not. However,

10) Do not post any information sent to you in a pm. If you want to claim a role, don't copy paste the PM I sent you. If you're a townsfolk aka regular forum member, the only person you should be pm'ing (no private aim or msn conversations between each other) is me. Mafia can pm between themselves (or talk on msn or aim) only during the night.

11) I won't be telling you the starting roles.

12) Day lasts 48 hours and night lasts 24 hours.

13) Do not post at night or edit or I will kill you.

14) You will get mod killed if you are inactive ( at least 1 contributive post a day).

15) Read the rules once more. Have Fun!

This game starts as of now, it is the day phase and there is no lynch vote today. Today is Day 0.

List of Players:

1.Spudnik
2.Marahumm
3.Dii Legend
4.Leopold Stotch
5.Noammr
6.Asrrin
7.I_Told_You
8.Thyiad
9.Thundercat
10.Zarniwoop
11.Zhao_Yue
12.Outside the whale
13.Noodle
14.flubbucket
15.Laarz
16.LozHinge the Unhinged
17. Bad Ash
18. Ankeli
19. Hey
19. Krazeyivan

Re: In A Mirror Darkly - Star Trek Mafia Forum Game Thread

Gorny said:
1.Spudnik
2.Marahumm
3.Dii Legend
4.Leopold Stotch
5.Noammr
6.Asrrin
7.I_Told_You
8.Thyiad
9.Thundercat
10.Zarniwoop
11.Zhao_Yue
12.Outside the whale
13.Noodle
14.flubbucket
15.Laarz
16.LozHinge the Unhinged
17. Bad Ash
18. Ankeli
19. Hey
19. Krazeyivan

hmm... TWO number 19s? oh, my! looks like Ivan and Hey are gonna have to duke out who is better! lol!

and im just breaking Gorny's balls for his error. that is in NO WAY game-related.

I typoed should be 19 and 20

Herro. Nothing to say right now, really.

~Hey

Oy, another day 0. I don't know how much discussion will be had today, but I suggest whatever suspicions are to be had you keep to yourself until tomorrow. Whatever slip-ups people make today won't count for anything if they have the time to think up a story to save themselves tomorrow.

With that in mind, since there's really nothing else to talk about, I suggest we take a look at the number of players and how many factions there might be. My knowledge of the star trek universe is limited, but here's some theories.

There's definately a mafia group, perhaps romulan or klingon race? Those are the most warring races from what I remember.

There is a high probability that there is a borg cult faction. For those that are unfamiliar, the borg are a cybernetic faction that basically kidnaps and brain-washes people (assimilates) them into joining their team. A scary thought is that the borg can adapt to weapons being fired at them, so we might be up against a cult that might be harder to kill than most.

There could also be a serial killer. In one of the movies there was a character called Khan that...killed people (I don't know the motives, but it didn't seem like he was aligned with any specific fleet).

That's all I got so far. Expect there to be at least two groups of anti-town given the sheer number of players, with a possibility of three.

So is mod killing Leo.

Last edited:

Gorny, you spelled safety wrong in the story, just noticed that :p.

~Hey

ok, seriously, guys, Day Zero, no lynch....

what do we do? have a few drinks and discuss the game or have a few drinks and dance merrily around a simulated fire? when actually put in this situation, i have NO IDEA what is going on... *scratches head*

Gorny made a lot of spelling mistakes. those poor shops lost to that energy ribbon, never to sell another good or service again :(

JK gorny, it is fun busting on you though :p

I'll be the first one to say that star trek is not one of my favorite franchises, I'm a star wars fan myself. but much like an atheist knows the Bible well in case of arguments, I too know enough about the ST universe to hold my own. So hopefully my insights can help, but I'd like to know who else has a commanding knowledge of this particular mythos.

I'd almost hazard to guess in a game this large, we might conceivably see multiple factions, each against the other. Romulan, Klingon, Federation, Cardasian, Borg, hell, even ferangai. No telling what's in store for us considering that Gorny's story basically allows characters and factions from all over the star trek universe.

Hmm - Day zero seems to be the day to discuss mistakes in the opening post!
I had a few, but I think it's starting to get over done - damn have you seen some of my posts!!

WooHoo Leo's back :spam: and early role claims! - only joking - glad to have you back!

So any ideas to how many mafia we may have, or third parties could be lots or maybe 19 town vs Zhao - see if he's as good as he thinks he is!:whistling::wink:

Given how many players we have this game, we probably do have several anti-town factions. For this game, would the Borg be considered the mafia faction or would it be a seperate one?

Like I said before, I think borg would be more of a cult faction than anything else. They don't kill so much as they assimilate, brainwashing victims, giving them cybernetic enhancements and making them work for the borg.

Like I said before, I think borg would be more of a cult faction than anything else. They don't kill so much as they assimilate, brainwashing victims, giving them cybernetic enhancements and making them work for the borg.

They have no qualms about killing though. I don't know if there is a "main" mafia faction, but remember last game, we had the werewolves who were capable of killing AND recruiting.

I suppose it depends what era he's choosen to set the game early on it was the klingons (my starboard bow will never be the same again!), then romuluns, the borg, or cardassean. Could be any really - since he hasn't named them I guess we just call them mafia, cult etc...

4 mafia this game with 20 players sounds about right?

Third parties I guess we'll have to see how many NK's happen.

@ Gorny is the time of your first post gonna be the time day ends?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High