In A Mirror Darkly - Star Trek Mafia Forum Game Thread ifr

Re: In A Mirror Darkly - Star Trek Mafia Forum Game Thread

I was really nervous at the start because I was totally ignorant of how the game worked. Gorny sent me a PM said "you're a cadet. You do cadet things (link) and you are pro-town." I had never watched a game, didn't know how it was played, didn't know any of the rules, and was considering just asking him to take me out. After the first day, I KNEW I wanted out.

My reaction could be summarized as "What the hell are these people talking about!?" I posted something completely banal and Ankeli, bless his cold, black heart, tore me a new posterior. Fish out of water is the phrase here. Then Leo posted that wiki and it was like your eyes suddenly adjusting and seeing the hidden picture within the dots. Thanks Leo, I was pretty much done without that link. I can honestly say I had not a clue how this game was played until day 2.

From that moment on I was kicking myself for not trying this before.

Anyways... then the earth cooled and so forth....

You all know about up to today, but just for your enjoyment about what was coming next. We had a 50 percent chance to assimilate Noodle yesterday at day end from the previous night (it took an entire day for asrrin to make the attempt). I think we had a chance if we got Noodle whether asrrin died or not because there was at least one person that was going to die before me.

Would have been interesting.

GREAT game Gorny. Good enough that I wrote up two of my own for a well-into-the-future time after some more veterans go.

Hope to see a new sign-up sheet before too long.

Best moment: Ivan being fixed and taking out 3 innocent bystanders. Outrageous.

Last edited:

Zarni I thought you did a great job especially collating the facts and rehashing ideas when it seemed other players were going on history alone.

I was completely immersed in the shapeshifter role(not pro-town/ not anti-town). I have experience with this game in a live setting but not online. It can get quite LOUD in a group but it is a blast! I was hoping for something similar, but I'm afraid this is above and beyond. I told Gorny in my first night phase PM I was going to need a 12 step program after this was over to get off of online mafia.

When Noodle asked if I was deliberately trying to mislead.... I so wanted to write "heck yes I am" and sound like Napleon Dynamite. However that would have been a mistake as well as impossible...:dopey:

I kept trying to think what would be the most chaotic role to shapeshift into next that would of course keep ME alive.

I do loves me some Star Trek to......oh yesss

I guess I have to work today???

Spud, you set yourself to win with VI last game you played. I thought you were just faking until I read the old werewolf thread.

You were a herbalist and you talked all the time about herbs and got killed.

I was like, hmm... he has a history of this.

Yeah, he's the doc, let's pop him. DOH! Well, played.

hehe zarni in the last game i was a pro-town who could stop wolves from NKs or protect people / myself from them. I was going ooh flowers as I though that fit in with my char role, plus I was hoping wolves would try to NK me when I had protected myself thus them not having a NK but due to other reasons I asked for a modkill.

This game was more I was a VI I wanted mafia to kill me thus xD

I had a couple of other roles/ideas that did not get used.

Someone was Geordi LaForge in this game, he was pro town and because of his visor, could see whoever tried to NK him at night before they got to him. Might have been Whale's role.

I had planned to use Q ahead of time and have him tinker with the game randomly bringing dead people back to life, or causing some sort of trouble like he does on TV. I could not balance it out so I skipped it. I also had a special role for Leo thought up. She was a barbir girl from a barbie world suddenly transported into the 24th century, with her beloved duck missing. She (wrongly) believes that one of you took it and then she goes all Sarah Connor and starts NK'ing people that she thinks are holding her duck ransom. Her win condition was to kill everyone and find the duck at the end and leave.

I also had Picard in it at first, if he got assimilated he would become Locutus. But I gave Asrrin the Locutus role instead.

I was going to have someone be Commander Riker, the role would require them to act like Riker, even down to the "What the Hell!?" type lines. I had also considered that the Starfleet Officer role be Ensign Mulcahey from Voyager. If assimilated he would have turned ito a pro town 29th century Borg with advanced abilities...just like in the Voyager episode.

I also thought to give the town two docs just to compensate for The Borg being there, this would leave a doc role if the ECH was activated, which it was when DII got modkilled. Another idea I had was having Old Janeway and present day Janeway, I was going to use the plot from the final Voyager episode in the game, Neurolytic Pathogen and all :devil:

Thanks Leo, I was pretty much done without that link. I can honestly say I had not a clue how this game was played until day 2.

Best moment: Ivan being fixed and taking out 3 innocent bystanders. Outrageous.

^_^ :girly: not a prob! dude, you newbies were pretty good! a lot better than i did when i first played, lol! not a prob, i don't mind helping ppl, and figured i oculd pass down some good knowledge. yeah, i probably should bookmark that page as i go to it a lot (or have been recently since TC's game). i think Gorny or some Mafia vet player gave it to me to check out and i dunno if i ever thanked them... to whoever who helped me, thank you tons! ^_^ *huggles to you!* <--lol!!! gd you, Chau and Coog!

and Ivan killing me was not funny!.... ok, it was later on, but i was pist! lol, i think it was vengeance for me getting him lynched a few games back when he was pro-town but had the death miller role (my epic cop claim that is so famous now! and it was on Day Two! lol, so when ppl ask me if i want to RC so early or whatever, that's the game it stems from. haha, picturing Ivan's face at his comp screen, spitting out beverage (i think he said he spit it out when he saw me blaming him and trying to get him lynched...idk) is so freakin' funny! i roll! but i had it coming. :)

I had planned to use Q ahead of time and have him tinker with the game randomly bringing dead people back to life, or causing some sort of trouble like he does on TV. I could not balance it out so I skipped it. I also had a special role for Leo thought up. She was a barbir girl from a barbie world suddenly transported into the 24th century, with her beloved duck missing. She (wrongly) believes that one of you took it and then she goes all Sarah Connor and starts NK'ing people that she thinks are holding her duck ransom. Her win condition was to kill everyone and find the duck at the end and leave.

bro, why didn't you?! lol, that would've gone perfect with my "intergallactic space hussy" role!! XD but i was so happy when Gorny told me i had found my duck alive! ^_^ yay!

<----------look! he's all punked out! and is in the shape of a cake!! hehehehe!!! no, i didn't bake him as a cake. he was just a model for Techno's bday cake i gave him (check OTF "The Thing About Technomancer..." for ref. today's his bday and i gave him cake)! ^_^

edit: so, who's got next game? did anyone else want to host bcuz im fine with putting my game off for a bit if you wanted to host. :)

Last edited:

When Noodle asked if I was deliberately trying to mislead.... I so wanted to write "heck yes I am" and sound like Napleon Dynamite. However that would have been a mistake as well as impossible...:dopey:

Yes! I knew it!

Just in case anyone cares...my therapist said I do NOT have suicidal tendancies for lynch voting Asrrin yesterday.

Just because you shapeshift into someone doesn't make you that person, she said.

She also wrote me a prescription for Maker's Mark...:D

That was fun!

To be honest it would be a stroke of genius to just be a dumb mute to start with and be mafia!
Where did Ivan the navigator come from I have no idea! I was just trying to be horrendously annoying in the game to start with to get rid of me!
Then I had every being nice and wanting to look after me, obviously pro town role was mentioned, all I did was post random stuff! You lot are mad :D
I would be loving it if I was on the dark side!
It was initially difficult to get you lot to believe a different story with only posting change course etc - I just jumped on the fiction you created yourselves! Ivan needs a fixin.

Once I was locked in for lynch it was heaven - blow 3 of you away and walk out, Leo got served some karma, with her wipe out! LOL :)

There's a beta opt in for ST Online.

Interested parties can fill out an app at StarTrekOnline.com

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High