Forum Mafia: Keep your friends close...

Re: Forum Mafia: Keep your friends close...

Sorry all for missing the last few hours...I've had a rather busy morning at work. I did read through the pages since last night and one thing stands out to me, and it stems from this:[

QUOTE=Noodle;7229645]You have wicked powers of observation, Gorny.[/QUOTE]

Noodle seemed to jump on Wicked with that comment and it was four minutes after I posted that I noticed something odd about the last line of the note on SiTro's body. I'm leaning more and more towards a Wicked being set up either by an SK type or the Mafia. Noodle goes to the top of my suspicion list because of the above quote ane the starting of the bandwagon on Wicked when he voted for Wicked a few posts later. Obviously, if Wicked is town then whoever set him up wants him dead. If Wicked is the SK, then I do not think he would be so open with a clue of that magnitude.

Could Noodle have set up Wicked? Possibly.

I have some other thoughts to put out here but I want to re-read some things before posting so that I have my facts straight.

Asrrin, you're playing a rather dangerous playstyle. I started noticing it last game when you were so sure to have things in the bag with your role-blocks signalling two scum. However, you must remember, those two nights your role-blocking didn't amount to anything ground-breaking (first night the mafia failed to submit a night kill. Second night everyone was role-blocked). Granted, calling out the people you did last game were in fact scum, but your reasonings were iffy.

With that said, I see you doing the exact same thing this game. Your trigger-happiness last game was amusing to me as a host, but now that the stakes are higher for me personally I find your aggressiveness troublesome. You're going to need to present more evidence to sway some votes your way.

I would also like to point out that I see KrazeyIvan acting the same way he did last game as well. He's talking without exactly saying anything, and I find that most suspicious.

Unvote: WickedSwami

Lets put it this way then. We have 4 candiates in mind at the moment.
Noodle, trying to get a lynch on Wicked and states that he wants the day to end early.
Wicked, clue left on sitros body, could mean a hint from ankeli or another role/event, or a note from the mafia/sk leading us into the wrong direction
Gorny, made a small mistake about Ludas avatar and was evasive with the wicked hint in the story (this is actualy just my suspicion)
And Ivan, quiet, sitting in the shadows, posting only when required to.
If we lynch Noodle, him somewhat being linked with Gorny, we could get both their alignments.
If we lynch wicked, we might get rid of the SK, or find out why Noodle was so agressive of him.
If we lynch Ivan, we just find his alignment and thats it.

Wicked still is the best lynch target but i still think someone needs to look into that story more carefully and into the lyrics Orphan posted.

How could I have been evasive with the wicked hint in the story? Do you mean that because I did not come out and say hey that last line there seems to spell out "Wicked" it must mean WickedSwami, and I'm evasive because of that?

I think evasive would be more like someone asking me if I meant wicked then dodging the question and instead going on and trying to turn the discussion on something else like the knife.

How do you link Noodle to me? Are you linking Noodle to me based on his "Wicked powers of observation" comment and whe voting after? or is it something else?

I find your read on Noodle being scum pretty weak. I haven't seen anything really suspicious of him yet. Like I said, that's what makes you a suspect in my book. But not enough to unvote my current vote as Wicked's defense is even weaker.

I agree that the read on Noodle being scum is a weak one, but his behavior is odd none the less. He was quick to start the voting on Wicked almost as soon as I posted about the clue in the note.

What say you Noodle?

just woke up a little while ago. gonna post in some thoughts...

can anyone figure anything out on the second part of the verse?

heh-heh, i was actually looking into the second verse last night/this morning, but as tired as i was, i could barely think. now that i have had some sleep, the first thing i thought of were not song lyrics, but (one), something to do with a cop and perhaps investingating him and (two), Paradise Lost by John Milton (im sorry! im a lit major and im kind of a nut!) in the story, Lucifer (who then slowly turned into Satan. i beleive Lucifer was his angelic name before he fell. please correct me if i am wrong! :) ) had two "children"- Death and Chaos. together, those three were the opposite of the Holy Trinity; Evil Trinity. maybe this "riddler" is saying that one of two children- Death or Chaos. or a mixture of both, as seeming to me that Chaos has broken out and Death is looming over our heads, some closer than others.

but bcuz im a "nerd", the song lyrics sound a little bit better (like, make more sense) as to intrepreting the second verse. just sayin'.

In previous games, once a person has been locked, some moderators have ended the day early. That's why I'd like to get a lock vote.

I wouldn't say I'm looking for an easy target so much as one has been given to us. Again, I think we'd be fools to not follow up on the clue we were handed.

as true as that last part is ("...we'd be fools not to follow up on a clue we were handed."), why lock in a vote so early so we can end the day? i can understand if there is five of us left or something, but when it's a game this big? don't. quite. follow. that.

I hounded Luda and TC yesterday to help a lynch, unfortunatly it lead down the wrong path.

Asrrin, i did notice how aggressive you were last game. i know we are trying to "weed out the mafia" (i believe that is what us true townies are trying to do), but look where your hounding had gotten us. a lynch of the VI. everyone's to err here, but us townies have got to play smart. but i do have to agree with you and wicked, Noodle is acting strangely funny.

I find your read on Noodle being scum pretty weak. I haven't seen anything really suspicious of him yet.

really? i mean, i find other ppl suspicious too, but if ending the day early and closing in on Wicked for the kill (idk if i mean that as a pun or not... :/ ) does not strike a red flag with you, what does?

maybe this "riddler" is saying that one of two children- Death or Chaos. or a mixture of both, as seeming to me that Chaos has broken out and Death is looming over our heads, some closer than others

i meant saying the riddler is one of the two. sorry for the confusion!

as you said so yourself stotch, your ideas are probably a little farfetched, but it's good that you're trying new things :)

Glad to see some people unvoting me :)

You guys are right, I'm being very headstrong in my playstyle. I know something is fishy with nodle though, and a few of you are starting to se things my way. in the future I'll try to be less "aggressive" ad tryto think before I act. I've been thinking alot though and even f I'm not being agressive noodle is still acting like scum.

You guys are right, I'm being very headstrong in my playstyle. I know something is fishy with nodle though, and a few of you are starting to se things my way. in the future I'll try to be less "aggressive" ad tryto think before I act. I've been thinking alot though and even f I'm not being agressive noodle is still acting like scum.

nah. i think when you get worked up about something, you become passionate about it. eh, im kinda the same way. and i do agree, Noodle is acting a little scummy to me.

Then you guys should discuss what to do when I'm lynched and shown to be a vanilla townie.

Yeah, I came at Wicked more aggressively than I've generally been in other games. I don't recall another game I've been in where we've been given a clue as blatant as this one. I think we have to lynch Wicked today so that we'll know how to handle any clue we may receive tomorrow. If we fail to do that, we're deliberately ignoring information the game moderator is putting in front of us. That seems scummy to some people? Seems like smart playing to me.

I expect that I'll be night killed tonight if I'm not lynched. What would that show you?

Then you guys should discuss what to do when I'm lynched and shown to be a vanilla townie.

Yeah, I came at Wicked more aggressively than I've generally been in other games. I don't recall another game I've been in where we've been given a clue as blatant as this one. I think we have to lynch Wicked today so that we'll know how to handle any clue we may receive tomorrow. If we fail to do that, we're deliberately ignoring information the game moderator is putting in front of us. That seems scummy to some people? Seems like smart playing to me.

I expect that I'll be night killed tonight if I'm not lynched. What would that show you?

Hmmm... Vanilla town?

Wicked and Ivan: How do you predict the aftermath of you getting lynched if it happens?

If you're not mafia, is the town going to lose just another townie or are we making a big mistake?

I'm still inclined to vote for either of you or Noodle and Noodle seems to be giving a town vibe despite his reaction to the clue in the note.

Lets put it this way then. We have 4 candiates in mind at the moment.
Noodle, trying to get a lynch on Wicked and states that he wants the day to end early.
Wicked, clue left on sitros body, could mean a hint from ankeli or another role/event, or a note from the mafia/sk leading us into the wrong direction
Gorny, made a small mistake about Ludas avatar and was evasive with the wicked hint in the story (this is actualy just my suspicion)
And Ivan, quiet, sitting in the shadows, posting only when required to.
If we lynch Noodle, him somewhat being linked with Gorny, we could get both their alignments.
If we lynch wicked, we might get rid of the SK, or find out why Noodle was so agressive of him.
If we lynch Ivan, we just find his alignment and thats it.

Wicked still is the best lynch target but i still think someone needs to look into that story more carefully and into the lyrics Orphan posted.

Have we just sailed over Aman - I hear from my dead grandmother more!
Ignoring SUPER quiet players are we.....?

why would you expect to be nightkilled if you arent lynched?

Have we just sailed over Aman - I hear from my dead grandmother more!
Ignoring SUPER quiet players are we.....?

You do have a point.

Aman seems to be giving a pro town vibe even though he has been quiet. He has not started a bandwagon vote on anyone nor has he jumped on anyone. He could be mafia hiding in the shadows.

Can we get a cop to investigate Aman tonight?

Ivan: You still have not answered my question.

Well its a hard one to call Gorny

The mafia may want a simple NK of some plain townsfolk, but since people are sure I'm playing the same as last game (really!?!) and am scummy and I don't get lynched today (why?!?) - then it would be smart from their point of view to leave me alone - come morning I'm alive everyone gets more suspicious and I get lynched further down the line they get everything they want, that way.

My aim is simple ... town win - I'll do my best to help my super powered town friends out - hopefully I take some of the heat so they have no clue if I am Joe townie or not, which I am I can assure you. If I do get kaboshed then read some posts of mine - how did I point out, who wanted me gone etc etc

By the way your question was not answered as I started 5 pages back and had to reply to that post of thundercats.

To be honest my playstyle last game was matching Aman's to a tee - no need to involve yourself let the town go nuts at each other and ride the waves of votes quietly.

Well its a hard one to call Gorny

The mafia may want a simple NK of some plain townsfolk, but since people are sure I'm playing the same as last game (really!?!) and am scummy and I don't get lynched today (why?!?) - then it would be smart from their point of view to leave me alone - come morning I'm alive everyone gets more suspicious and I get lynched further down the line they get everything they want, that way.

My aim is simple ... town win - I'll do my best to help my super powered town friends out - hopefully I take some of the heat so they have no clue if I am Joe townie or not, which I am I can assure you. If I do get kaboshed then read some posts of mine - how did I point out, who wanted me gone etc etc

By the way your question was not answered as I started 5 pages back and had to reply to that post of thundercats.

To be honest my playstyle last game was matching Aman's to a tee - no need to involve yourself let the town go nuts at each other and ride the waves of votes quietly.

That's enough for me tp not vote for you at this point - you went ahead and tried to answer the question as best you could and did not attempt to dodge it or avoid it.

Less of a mafia vibe there.

Never say you're vanilla... that's just making it easyer for the mafia to sort out the power roles.

Wicked and Ivan: How do you predict the aftermath of you getting lynched if it happens?

If you're not mafia, is the town going to lose just another townie or are we making a big mistake?

why are you fishing for power roles? Need some ideas on who to kill tonight?

These quotes aren't necessarily a mafia tell, but they sure are a tell of dumb town-play

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High