Forum Mafia: Keep your friends close...

Re: Forum Mafia: Keep your friends close...

Sorry for my lack of posting but work has been hell at the minute and i just got a new phone so been abit distracted.

First off, todays events are a joke right? Are you all seriously lynching Wicked because his name was in a note/story? In past mafia games the host has given the mafia the option of leaving a note at the scene of the crime. They use it to distract players/shift the eyes onto someone else and generally waste the towns time by talking about it. This is up there with people changing avatars in terms of pointlessness.

I still have alot of reading to do but i'd be looking at the players that have been voting for wicked today.

I don't recall another game I've been in where we've been given a clue as blatant as this one. I think we have to lynch Wicked today so that we'll know how to handle any clue we may receive tomorrow. If we fail to do that, we're deliberately ignoring information the game moderator is putting in front of us.

Except - why would the game moderator hand the town a scumbag? I've still to see an explanation for this which seems reasonable. And I still don't like your insistence on locking the lynch as early as possible (even less your suggestion for ending the day early), truth be told, I consider either you or Ivan a better lynch option then Wicked atm.

Why Ivan? His game so far has been plenty of throwaway accusation with very little follow-up. I don't like it one bit.

Also would really like to hear more from Aman...he's posted like, 5 posts from the game start? Makes him impossible to read really.

Will hopefully have more time to post tomorrow then I did today.

Sorry for my lack of posting but work has been hell at the minute and i just got a new phone so been abit distracted.

First off, todays events are a joke right? Are you all seriously lynching Wicked because his name was in a note/story? In past mafia games the host has given the mafia the option of leaving a note at the scene of the crime. They use it to distract players/shift the eyes onto someone else and generally waste the towns time by talking about it. This is up there with people changing avatars in terms of pointlessness.

I still have alot of reading to do but i'd be looking at the players that have been voting for wicked today.

Whoops, should've previewed.
Nice to see you around Aman.

Aman might be scum and the excuse that work has been hell could be a ruse to fool the town. Also there's the bit about the new phone. Why could he not be bothered to check in once in a while instead of keeping so quiet back there.

I saw him online earlier using mod stealth while parked in the community forum for quite a while.

Why the silence Aman?

If there's a Cop type out there Aman might be a good bet tonight.

Vote: Noodle

Ive seen enough for him to earn my vote, the biggest thing lately is him expecting to be nked if he isnt lynched? To me that is saying one thing: Dont lynch me, the mafia will handle it. then when he is alive "oh well I guess i got lucky or someone protected me"

I have never seen noodle so defensive in his posts, and so quick to jump the gun on things. Nothing is a guaruntee in this game, but Noodles actions have given me a reason to vote

Unless anyone can come up with a better choise for me (voting myself is NOT a better choise :p ) I think I'll stick with him.

I know this looks like I'm making the bandwagon rolling now (which is exaclty what noodle did) so I will ask you not to lock him too soon. THere's still about 22 hours left, we still have time to discuss our options.

If I counted correctly, noodle is at 4 votes now:

asrrin
bad ash
DLoveSwe
and me

can anyone clarify this?

Unless anyone can come up with a better choise for me (voting myself is NOT a better choise :p ) I think I'll stick with him.

I know this looks like I'm making the bandwagon rolling now (which is exaclty what noodle did) so I will ask you not to lock him too soon. THere's still about 22 hours left, we still have time to discuss our options.

If I counted correctly, noodle is at 4 votes now:

asrrin
bad ash
DLoveSwe
and me

can anyone clarify this?

Well Wicked, when someone is locked the day doesnt end, IDK why but telling people not to do something irks me. We couldnt get 5 other people to immediately lock him anyway in a game with this many people.

@aman: are you going to do that big write up you talked about? Cause you are making empty promises and showing your face briefly without bringing much to the table. I understand being busy, I am busy also and dont think that is being used as a front, but something would be nice

Are there any other connections people see that are worth talking about? Noodle and Gorny may or may not be connected, CC thinks Assrin and myself are connected, TC and Luda I think that has dissolved, am I missing anything blatant?

If Aman comes up with a decent reason for only posting once in a while even though he was watching, I will buy it.

I'm at work myself and can't keep tabs on the game during the early part of my day due to how busy I get.

Even with that said, my list so far is:

Noodle
Wicked
Ivan
Aman
Leopold

In that order.

I'll start from the start of day 2.

My thoughts on why SiTro was killed? He was very good at directing the town and in general just a good player at this and had got in a few peoples faces. He'd have been a hard lynch for the mafia to push imo.

Now onto the note. (already posted some on this) but in my mind there are 2 possibilities

1) Ankeli is writing the story and just decided to name Wicked for laughs.
2) The mafia/SK/Whatever killing role there is wrote the note and are using it to mess with the town/have them waste time on it.(Which has worked for most of the first half of day 1)

I really doubt a coroner type role, i think the fact SiTro's body is missing is more todo with Ankeli's story telling more than anything.

As for Gorny's claiming he saw me online in stealth i won't bother commenting on that as im not a fan of that type of play.

Based off today im most suspicious of everyone that pushed for wickeds lynch.

Noodle
Noammr
Gorny
Krazeyivan

These bought the whole wicked thing abit too quick for my liking and placed a vote on him long before wicked had a chance to defend himself.

TC said:
Im also inclined to think wicked and ophan are somewhat linked via a bus-driver role or some other role/event.{/quote]

Can you expand this further please?

noammr said:
Also, I have found a post by BoD that makes me extremely suspicious of him and would've made him my prime target if not for Wicked...will look back and point it out for discussion later tonight.

Going to point it out now?

I'd also like to point out im not the only one laying low.

I'd like to hear what Crowd Control has to say.

yeah, busy work doesn't fly with me. I just got down hauling about 100 different CRT and LCD monitors up and down three stories in my building and re hooking them all up. Also had to deal with a student orientation this morning that had me quite busy, but it's easy to check up on this thread via my smartphone or during lunch breaks / restroom breaks. Still, not everyone can do that, so I'd like to hear more from aman before I put him on my suspicion list. Gorny, why are you pointing so many fingers all of a sudden?

Just to correct you there Aman (hello by the way - welcome to the game) :)

I never "pushed" for wickeds lynch - I just agreed with the neat little find that Gorny and co found - whats everyone feeling on this? Are we certain its placed from the mafia?

Asrrin - he may be pointing fingers due to the fact it usually gets a response - giving us more information. Something you were rather adept at last game - which I loved at the time.

In review our main "solid" information is from Ankeli - We know about Luda (congrats again) and we have some puzzles from the death of SiTro, what next step will add to our understanding of what has been posted. i.e. how can we get a clearer idea??
I think this is more important than talk about avatars etc - why the hell was that brought up people?

Noodle went off rather strongly following the clue left by Ankeli (is it too easy a find - thats for us to decide as a team) and has come to the conclusion that a lynch gives us info on Ankeli's posts - simple put is the note mafia involvement or not.

Tomorrow I'm in work early so the first half hour I'm not harrassed - I'll do a read back and post who everyone has voted for and unvoted. Should help out a bit.

Aman, I never voted for anyone.

So why put me along with the rest in pushing for Wicked's lynch? I never pushed for him to be lynched, though some of the others did do that.

@Asrrin:

I saw something and acted on it much the same as you have done in the past. Fair enough?

I'm really only point one finger and that was towards Aman.
If you're talking about whay I am also suspicious of Noodle and Wicked that's not really pointing the finger, if it was I would have been the only one to do it.

In the case of both Noodle and Wicked there were other people who also has suspicions or pointed something out about both Noodle and Wicked. So it's not a case of me point fingers all of a sudden. It's more like watching how people are reacting and basing my posts off that.

Also since I'm away to bed shortly can someone read through Leopold Stotch's posts.

Is it me or does she post "nicely nicely" agreeing where needed, suspicious here and there but will see what happens.

I would like other opinions on her posts - read them all to gauge them yourself.

As we all know women are not to be trusted! :D :)

Also since I'm away to bed shortly can someone read through Leopold Stotch's posts.

Is it me or does she post "nicely nicely" agreeing where needed, suspicious here and there but will see what happens.

I would like other opinions on her posts - read them all to gauge them yourself.

As we all know women are not to be trusted! :D :)

it could be noobie diesease, but as pointed out early by myself, it is a good cover if shes up to something

Something you were rather adept at last game - which I loved at the time.

Just to fill this out a bit - last game you were a bit TOO adept at theory creating and finger pointing - certain on day 1 or 2 you knew the last two mafia - which kicked up a sh*t storm which was great to hide in.

This round you've toned it down a bit which will help the town.

I'm not having a digg sir not at all - but when we get a more solid scum signal we can let you off the leash!

it could be noobie diesease, but as pointed out early by myself, it is a good cover if shes up to something

Its the better half of mara so I doubt she has the noobie disease at all - false cover in my opinion.

Also did you ever get a reply or retort from her on that Bad Ash?

Now onto the note. (already posted some on this) but in my mind there are 2 possibilities

1) Ankeli is writing the story and just decided to name Wicked for laughs.
2) The mafia/SK/Whatever killing role there is wrote the note and are using it to mess with the town/have them waste time on it.(Which has worked for most of the first half of day 1)

I really doubt a coroner type role, i think the fact SiTro's body is missing is more todo with Ankeli's story telling more than anything.
I think we'll learn more about all this tomorrowmorning
As for Gorny's claiming he saw me online in stealth i won't bother commenting on that as im not a fan of that type of play.
Then I'd like to ask you (and all mods in the game) to no longer use your stealth mode for as long as you're in the game (I don't know if this is possible/if it interferes with your jobs as mods). You're giving us the idea that you're not on the forum much and have other stuff on your hands, yet you're roaming around here invisibly, without posting anything to help the town. You have to agree that this makes you look suspicious. If you're not a fan of 'that type of play' then don't use your stealth mode.

Based off today im most suspicious of everyone that pushed for wickeds lynch.

Noodle
Noammr
Gorny
Krazeyivan
you're correct and i'm pretty sure at least one of these will show up mafia (though that doesn't really say anything, 5bad guys in an 18 player game gives a +/- 1 in 4 chance of hitting a bad guy). I agree with gorny though, he never pushed the lynch on me. He only stated that he found my nickname hidden in the text.

I've had kind of a scum-feel on stotch as well, but I wasn't gonna go into it just yet, since there's enough discussion already. I don't really have any facts to base it on though, so we'll have to see later in the game.

wicked said:
Then I'd like to ask you (and all mods in the game) to no longer use your stealth mode for as long as you're in the game (I don't know if this is possible/if it interferes with your jobs as mods). You're giving us the idea that you're not on the forum much and have other stuff on your hands, yet you're roaming around here invisibly, without posting anything to help the town. You have to agree that this makes you look suspicious. If you're not a fan of 'that type of play' then don't use your stealth mode.

I didn't want to go down this road but i will. I wasn't online but then thats just my word against gornys. There is only one other mod playing and Orphan wasn't online in the last few hours anyways so that rules him out shinning any light on the matter and asking other mods is out of the question.

I rank this type of play up there with people checking other peoples profiles, as i already said i am not a fan of this and it's not in the spirit of the game and if i had my way i'd make it a rule. If someone isn't posting then hang them out to dry, i'll be posting more now.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High