Forum Mafia: Keep your friends close...

Re: Forum Mafia: Keep your friends close...

Oh yeah, one other potential reason for only one NK - it could be that two or more groups coincidentally targeted the same player. The clues in the NK post could implicate both Orphan and you in SiTro's killing. Wouldn't that be interesting?

In previous games, once a person has been locked, some moderators have ended the day early. That's why I'd like to get a lock vote.

I wouldn't say I'm looking for an easy target so much as one has been given to us. Again, I think we'd be fools to not follow up on the clue we were handed.

ending the day early only means there's less conversation, giving less information to the town. Since it's only the beginning of the game, I really don't think that's the best option.
Do note that luda's role was also made public at the end of the day.

Oh yeah, one other potential reason for only one NK - it could be that two or more groups coincidentally targeted the same player. The clues in the NK post could implicate both Orphan and you in SiTro's killing. Wouldn't that be interesting?

god, you really want to see me killed don't you?

Anyway, I'm off to sleep, I'll see what everyone else has to say about this tomorrow.

Serioulsy noodle? you want to end the day early, cut conversations and hence information, and ignore an obvious frame job? mafioso is squaking loud and clear to me.

Unvote: DloveSwe
Vote: Noodle

Sorry DloveSwe, I didn't catch the others clues quite as fast as everyone else did, and I was still hung up about TC. for the record though, you did have several posts trying to convince TC to stay.

Ankeli has said several times this will be a difficult game for us townies to win. So as soon as he serves you up two heaping clues to scum you all jump on them like it's God's Word or something. It's obvious the mafia have two special powers, Framing and Janitor duty. Noodle is especially lapping all this up, encouraging everyone to lynch lock early, basically telling wicked to lay down and take it.

Noodle, you were first to mention the knife and Orphan being related.

You have wicked powers of observation, Gorny.

and BAM, as soon as someone notices the second clue you left, you close in for the kill.

You are mafia scum, coupled with your minimal posts yesterday, clearly indicate you as scum.

Was I the first to note a possible link between the knife and Orphan? Yes, I ws that perceptive. Thank you for pointing that out - it's a nice compliment. Please explain how that makes me mafia.

The quote you cite was really just me telling Gorny nice work, and letting him know I'd picked up on the same thing he did. Not sure how that makes me mafia. Again, please explain.

Lastly, I don't think you and I have played in enough games for you to accurately gauge my playing style. No one in the game who has played games with me, and there are several with whom I've played multiple games, is pointing fingers at me

You appear to be trying to protect Wickedswami. Please explain why you believe, despite the rather prominent clue in SiTro's death write-up, you would vote for anyone else.

Finally got a chance to read through everything! And [OT]DAMN! Leopold's dinner was incredible![/OT]

I haven't read anything to sway my vote from Wicked. However, I also want to point out that, unless I'm mistaken, we haven't heard a thing from Orphan this day phase.

Asrrin, I do believe you have a point, however. There's no point in ending the day this early when there can be more time for discussion, especially to give a clue as to who to save and investigate tonight.

Typing out loud here....

Five to find,
Three are one,
In the end you will number none.

The last sentence is obvious.

Three are one...Is this implying 3 mafia members? 3 players are one organization?

Five to find...there are 15 of us alive currently. It would take 8 of us to lynch someone (15 / 2 = 7.5 rounded up = 8)

If 5 townies + 3 mafia vote for the same person, that would cause a lynch and we would "find" out who that person is.

My thoughts for the hour at least.

Popping in to say that after I've mulled over it for a while I'm finding it hard to believe that Ankeli would throw out that hint with no reason.

Until someone comes up with another feasible explanation, I'm going to assume the authors of the note are clever mafia members...I am open to hear any alternative explanations, but I don't buy into the whole 'Ankeli is trying to make the game easy/hard for the town by dispensing random.fake clues'.

So Unvote:wicked (if that ever counted as a vote)

@Noodle - similar to Asrrin, I really don't like your recent posts and attitude. You want to lock the lynch in order to end the day early? Please, could you explain how you think that works for the town? Also - any thoughts on why we'd be handed out clues in Sitro's death note?

Mara - feel free to answer that last question too. Also, can I have some of that excellent dinner Leopold made?

I earlier mentioned a post by BoD that caught my eye...I haven't manage to decide yet weather it clears him or shows him to be mafia so I'll just bring up (I was actually slightly suspicious of Sitro for not commenting on this since I believe he was the one to whom BoD responded...:p):

1) i think i allready gave my take on how it affects the town. As for the mafia i guess it means they can think about who is truly hindering their progress and make an actual kill for their postive gain rather than just random chance.

2) I don't think the fact that they couldnt comunicate last night would effect their game plan for the day at all. A good mafioso is one who can hide in plain sight. Post enough to not raise suspicion with enough content to place doubts on other people. Wether or wether not they have spoken to each other at all wouldnt affect this at all.
He's practically guiding any new mafia players on how to survive day 1 and who to lynch if he happens to be taken out.
I would like to add that last time I played with BoD as mafia (which was a while ago, I'll admit) he played a very careful game, which makes me wonder if this isn't just a bad mistake on his part...I'll be happy if anyone who's played with him more recently can add their thoughts on weather he's likely to try something like this.

any thoughts on why we'd be handed out clues in Sitro's death note?

Mara - feel free to answer that last question too. Also, can I have some of that excellent dinner Leopold made?

You have no windows though; I can't pass the dinner through :(

A thought:
Someone earlier mentioned that the mafia being able to have a bigger influence on the night kill write up's would unbalance the game. Here we are:

I can't remember a mafia game I've played in where any team was able to insert that sort of manipulative clue into the game moderator's night kill write up. That's just too much power, and would severely unbalance the game. Just my opinion, of course.

Ankeli suggested pre-game that he would have unique roles. What if one of them was that the mafia CAN have a hand at manipulating the night kill story, but at a cost. What if they had to put one of their names out somehow, and found a loophole to where they can spell out part of their name throughout one sentence. Semantics can mean everything in this game.

Like I said, certain mafia roles can frame a person.

I am not defending wickedswami persay, but rather I am trying to prevent you from swaying a lynch vote when it's so obvious you have ulterior motives noodle. Had someone voted for Orphan instead of mulling over it, you would have been right on the bandwagon hounding him to his death. You or one of your mafia brethren planted evidence on SiTro's body, waited until it was discovered, and then dumped the body to prevent anyone from learning any useful information. the only info in the night kill write up is the planted evidence by Noodle.

The orphan/knife connection was obvious, it's no compliment to you, even A child could see that one. You were the first to publicly point it out however, after no one else seemed to be taking the bait. Failing to get anyone to start a lynch on him, you waited until someone noticed the more subtle, and believable evidence you planted, and by waiting for someone else to point it out, would take suspicion away from you. You screwed up however, by gloating about it immediately after Gorny discovered it.

You also barely posted at all yesterday, and that is a big mafia tell.

I didn't post anywhere yesterday. I was indisposed. I addressed this. I've played enough of these games to recognize that being silent is a mafia sign for newbie players. Were I mafia, I would have been very active.

I happen to have a busy RL. Look at last game, where I was active early, then missed a bunch of action. Result? I was killed, and was revealed to exactly who I said I was, the townie Amazon bus driver.

You guys are making it seem like I was the one who planted the clue. Obviously I'm not, I'm just revelling in having something so clear.

I don't see doing an early lynch of wicked as stifling discussion, but as accelerating it. All it will do is let us know earlier whether or not we can trust that type of clue left in death posts - additional knowledge equals more meaningful discussion. So, yes, I'd like to allow us to have more meaningful discussions sooner rather than later.

I still think that wickedswami is the best vote for a lynch today. If you guys want to drag it out, that's fine. I can wait another day. Alternately, if you want to lynch me, consider who I've targeted and been targeted by, and consider who you want to go after when you find out I am vanilla townie.

In fact, it may make more sense to lynch me. That way, you can validate that I am vanilla townie, and take appropriate actions.

Asrrin, I didn't "go after" orphan. I haven't voted for him, nor have I tried to get anyone to. I merely pointed out the obvious. My motive is exclusively to snatch an opportuinity to lynch who appears to be an obvious mafia. I don't know if your memory extends as far as last game, when you believed you had identified a mafia member early, and you went after him full steam.

Asrrin, at best you're a townie loose cannon who does as much damage to the good guys as the bad. I'm not convinced you're actually on the townie side this round.

I have not seen a post by Orphan yet today. Or did I totally miss him?

Maybe he is still looking for his missing knife.

My only concern is ending the day early. I want everyone to get as much information as they can, and have time to give their input, before the day ends. Granted, when I hosted last game I gave the option to end early on the days where someone was locked in a matter of a few hours, but only if EVERYONE agrees to it, and I would hope that if Ankeli gives us the same option this game that the same restrictions would apply.

Sorry for the late arrival, had an 11 and a half hour work day. all caught up and heres my two cents

problems that I find the biggest need to solve: The Wicked connection and the mention of the Janitor.

Apparently if there is a janitor (which could be why Sitros body is gone as Leopold mentioned) then if we can somehow kill the janitor, the town will know the role of the people who are lynched. this is HUGE if we can find this person because it will prevent the mafia from being able to role claim without anyone debunking it.

The reason Wicked is the best kill is because if there are going to be more notes we need to know if we can trust them or not. The mafia know their crap and they are either hoping we lynch Wicked or hoping we think it was all a ploy to keep wicked alive

HOWEVER, I am not going to vote for Wicked just yet. heres who else I am suspicious of

Leopold Stotch
DLove
Noodle
Gorny

(cripes, theres 5 right there haha, I really hope 5 to find is a joke)

reasons: DLove is playing similiar to the way he played when he was mafia a couple rounds ago contributing just enough to get out of the way

Leopold is posting a lot of non-relevant items which is deterring from the game and knew about the janitor and is a noob........inside info or just thourough mafiapedia? She mentioned mafia pedia before but idk

Noodle Noodle...are the people we are playing with not pointing the finger at you because they are your scum brothers? when someone called you out you got REALLY defensive and the points were pretty valid, especially the quick jump to the vote and ending teh day early

Gorny pointing out the Wicked thing, but I think he is just smarter than I am since noodle and others saw it too. I dont think it is enough to judge him if Wicked is townie, but hrmmm

Orphan is too just for not posting and staying away away away especially after the australia bit.

god I hope there isnt 5 to find..

one more thing if there really is 5 to find (ok a couple more things) some reasons there was only 1 kill tonight:

SK's have a limited number of "bullets" where they must choose on the days they are going to use them
SK's (or singular I guess) were roleblocked.
there are 5 mafia
identical kill targets hence a brutal slaying

im going to guess that someone had to be role blocked last night in order to stop a kill if there are multiple families, that is my best guess or a luck of the draw and identical kill targers although the odds of that are really not good

Damn I missed voting last round - meeting at work ran on too long and when I got to the PC I was 15 min into night!

Indeed, there were several times when you said you would vote but never did, such as:

http://www.purediablo.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7227105&postcount=269:
Krazeyivan said:
I'll be putting my vote in - next 3 hours or so - I'll not be back till maybe 1 hour before nightfall otherwise.

http://www.purediablo.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7226435&postcount=207:
Krazeyivan said:
Tomorrow morning when I get up I'll be evaluating the actions thats happened and making a vote as we need to move as a group.

http://www.purediablo.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7226232&postcount=187:
Krazeyivan said:
No definate vote as of yet - but will mull over the posts...

I'd be interested if you could respond to Bad Ash's post at:
http://www.purediablo.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7227448&postcount=302

Bad Ash said:
has anyone else notice that all ivan ever posts about is going back and re-reading? "we need someone lynched, ima go re-read"

this has to be at least the 3rd time hes said this this round. ya kidding me?

You do seem to be posting abit quietly, but making statements as though it seems like you're moving with the group but nothing seems to be actually resulting, which is abit suspicious.

Also, is everyone else as ticked off as me about Luda?

Nope. Unless I missed something it doesn't really mean anything if the town were to still win anyway at the end, there'd just be an extra person included in the winnings, so it's till business as usual. Still, why would it tick you off so much though?

I have not seen a post by Orphan yet today. Or did I totally miss him?

Maybe he is still looking for his missing knife.

I caught a plane up the coast last night, and had a pretty late start this morning.

With regards to the knife thing, I think it's clearly an attempt to throw some suspicion on me, and would be a pretty suicidal move if I were the mafia as I'd have nothing to gain from it.

I guess it's possible that I was the target last night but was switched or something, and the knife story was supposed to relate to my death? Who knows, but since it's information fed directly to us most likely by the mafia (or whoever did the killing) then I'd be hesitant to take stock in it.

Chiming in with a vote tally; since I've nothing better to do at work.

Votee : Voters

noodle: asrrin
wickedswami: Noodle, marahumm, krazeyivan

And yes Noammr, your vote didn't count. I expect enough effort to spell the votee's name correctly and the whole vote to be within the rules on page 1 to tally it in. :) Capitalization isn't an issue, but if Vote: Ankeli comes out as [b[Vote: akenil[/b] I won't accept it.

You do seem to be posting abit quietly, but making statements as though it seems like you're moving with the group but nothing seems to be actually resulting, which is abit suspicious.

Nope. Unless I missed something it doesn't really mean anything if the town were to still win anyway at the end, there'd just be an extra person included in the winnings, so it's till business as usual. Still, why would it tick you off so much though?

2 things: 1 are you talking to me or Ivan when you linked my post and then also quoted it? You are bringing justice to the post and then tearing it down at the same time if that is the case, which is fine, just makes no sense

secondly, I was also not pissed at ludacris "winning" and why would any of us be? I care about winning with the town, wether ludacris is a part of that or not :p who cares

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High