Forum Mafia: Keep your friends close...

Re: Forum Mafia: Keep your friends close...

Yes, but everyone knows that the one in Wilmington is named "Hamburger Joe's Bar and Grill." Nothing about broncos. Hm.

Marahumm texted me this to answer your question, Gorny. He just got off work and is on the road, so no comp available, and i've been keeping him updated as to what's been going on while he's at work.

"There is in fact a Joe's Bar in Wilmington, NC and we might be able to cross reference that to people that live nearby. It might be nothing, but it could be something useful."

Ok.

i thought thus; Anyone ever watch the Highlander tv series?

Joe's bar and gril??

Possible Highlander reference. Watchers. Swords.

I'm sold on the Wickedswami idea - nice catch Gorny

Also I'm in agreement on BoD - He would be my next choice for stringing up!

vote: Wickedswami

(Sidenote; yes yes, I changed my avatar, don't get all worked up about it, I'm just checking out the palship perks.)

I'd be happy to see Wicked here too, though I doubt he can say much to change this situation. Whatever he says, we still need to consider the possibility of this being a mafia ploy...I shall update my thoughts on this as the day goes but I'd ask people not to get ahead of themselves and lock a lynch anytime soon.

While I may have noticed that the note seems to implicate Wicked, there is a catch. What if he is completely innocent and we don't find that out until lynch? Its all fine if he turns out to be scum or some other anti town role but if he turns out to be a town guy I don't want my neck on the chopping block just because I noticed the connection in the note and people started voting on it.

If we lynch and he's a townie, then I guess we've learned not to take nk write-ups too seriously. I still think he's our best bet for today.

If we lynch and he's a townie, then I guess we've learned not to take nk write-ups too seriously. I still think he's our best bet for today.

Or, we learn that the killers have a hand in the nk story? I'd honestly find it strange if Ankeli would just decide to throw us a red herring like this.

k, just got home and read all the posts (so many...)

some stuff:
Also, is everyone else as ticked off as me about Luda?
yes, pretty much, I was gonna try to make the first post with 'DAMN YOU LUDAAAA' or sth like that just because i'm a sore looser (imo, he's the real winner of the game, no matter if town or mafia win now..)

Why would Luda hint that his death would lead to a mafia player if interpreted correctly?

perhaps he wanted to link himself with the mafia, assuring he'd get locked. Or was he locked already when he said that? If so I have no idea.

or just lynch DLoveSwe and if he's mafia then TC might be as well. Plus SiTro was suspicious of him, and he got knifed in the night. Two strikes against DLoveSwe...

Vote: DLoveSwe

If I were mafia (seems I'm already a prime suspect...) this is how I would plan my lynches. Look for someone who is highly suspicious of someone else, and kill that first person, making the 2nd one look scummy.

I just noticed somethingabout the note connected to Sitro's back.

Look at the last sentance.

Anyone draw the same conclusion I did?
huh?

You have wicked powers of observation, Gorny.
oh... meh :(

Brilliant catch green G, looks like Ankeli handed us wicked?
do you really believe he'd make it that easy?

I have to say though, I wonder at the reasoning behind this - has anyone with more mafia experience encountered something like this before?
Still, we should act on this;
Vote: Wicked
your vote will probably not count, because you didn't write my full name, but nevermind, keep it like that :p

On Sitro's demise - unfortunate, Sitro is an excellent player.
probably the reason he got killed

Also, I have found a post by BoD that makes me extremely suspicious of him and would've made him my prime target if not for Wicked...will look back and point it out for discussion later tonight.

please do :)
@Leopold & Noammr: hai, here I am :)

final note: leopold, please tone down on the Off-topic stuff. It makes you look like an active player, however you're not contributing.

Well, if he turns out to be townie, we'll need to lay out all the conceivable scenarios. I can't remember a mafia game I've played in where any team was able to insert that sort of manipulative clue into the game moderator's night kill write up. That's just too much power, and would severely unbalance the game. Just my opinion, of course.

the day has only just begun...
You sound pretty eager to get me dead.

Nothing personal, Swami. You're the best target we have today, for obvious reasons, and I don't see the need for a lot of additional time and discussion. Put yourself in our shoes - if given a clue of the magnitude we just received, would you really vote for anyone else?

well, my opinion is severly biased, so you probably won't believe me when i say this but:
If it wouldn't have been my name in there, I wouldn't think the person in there to be mafia/SK.
Ankeli DID say he'd put in some extra stuff to make it more difficult for the town so this could be one of those things.

You're saying it would be unbalanced if the mafia had this power. Wouldn't it be even more unbalanced (towards the mafia, in this case) if ankeli just gave a way one of them away like that?

now some thoughts:
according to the "three make one" line on sitro's note you'd think there's a team of 3 mafia's
I'm not sure about the 5 to find yet however. the fourth one will probably the SK, but 2 sk's is a bit much imo. (though this is a big game)
Also taken into consideration that only 1 person died tonight, town would've had to be very lucky to get 2 saves in. Of course the possibility exists.

In that case, the possibility exists that sitro, orphan(him, because of all the australia stuff) and I were the 3 targeted people this night and me and orphan were saved in some way.
I know it sounds like I'm only writing this up to save my own skin, but I'd like to ask you all individually, which one of the 2 possibilities do you think is the most viable?

I have to reread my stuff more thoroughly
Wouldn't it be even more unbalanced (towards the mafia, in this case) if ankeli just gave a way one of them away like that?

What I meant was, wouldn't it be more unbalanced towards the mafia if ankeli just gave one of them away like that?

Wicked--no prob! sorry, i just get distracted. :/

well, now that day one has passed and we lynched the VI (who said it would be a link/lead to mafia), we should probably:

(one), look into who Luda was interacting with (w/o looking back, my first guess is ThunderCat)
(two), blow off Luda's comment and Joker laugh bcuz he's the "Jester"/VI. he could've said that to throw us off.
(three), look back at the riddle and think of possiblities. i think there are three mafia with two other roles at hand here, one being a SK. as for the speeling out of "WICKED", it's probably staring us right in the face and laughing or it could be mean nothing.
and (four), if there is a Janitor or someone who has the power to frame ppl with obvious weapons (i am talking about the knife thing), why frame Orphan?

quick thoughts before i log out to do financial aid. will check in periodically.

and i apologize if any of this is repeated info.

I see your point, but I don't feel we can just walk away from a clue of that magnitude.

I don't know why only one NK instead of two or three. Maybe there's a doctor role. Maybe someone neglected to PM a kill request to Ankeli, like we saw last game. Maybe a bus driver switched a targeted player with someone who has invulnerability to night kills. There are many possibilities.

oh and noodle, even if you think I'm the best choise for a lynch today, there's NO reason whatsoever to lock me so fast, since my role would only be given to the town at the end of the day anyway.

It looks like you're just looking for an easy target imo...

My post was in response to Wicked's.

I see your point, but I don't feel we can just walk away from a clue of that magnitude.

I don't know why only one NK instead of two or three. Maybe there's a doctor role. Maybe someone neglected to PM a kill request to Ankeli, like we saw last game. Maybe a bus driver switched a targeted player with someone who has invulnerability to night kills. There are many possibilities.

Since everyone was active in the day I don't think any nk's failed because of a lack of PM's to ankeli. You are correct on the other stuff though, there's a lot of ways the nk's could've been reduced

oh and noodle, even if you think I'm the best choise for a lynch today, there's NO reason whatsoever to lock me so fast, since my role would only be given to the town at the end of the day anyway.

It looks like you're just looking for an easy target imo...

In previous games, once a person has been locked, some moderators have ended the day early. That's why I'd like to get a lock vote.

I wouldn't say I'm looking for an easy target so much as one has been given to us. Again, I think we'd be fools to not follow up on the clue we were handed.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High