Community Forum Mafia Game #1 Trouble at DIII.net!

Re: Community Forum Mafia Game #1 Trouble at DIII.net!

Nicro, your first post on day 2 sounds suspicious.

So...

Vote: Nicro Tower

Indeed. It's either Noodle or Nicro Tower imo. I'll wait and see what happens though.

What happens when the Mafia Kill the Village Idiot? Same as when we kill him?

Indeed. It's either Noodle or Nicro Tower imo. I'll wait and see what happens though.

What happens when the Mafia Kill the Village Idiot? Same as when we kill him?

I'd imagine so yes. I doubt they get told who's who besides other mafias because they didn't know about vigilante etc right?

As for having to defend myself or 'lolugetlynchedsucka' I think i'll abstain from trying to overly defend myself - there's plenty of suspicious comments going around raising our suspicions already so why go picking on the non suspicious? It's sort of like 'hey, you look innocent, explain why i shouldn't lynch you'

Vigilantes are always a problem *sigh*

Not sure who i'm voting yet, i wanna spend some time thinking carefully today

Based on my experience of previous rounds [disclaimer added so Zhao can have something to criticise] in the past the VI only won if they were lynched by the town. Since a death to the hackers would not be a lynch, this would mean they lost the round.

IntelligentX: nicro's first post was commenting on the effective trade of a forum member for a hacker. When Zhao proposed such a trade yesterday, what was your opinion on it?

aman: If you were a bus driver, who would you have switched last night?

I'll make it easy for you guys. Here is my logics:

I have a hunch that the mafia members split their votes to different people yesterday. I'm pretty sure that at least 1 mafia member voted for me yesterday.

So basically we do this, we lynch Noodle today and see what alignment he is. If Noodle is townie, Anheg is probably Mafia and one of Necro Tower or Ludicris might be Mafia. If Noodle is Mafia, Necro Tower and Ludicris are probably townies.

As a bonus, once we lynch Noodle, game annonyance factor goes down by 64%. :thumbup:

Vote: Noodle

I have a hunch that the mafia members split their votes to different people yesterday. I'm pretty sure that at least 1 mafia member voted for me yesterday.

So basically we do this, we lynch Noodle today and see what alignment he is. If Noodle is townie, Anheg is probably Mafia and one of Necro Tower or Ludicris might be Mafia. If Noodle is Mafia, Necro Tower and Ludicris are probably townies.

As a bonus, once we lynch Noodle, game annonyance factor goes down by 64%. :thumbup:

Obvious someone from the mafia voted for you as they tried to kill you ;)

I'm still not sure about Noodle and Necro Tower, even InteligentX is starting to look suspicious for me.

64%? Come one, well know that 70% of all statistics are made up on the spot, 8 out of 10 people could tell you that.

As for noodle being lynched, I have no strong opinion why he shouldn't be but still I wouldn't be the first to back the decision, I'm unsure of noodle.

I'm uncomfortable with the logic that i'd have to be mafia if noodle wasn't, where does that come from? If we follow that route then maybe noodle is mafia and I am too? Maybe we're both townies?

Or how about lynch Necro~ and if he's townie Ludicris is mafia? See, it's random.

Interested to hear reactions from noodle on this, and what other people have to say about the possible townies mentioned.

What are Aman's motives for wanting to lynch Zhao? And what power does he have to tell the mafia what to do? Did he fall asleep during the night or something and not get a chance to partake in their nightly plans?

Surely a vigilante running loose is bad for both the mafia and townies, he doesn't know he's shooting until they're dead.

Food for thought

Obvious someone from the mafia voted for you as they tried to kill you ;)

I'm still not sure about Noodle and Necro Tower, even InteligentX is starting to look suspicious for me.

Obviously someone from the mafia voted for me? What makes you confident? :scratchchin:

64%? Come one, well know that 70% of all statistics are made up on the spot, 8 out of 10 people could tell you that.

As for noodle being lynched, I have no strong opinion why he shouldn't be but still I wouldn't be the first to back the decision, I'm unsure of noodle.

I'm uncomfortable with the logic that i'd have to be mafia if noodle wasn't, where does that come from? If we follow that route then maybe noodle is mafia and I am too? Maybe we're both townies?

Or how about lynch Necro~ and if he's townie Ludicris is mafia? See, it's random.

Interested to hear reactions from noodle on this, and what other people have to say about the possible townies mentioned.

What are Aman's motives for wanting to lynch Zhao? And what power does he have to tell the mafia what to do? Did he fall asleep during the night or something and not get a chance to partake in their nightly plans?

Surely a vigilante running loose is bad for both the mafia and townies, he doesn't know he's shooting until they're dead.

Food for thought

Mmm ... distraction tactics. Overwhelm the townies with multiple senarios to confuse them.

It's not random musings ... did you not read my post? So you totally disagree that a Mafia member voted for me yesterday?

I agree the mafia wasn't united in their voting strategy yesterday - that would have been very obvious if random members jumped on the same bandwagon so quickly. I won't discount the point that maybe a mafia member voted for you yesterday, since there was three voters, but what exactly does it prove about those 3 individuals?

I'm not offering distraction tactics, i just think people should have options to think about - only giving 'x or y' options is narrow sighted and is often used by people that want either of those conclusions to be chosen. I can't possibly think all the scenarios i point out to be good for me.

Obviously someone from the mafia voted for me? What makes you confident? :scratchchin:

Haha, you have no idea. Whats the tally now? I think I'll go with the one with the most votes in the end to get a lynch. I think Noodle's got the most votes now. But lynching a townie is sad :(

I agree the mafia wasn't united in their voting strategy yesterday - that would have been very obvious if random members jumped on the same bandwagon so quickly. I won't discount the point that maybe a mafia member voted for you yesterday, since there was three voters, but what exactly does it prove about those 3 individuals?

What does it prove about this 3 individuals? It forms a basis for deductive reasoning to give us leads on possible Mafia members. How do you think I nailed BoD last night?

anheg said:
I'm not offering distraction tactics, i just think people should have options to think about - only giving 'x or y' options is narrow sighted and is often used by people that want either of those conclusions to be chosen. I can't possibly think all the scenarios i point out to be good for me.

I'm not against offering possible senarios, however in your presentation of them you offered no sence of direction. There are many things that can happen but what is your opinon on which are the most likely choices and what theorems or conclusions might you get from them?

You basically said, what if both of you were Mafia or if both of you were townies or one was one of each, etc. Yes that exhausts all the possible choices, but how does that help us? I'm just surprised you didn't go throught Gorny's entire list of possible roles and attempt to associated them with each of the remaining players.

Anheg said:

Nice. Trying to subtly discredit me ... I almost missed this. This displeases Zhao greatly. You have the audacity to doubt my powers? :surprise:

Tally so far:

Ludacris voted Noodle.
nicro tower voted Noodle.
SiTro voted Zhao.
Bad Ash voted nicro tower
IntelligentX voted nicro tower
Zhao_Yue voted Noodle

So:

Noodle: 3
Zhao: 1
nicro tower: 2

Haha, you have no idea. Whats the tally now? I think I'll go with the one with the most votes in the end to get a lynch. I think Noodle's got the most votes now. But lynching a townie is sad :(

If you think Noodle is a townie, why are you voting for him?

Ohh Zhao, no, I don't doubt you may have some power as, as you point out, you nailed BoD quite well.

I don't think your deductive reasoning is firing on all cylinders though; you leave little room for the possibility that i am a townie - which ofcourse i am. This makes me fear your opinions straying too far on the side of wrong.

Following on with my own line of reasoning though, I wouldn't vote for you tonight - I think if you nail another mafia member tonight then you definately deserve to live at least another day. But I do say plainly if you kill a townie - I'd move for lynching because you are a dangerous element.

Playing with fire there? perhaps.

As for my opinions on who's guilty and sense of direction, I offer so many scenarios because that's all I can do right now - I don't have a fully formed direction on who to choose. Another reason to back not voting a lynch on you because you have the power to maybe help us find possible mafia one day faster at a time.

I'm looking at those who voted for crowd control though, while yes it turned out to be a good choice in terms of him being the psycho, but only he and gorny knew that. They all jumped on the aforementioned bandwagon quickly.

My eyes are pointed at some of those - enough mafia voted to give a decisive vote, but not necessarily enough to out-and-out consider them all being in league with eachother.

Gorny: I haven't voted for Zhao, as far as I'm aware. I did quote a post of Noodle's where he voted for Zhao, but that was from yesterday.

Why are we debating whether Zhao is clean or not?

Anheg: aman wasn't suggesting we lynch Zhao.

Correct, I miscounted the vote with SiTro voting for Zhao.

His supposed shadow vote is stricken from the record.
I was also informed of this via PM.

Tally so far:

Ludacris voted Noodle.
nicro tower voted Noodle.
Bad Ash voted nicro tower
IntelligentX voted nicro tower
Zhao_Yue voted Noodle

Noodle: 3
nicro tower: 2

I need to stop mentioning Zhao in every sentence. It's becoming some kind of infatuation. :jig:

I don't think your deductive reasoning is firing on all cylinders though; you leave little room for the possibility that i am a townie - which ofcourse i am.

If I can wander a little bit to give some context, when I revise for an exam a lot of how I go about it is based on repetition. I'll read through my notes several times and if there's a formula I need to memorise I look at it over and over again, look away from the page and repeat it to myself a few times until it's ingrained.

Personal opinion, but saying bluntly "I'm a townie", or similar short statements to that effect feels like quite a similar process. If you can get everyone to read it often enough by typing it every now and then sooner or later it'll sink in and you'll be seen as clean. So when I see someone doing that it tends to ring alarm bells with me.

Following on with my own line of reasoning though, I wouldn't vote for you tonight - I think if you nail another mafia member tonight then you definately deserve to live at least another day.

:scratchchin:

Emphasis mine.

I don't think your deductive reasoning is firing on all cylinders though; you leave little room for the possibility that i am a townie - which ofcourse i am. This makes me fear your opinions straying too far on the side of wrong.

"I'm just a townie" - I believe Liquid copyrighted this phrase.

If you are a townie then show me why through your actions. You are not doing such a great job right now.

Anheg said:
Following on with my own line of reasoning though, I wouldn't vote for you tonight - I think if you nail another mafia member tonight then you definately deserve to live at least another day. But I do say plainly if you kill a townie - I'd move for lynching because you are a dangerous element.

Playing with fire there? perhaps.

Someone wanting to lynch a confirmed townie? That is definately a first.

Townies die all the time ... the object of this game is to catch all the Mafia, not save as many townies as you can.

Anheg said:
As for my opinions on who's guilty and sense of direction, I offer so many scenarios because that's all I can do right now - I don't have a fully formed direction on who to choose.

Not willing to commit yourself is a bad sigh.

Anheg said:
Another reason to back not voting a lynch on you because you have the power to maybe help us find possible mafia one day faster at a time.

If I'm not firing on all cylinders, how am I going to do that? :scratchchin:

Anheg said:
I'm looking at those who voted for crowd control though, while yes it turned out to be a good choice in terms of him being the psycho, but only he and gorny knew that. They all jumped on the aforementioned bandwagon quickly.

My eyes are pointed at some of those - enough mafia voted to give a decisive vote, but not necessarily enough to out-and-out consider them all being in league with eachother.

Alright, then who specifically should we consider and what is your take on said persons? Again, not getting into specifics at all is killing your credibility.

Sitro, I'm disappointed in your performance so far ... I know you live in the shadow of my awesomeness, but you can still come nuggets of wisdom once and a while. Don't be an Aman. :whistling:

What do you think the town should do today? Is lynching Noodle not a good choice?

Anyone else find it suspicious that people are voting for others without any explanation whatsoever? I'm talking about Ludacris here, who jumped right onto the Noodle train immediately after Nicro did so...

Today would be huge if we can get another mafia member, so I'm willing to listen to Zhao today since he's a confirmed townie (Unless Gorny is lying to us... ::shakes fist:: ).

Zhao: Who is more suspicious to you between Nicro Tower and Ludacris?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High