Community Forum Mafia Game #1 Trouble at DIII.net!

Re: Community Forum Mafia Game #1 Trouble at DIII.net!

I'm not trying to work together. I just want to get rid of the Mafia without the loss of many townies. And I'm 80% sure Noodle is a mafia. A lot can change during one night. Fyi there is something fishy about you too, Trying to cause mistrust among us townies.

imo Noodle should be lynched this day and we'll see who's the most suspicios next round.

I am not causing mis-trust, I am just stating what I am seeing as everyone else is.

Also, can you explain Luda how you figured out Zhao was the vigilante

Bad Ash, you just lock lynched Noodle before giving him a chance to claim. Bad move IMO.

Noodle, if you claim cop, why didn't you include whom you investigated in that post? You feel that being smug >> helping townies win?

Whomever is the real cop, don't be taken in with Noodle's trick. I would only come out if and only if you got a positive ID on the third Mafia.

Bad Ash, you just lock lynched Noodle before giving him a chance to claim. Bad move IMO.

Noodle, if you claim cop, why didn't you include whom you investigated in that post? You feel that being smug >> helping townies win?

Whomever is the real cop, don't be taken in with Noodle's trick. I would only come out if and only if you got a positive ID on the third Mafia.

I voted before he claimed cop. Go back and look if you dont believe that. Also, everyone was defending their choice to lynch noodle and it seemed like the right move. If he had posted 2 minutes earlier, he wouldnt have received my vote as I would have given him a chance to claim a role on people he investigated

I know ... usually when a person is on the chopping block, you let him claim so we can milk as much information from him as possible. Now that he's condemned, he isn't going to give us anything if he's guilty. If he was the cop, then we might have looked at all options and seriously considered his lynch more thoughally.

I know ... usually when a person is on the chopping block, you let him claim so we can milk as much information from him as possible. Now that he's condemned, he isn't going to give us anything if he's guilty. If he was the cop, then we might have looked at all options and seriously considered his lynch more thoughally.

I apologize. I wasn't aware it was the locking vote. I should have done the math. I thought he only had 6? and there is 12 of us left?

I am not causing mis-trust, I am just stating what I am seeing as everyone else is.

Also, can you explain Luda how you figured out Zhao was the vigilante

Because I have a phd. But also he opened the letter and seemed to really know what's in it then just joke about it and later he said that Gorny had PM'ed him the content. So either he just made that up but he seemed convincing enough. And call it a hunch but I knew he wasn't an ordinary townie.

Nope, Noodle didn't investigate anyone. Too busy with weekend RL stuff - coaching little league, etc. You'll see the truth of my claim at the end of the day. To the townies - keep in mind that mafia can use "annoying" as a justification to lynch someone, as they know who is townie and who isn't. A townie basing a lynch vote on the same criterion is impossible to justify, as they must take much greater care in selecting their target so as to not inadvertently kill one of their own.

I apologize. I wasn't aware it was the locking vote. I should have done the math. I thought he only had 6? and there is 12 of us left?

Only 10 players left, so 6 to lynch. Unforutately if Noodle does somehow turn up townie, that would look bad for you.

Because I have a phd. But also he opened the letter and seemed to really know what's in it then just joke about it and later he said that Gorny had PM'ed him the content. So either he just made that up but he seemed convincing enough. And call it a hunch but I knew he wasn't an ordinary townie.

When you are in a hole, you should stop digging. You might be forcing yourself to play your hand too early.

Nope, Noodle didn't investigate anyone. Too busy with weekend RL stuff - coaching little league, etc. You'll see the truth of my claim at the end of the day. To the townies - keep in mind that mafia can use "annoying" as a justification to lynch someone, as they know who is townie and who isn't. A townie basing a lynch vote on the same criterion is impossible to justify, as they must take much greater care in selecting their target so as to not inadvertently kill one of their own.

A cop that never investigated? Two nights in a row? And I thought lynching a confirmed townie was the surprise of the game.

Zhao, there are 11 left. We started with 13, and have lose Jrlafrance and BoD Trader. 11/2 = 5.5 rounded up = 6 + 1 = 7. We need 7 to lynch Noodle, so its not locked in yet.

Do you remember Crowd Control? And how he was pwned yesterday? :whistling:

10 players / 2 = 5

5 + 1 = 6 votes for a locked lynch.

gg

Only 10 players left, so 6 to lynch. Unforutately if Noodle does somehow turn up townie, that would look bad for you.

When you are in a hole, you should stop digging. You might be forcing yourself to play your hand too early.

The pieces will fall where they will, but it wasn't a vote where I knew it was the lock. In hindsight I saw people defending their votes even though I dis-agreed with it, and I should have done the math. forgot about the CC lynch, stupid mistake on my part

I'm not digging a hole. I'm supporting my theory.

Oh well, not much we can really do about that now. All you can do now is just keep on playing.

Since Noodle is slated for death, he will probably not give up much more information to work with. What does everyone think should should be the next lynch possibility? If you don't have confidence in lynching a specific person, who are your suspects and why?

zhao is correct.

Lynch vote locked on Noodle.

When you call 911, Noodle will no longer answer.

@Zhao, lynching a confirmed townie maybe, but only when they have the power to knock off any other forumer based on whatever evidence they feel is correct. As I said I think you have some decent reasoning power, but you aren't always correct. This is why my opinion is to watch your results closely. I think you might have some ideas, but pretty much purely based on your comments towards me, I don't think you as qualified in your role as you'd like to be.

@SiTro: That was a clever use of bolding, i see what you did there. These sort of things cannot be defended against once pointed out, to do so makes me look guilty - to not do so makes me look guilty. The lynching happens in the evening, so yeah my comment was either mafia-oriented or i meant tonight he would be voted for lynch. For the record, I meant lynch :)

Now a comment towards my lack of decision making - I don't feel this kills my credibility. I have suspicions, ideas, yes all that perhaps. But the only people that can fully back up their motives are the hackers. Other people need sound reasoning before they vote to lynch someone that could be an ally.

As such i'm sticking to my non-commital stance at this moment in time - however as noodle's fate is sealed anyway it won't matter this day who i do or do not feel is worth the lynch(though i plan to make a vote by the end of the day regardless). In my view my non-commital stance shows me to be a wavering forumer, but perhaps to you it's to hide my own guilt, you'll see in time if my word is true or not. Also i'd like to point out that not everybody so far seems to share suspicions such as you, so maybe my post style isn't as suspicious as you seem to think?

Sorry if I've missed replying to any one particular comment, had to go over 2-3 pages and right this relatively quickly. I'm sure you'll point out if I missed something(if I don't see it during re-read later)

zhao is correct.

Lynch vote locked on Noodle.

When you call 911, Noodle will no longer answer.

Damn, we've been screwed! He WAS the cop.

This is what I meant about the bandwagon!

I *do* have to admit though, noodle didn't do much to defend himself =/ but still...an example of voting too surely too early

Now that I think of it, Aman's lack of table consistancy is very disconcerning. He should probably be considered a prime candidate for lynching in the future.

Yikes, that was a bit much. Even someone like Aman probably figured it out by now. :tongue:

Heh people have been pretty oblivious.

Anyway I think Noodle is just messing with us about the cop thing. Gorny wouldn't reveal his role when he hasn't even been lynched yet so I think we'll make the right decision.

As for other suspects. I think Aman and IntelligentX are trying to stay under the radar. Maybe a bit too much, or they're just busy?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High