These Stickies are Made for Reading Thread - Summer 2007 i

lulz

Tres Leche Strawberry filled cake will pwn pecan pie any day..

Looks like the Empires are gonna be around for a while because i know the Wolfens wont surrender.

I don't really like ice cream. But pecan. Gieb.

i like pie.

Fur pie doesn't sell.

he's sounding more and more wolfy, must be working

can't say I've had trouble finding pecan pie, now pralines, those can be trouble

or pistachio ice cream, nobody has pistachio ice cream any more

Baskin & Robins does some great pistachio. Pricey though.

New forum game.

Pie fight.

You can only do this to someone that you can see online.

Send someone a PM and in the message throw a pie at their face. You cannot throw one back in response buy you can forward the pie to an unsuspecting target.

but i'm always looked as offline... to play would i have to come online?

Kinda figured that ;-) Gorny can't you be normal for this game? huh? Pweasssse?

Gorny, normal. Hahahahahahahaha.

*cough*

If you're going to use ingredients I've never heard of, it doesn't count.

*chucks Tiswas-style custard pie at Gorny*

Hi guys.

I'm sitting in Da Nang right now, halfway through my tour of the northern half of Vietnam. One thing I learned, them northern folks have a really funny accent. :badteeth: There are times I had to ask them to repeat stuff numerous times before I could understand them. They also had to ask the same of me when I spoke with my southern accent. =P

$500 for a 12 day tour; not bad eh? They stuck us in 3-star hotels, which was good, since I can sleep pretty much anywhere, as long as the room has a Western toilet instead of that dreaded squat toilet dealie. We even got transferred to a 4-star hotel in Ha Long Bay cos the other hotel we were going to be staying at kind of caught fire a few hours before we arrived. :sad2:

It is freakin' hot here. That in itself isn't that bad of a deal, but it's also humid. So I sweat...a lot, so much so that my shirt is drenched in the back after 15 minutes out in the sun. It's uncomfortable on the tour bus, but it's well-worth it for the experiences and sights. There's some nice looking places around here. If it wasn't so gawd-awful hot+humid, I might spend a little more time just wandering the streets and gawk at random stuff.

Two days ago, we visited Ho Chi Minh's mausoleum. You know how weird it is to see a body that's been preserved for 38 years? Ho Chi Minh was just laying there like he was sleeping; I almost expected him to just wake up and say "Good morning!!!!!" to us. Surreal experience.

I think our currency could use a makeover. The bills are ugly as sin, and the coins aren't exactly shiny collectables either. However, it makes me feel like a big pimp when the dinner bill comes and it comes out to *insert large number in VND here* cos it's such a big number. I'm still struggling to spend the money I brought over. I treated myself and 5 friends to a lobster dinner at a fancy restaurant in Nha Trang a few days before the tour, only to find out that it only took about 50 USD out of my budget. :grin:

The one thing that's putting me off though about this tour is the number of times I get accosted by peddlers near the tourist sites and hotels. I understand their lives are hard and they don't make that much money, and that selling their wares on the streets is the only way they can scrape together enough money to survive, but there's a limit to how many times I can be poked, prodded, and pressured to buy various trinkets before I start becoming annoyed. The minute I set foot outside the hotel, a swarm of peddlers come around me, showing candy, postcards, books, etc. and asking me to buy some. It's tiring at times, but just something I just need to learn to deal with I guess. It's not just being hounded; there's also the fear of getting my wallet yoinked.

Anyhoo, just another random rambling post and greetings from Da Nang. See you guys in another week. :wave:

Ewwww...that pie reeked of Gornyscent.

UWAGA? Whose idea of a war cry was that? :wink:

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High