Best Weapon For WWBarb?

arbing said:
wow that barb you duel just plain sucks when he lost to your no block 2handed barb with his grief/ss (a barb slapping on grief/ss doesn't mean he's a decent pvper). By the way what's your life?

Wow ok so you're saying I suck because I don't block, yet many suggestions here were of two handed weapons also, where were you when they suggested a gpa or ghost spear?

My life is unfortunately too low, I put too much into str, my life was 938

meatydik said:
Wow ok so you're saying I suck because I don't block, yet many suggestions here were of two handed weapons also, where were you when they suggested a gpa or ghost spear?

u obviously dueled noobs cuz an acverage bvb barb has like 4.5k-5k hp and max dr + max block and high defence so u would have died in 1-2 wws with that kinda hp.

if that is hp before bo then at best ur netting 2K+ hp.

No barb would lost to another barb with those stats.

sirwhere said:
Mah ww babo is currently using a "sucky" steeldriver martel-de-fer with 248% ed and 60% ias (shael - next-to-last ww break). He has absolutely no problem killing stuff in hell.

Sure, he doesn't obliterate all monsters in 8ppl games in 1-hit, but he does get the job done thankyouverymuch :rolleyes:

You missed the point completely in pvp everything is important hence why u would rarely see a barb using a 2 hander and the standard is duelwielding or weap + shield.

Wot may be applyable in pvm does not mean it can be applied to pvp as in pvp, performance>rest

meatydik said:

you miss my point completely, a bva/ bvb (assuming with 75% block and decent choice of gears (which you seems to lack) and skills (which you also seems to lack)) WILL NOT lost more than 10% of the time when facing a dual wield/ 2handers barb on a head to head ww battle. Your life is 938? even my level 31 hammerdin have 1231 life... which also proof you know nothing about barbs. I doubt that you could win against ANYONE other than that barb you were dueling :rolleyes:.

for your information:
dual wield > 2handers in pvp and
ebotd gpa/ ghost spear>>> ebotd tm and please quote where i say no block = sucky barb? don't make things up, ok? I am only saying the barb that you duel suck because he die to your barb that has only 938 life plus bvb (but i dont think he is a bvb or even a pvper at all) should win vs a 2hander using barb. and yes your barb suck too...

AND i repeat:
NO I AM NOT SAYING YOU SUCK BECAUSE YOU DON'T BLOCK, my bvc doesnt block either because I dual wield. BUT I AM SAYING YOUR BARB SUCK BECAUSE
1) ALL your gear choices suck or just plain wrong
2) Your barb's life suck beyond my/ anyone's believe
3) only newbies make mistake of putting THAT much str for a pvper.
4) The owner of the barb knows NOTHING about barb AND pvp.

"3) only newbies make mistake of putting THAT much str for a pvper"

Hello titan barbs, they aren't exactly extinct, just different gear mechanics.
I haven't looked at this guys build but to say pumping up str is newb..ugh. Your giving the totally wrong impression to anyone who is a new player. Who doesn't have a vast fortune or other wise. Im not even going to get started with all the shadiness that is Diablo2 as far as actual items go. But you get what you paided for.

That whole post makes my brain hurt, I've been sitting pretty idle for awhile about this thread, but wow.

Let me make this quite clear. It's a click based game. I click you die, Its just that simple, its a game designed specifically for kids,specifically younger kids, doesn't mean adults can't play it, its just how the game was designed, just like World of Warcraft, now if you want skill based game play Everquest, where abilities, healing, splitting, pulling, line of sight all are factors in process of playing.

Im by no means a great barb, I never claimed to be but I've played MMO's long enough to where skill lays and doesnt.
And Diablo2 is not one of them. If you can't see that or understand that then I dont know what to say.

hello titans barbs.... titans barbs doesnt do as well as vita barb in pvp period. Secondly Learn to READ carefully it said 'make mistake' NOT 'putting str on purpose'. :rolleyes:

oh please not those 'd2 pvp doesnt need skill only gear' type of post/person AGAIN.
So what is your point? it is design for younger kids, doesn't make it non-skill related game at all esp. in pvp. You are dealing with a human being in pvp not some low Ai monsters. even if i give you my old not so rich bvc i highly doubt you could clear a pub pvp room.
PVP requires gears + skills
It's ALOT more than 'i click button A and you die' type of game. breakpoints, gear select, gears switch, stats, resist, skill point placement, where you cast your spells, the ability to namelock, tactics, teamwork (in team duels), being offesive/ defensive, reflex, when to recast etc etc etc. ALL are needed for PVP.
By saying that, you are right for one thing,
Yes you are by no means a great barb nor a half decent pvper at all.

P.S learn to read and play better before you comment please ^^

Haha, cute.
Im not "one of those people" but see I know the truth, understand and accept it. As for Diablo2 you can go ahead and ask Blizzard, theory behind diablo2 from a marketing and target player base standpoint.

I could agrue about this all day but there really isn't much point, now is there not that Im wrong or right, I just dont care, but I do care when people start talking about how much skill it is to click BLessed Hammer macro and teleport to someone and kill them because it does 15k damage. Things like the amazing work that is done and the depth people take to figure it out, I dont discredit.

Not, it really isn't, you can hide behind formulas and breakpoints but what it comes down to is clicking. Breakpoints and formulas for blocking and all that nonsense is to give the game depth because its straight forward and most of that only applies to one small fraction of that game which is completely unbalanced because of itemization. Without all the math, the game would simply just be running from Den of Evil to Baal three times in a row at different diffculties. As for learning to play, heh Im really not gunna even getting started with that. lts not worth my time, and i'll comment when I please.

You dont even know who I am to even judge me as a half ddecient pvp or a good or bad barb, thats why I make the claim myself. I know my own abilities as a player, both in d2 and in my regular MMO games I play, which Icould go into great detail, in the difference of skill levels
Shaftstop is my forum name nothing remotely close my actual account or player names, which I chose to keep anon.

ok here goes ^^
first a hammerdin that tele on top and bh someone 100% of the time isnt skilled.
secondly being able to select and use the gear/ tactics to deal with diff. chars or even SAME char but diff. style of playing isn't skill related in your book.
third just because you use a mouse to click doesn't means it's non-skill related, reflex, tactics counts.
forth if you think d2 is a non skill related game, try duel against a good ghost and a bad ghost. Or better yet play one yourself.
fifth i judge you as not even a half decent pvper base on your post. Becuase only people who don't know about pvp claims it only an 'click you die' type of game.

Well your wrong and dont base people on anything especially text unless you meet them in game, thats ... well never mind. But its because I spent all my time in either Hardcore Ladder or Ladder pvping that I can say this. Different classes my current pvpbarb is a 2hand WW low lvl barb with per Hone Sundan.
Gearwise nothing changes everyone uses the same stuff, same weapons same gear, find me any melee class who doesn't use BOTD/grief/Beast or the 50 other most common items, perhaps I'd look at it differently.
For now its all about gear and items, not much else, theres no line of sight, no real damage prevention, seriously major player vs player imbalances, 15k Hammers, 3k, charged bolts from a amazon (my cow farmer is only 3220 with full MF gear) 21k fireballs, list goes on. throw on one or two absorb items casters become useless.

a person can pvp for many years and still suck.
yes people use grief/beast because they are the VERY strong (if not the strongest). but i am talking about gear switching/ getting to such and such breakpoints without losing some important stats/ turns things into your favour by gear switching. Plus you only said that because people already make the build for you, try coming up with a build like bvc and the gears require for it.

When everyone has almost the same gear... what makes some players stands out and other players that uses the same gears suck? SKILLS makes the difference between good players and bad players..... you just proved my point :rolleyes: . AS i ALWAYS said pvp requires BOTH gears AND skills.... a really elite player with decent gear can beat a bad player with the most expensive gear easily.

your point? almost every type of char have it's own uphill battle. just because an hammerdin have 15k unresistable damaging hammer doesnt means a windy with 6k 50% reduce-able cannot kill. some form of attacks have the advantage over some others. it's like A beats B, B beats C and C beats A type of things (but it's more complex than that of course).

Sigh no it doesn't.
I've made a BvC, I've made BvA and BVB, I tried to make a Vitabarb but Inever really got that build off the ground because Ididn't like the damage, I've made pretty much everything but a WWsin and Kicker, Ive only played an assasin once and all my toons are untwinked and never leech games. What does that have to do with anything, absolutely nothing.

Your missing the point if you still dont understand, I dont know what to say other then try some other games out once and awhile and you will see.

If everyone has the same gear, they can only do one thing hope for a lucky hit, Im not gunna discuss it any further, because im raiding at the moment, sigh Patchwerk hateful strikes are brutal, I hate Naxxramas if anyone plays WoW at all.

bvc damage is fine. yes i play many other games and yes they too requires skill just like d2 does, just different skills needed, you are the one that miss the point by saying that "d2 pvp doesnt requires skills at all, it is just click and win" type of game

for example: my bvc/ necro/windy etc. have the SAME gears/ stats as you, why would i be able to clear the entire pub pk room where as you die 1 vs 1 against a pub dueler? the difference is both players is at a different skill levels.

If they have the same gear, they're gunna have the same ammount of DR, Armor, Attack Rating, and Blocking, what else is going to determine the outcome? Maybe reaction time, ping and computers.
Wether or not barb_01 is gunna WW counterclock wise with a pretzel formation versus the second barb who half WW's clockwise with grandmaster skittles technique?

we are not talking about barb vs barb dueling only. pvp does not only allow same class vs same class, get your fact right. also even barb vs barb have different setup too, raw damage, ow etc. (btw i don't do bvb). Learn to read AGAIN.
WE are talking about geneal pvp, where skill DOES make a different. READ please...... you are making yourself sounds like an idiot.

here "READ" what i am writing now and i have cap and quote the words that you will most likely to miss for you... my bvc could clear an entire room of pubs in a pk game which has "DIFFERENT" class in it. Where as some sucky player using the "SAME" bvc could die 10 times to one of the necro in that pub game and cannot get a single kill... what makes those different? Why does someone can clear an entire pk room where as one would lost terribly? the answer is "SKILL" .

P.S now is it clear enough for you?

shaftstop said:
If they have the same gear, they're gunna have the same ammount of DR, Armor, Attack Rating, and Blocking, what else is going to determine the outcome? Maybe reaction time, ping and computers.
Wether or not barb_01 is gunna WW counterclock wise with a pretzel formation versus the second barb who half WW's clockwise with grandmaster skittles technique?
who the hell cares about bvb?

I never said BVB either I just said PVP.
Its clear but you still not understand. Im not going to argue with you just for the sake of agruing.

About 2-handers being worthless: back in D2 classic 1.06, I once had the following duel:

Me: Sword/shield vita babo with low defense
Skill level: high
Tactic: dodge opponent's whirl and start one of my own when his was finishing (usual at the time - pvp penalty was 1/2 and there was no damage reduction, so any hit was pretty much a kill).

Opponent: Lance vita babo with low defense
Skill level: insanely good ;)
Tactic: short whirls using the range 5 of the lance to clip me while my sword wasn't in range.

We had like 50 rounds of fighting with ok pings. At the beginning it was like 0-20 for him.. lol. After a while I got the hang of it and started predicting his clipping manoevers. Then I got a few wins on head-on colisions, courtesy of the shield, which helped me tank better. In the end it evened out and we finished like 15-35 for him.

Today's pvp is, of course, very different. But back in D2 1.06 2-handers were absolutely playable in bvb if the babos had roughly equal defense :)

"that barb you duel just plain sucks when he lost to your no block 2handed barb" -arbing

That's pretty much what u implied.

And also, I had 2k health, not the other guy, now I'm not saying that the ss/weapon combo is worthless, as it was pretty much even in wins/losses with him. However, that wasn't the only barb I dueled either. I have beaten many other barbs and other classes as I said in one of my other posts.

The other barbs I usually dueled were people like you, thinking damn! 2 handers suck, I'm gonna duel this guy!

Then guess what, I won. I know they aren't you, but that's an example of some of the barbs I dueled.

Also, you attack about 2 to 3 times when you WW, the chance of him blocking all 3 is very slim, my friend was a pally with max chance to block and 30k defense, and it never took more than 2 WW runs to hit him.

Although ghost spears have greater range, the tm packs a much greater hit, which is my preference.

There's a simple strategy for WW's, if against another WW barb, just do short WW runs, and run around A LOT so that he can't whirlwind to you as your just finishing, then WW him as he's finishing. Then repeat basically. Leap is pretty good too as it stuns/knockbacks you and if you're not on guard, he can easily WW you as you're recovering from that.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High