Zombies invade Atlantis. Stargate zombie Mafia game.

You're right numbers. What's really worrisome is that BPC has posted elsewhere. I know I'm going to get scum points for pointing it out because one time I noted that CG had been on but not posting and people jumped all over for me and we decided as a group that "profile scumming" was a bad play. In that case, it was what tipped me off that CG was scum (and he was).

In this case, I'm not trying to use it against BPC so I hope the game will forgive me for pointing out that BPC has posted this day phase ... just not to the game thread. If I may, I would like to quote the relevant bit of the story from the open of the day, which TC has said gives us some clue to what went on last night:

Now, CG claims the first part doesn't refer to him getting pretty injured last night and claims that the injuries have been piling up over time, so it's hard to know for sure if he was actually targeted (and saved) by the doc last night, especially since there is reference to "one death" and someone named "Halan" managing to make an android of said person.

I would speculate, because that's all I can do at the moment, that BPC was that death and perhaps the process of being made an android includes some downsides. Perhaps it takes time to "boot up" or something? BPC is clearly around and I have to think would be involved in this discussion if he could be, which leads me to believe it's a game mechanic thing.

If I'm wrong, we're kinda running out of time BPC and it would be helpful for you to post if you can.

That's a decent speculation on why he may not be able to talk if he actually is post restricted. Usually post restrictions aren't that severe, but it's not unbelievable. I don't understand why Korial wouldn't help us out with some of this information though.

I'm growing extremely uneasy about bpc. I can understand waiting a bit to give results, and I think that's a town move, but this is too much. I'm struggling to find a good town reason for not being active in today's conversation.

What do you think of my spitballing in post #855 about that?

The rare triple post - Korial posted a few times at start of day and basically refused to answer about the android thing calling it rolefishing.

Well, I assumed from the early talk that there were two attempted deaths last night and that there was a doc save and some other effect. If the "Halan" (Harlan?) mentioned in the story is korialstraz and the androidification was what was hinted at yesterday, then it stands to reason that CG was doc saved last night. A doc save generally implies a night kill foiled, and thus I was operating on the assumption that CG got targeted last night and since a doc usually cannot save the same person twice, it seemed reasonable that the responsible party would simply finish the job tonight.

All of that becomes muddied if he wasn't actually targeted for a kill last night. Even so, he's hard claiming a town power role and admitted that he wanted to get targeted to be killed last night, so it stands to reason that he's likely to die, and thus my question: is it a town move to be a power role and let only the scum see your flip?

I can think of a few infrequent roles where this might be the right move, but if he's town, the scum can think of those few roles too.

It's still a stretch to say he's likely to die tonight. But yes, baring a few circumstances it's best to give that info to town.

I did respond to that, just in case you missed it.

Yeah ... we were posting at the same time. I appreciate the response. My best guess is that whatever happened likely happened to BPC and probably had a penalty associated with it. BPC doesn't just abandon a mafia game.

@CG: Can you just provide a concise summary of what you were trying to accomplish this and last day phase?

Yesterday I had reason to believe I was not going to survive the night. With the possibility of two deaths on top of my own, I figured we had a very real chance at seeing three deaths in the course of the night. That's a lot of bodies hitting the floor, and I wanted to mitigate some of the questions that come with it. If three people died, then I would have been one of them, and if the town had reason to believe that I knew I was going to die even before the night phase began, that should be one less unknown variable to worry over.

I also wanted to attempt to draw a night kill, either from the mafia or Numbers, didn't care which. If I could eat a bullet instead of just falling over from too many injuries, at least then I'd have served a purpose. I was trying to give off a Lovers vibe without using the words, but I may not have succeeded at that so well.

I could see a town power role getting themselves injured as a cost for whatever they're doing. I could also see a scum power role having a deteriorating condition. Zombies rot, after all. And no offense or implication that the name is for sure a lie, but there's a LOT of characters on that wiki. Giving the name of a good guy doesn't clear anybody at this point, especially since flips are including names and thus it's likely the scum team(s) have names to choose from for fake claims now.

There's no downside to actually claiming and revealing the role at this point. CG claims the doctor saved him last night, so he almost certainly can't be saved tonight. In this case the scum team will get his flip and role but the town won't. It's actually counter-productive to keep the info from the town since the scum are likely to get it.

My name is Mod-confirmed via story. At what point would I have taken it from someone who died, or why would TC mention in story someone who's dead (but hey, the doc patched him up!), or why has nobody counter-claimed me?

What makes you think I have a power role? There are two scenarios here:

A) I'm town, and have no reason to lie. I never said I have a power role; you're just assuming that for some insane reason. (Tangent: Why are you assuming that?)

B) I'm scum, do have a power role, and for some reason fake claimed a crappy role about having injuries, including breadcrumbs. Not only that, but I explicitly mentioned the possibility of multiple deaths the day before. Why would I have done that as scum?

I think that BPC is restricted by the mod for this dayphase. Reason: No "BPC has to post or will be modkilled" message by TC. He did that D1 IIRC.

More comments later. Need to read this day again. Read far too much of it half asleep.

All of that becomes muddied if he wasn't actually targeted for a kill last night. Even so, he's hard claiming a town power role and admitted that he wanted to get targeted to be killed last night, so it stands to reason that he's likely to die, and thus my question: is it a town move to be a power role and let only the scum see your flip?

What's your definition of 'power role'? I think it varies from mine.

That's a decent speculation on why he may not be able to talk if he actually is post restricted. Usually post restrictions aren't that severe, but it's not unbelievable. I don't understand why Korial wouldn't help us out with some of this information though.

Agreed: If BPC was post restricted via something Korial did, then it stands to reason that Korial knows about it.

In fact, I see no reason why Korial shouldn't reveal his target last night. The scum already know who the target was.

Why would a non power role be taking injuries over time? Injuries over time that eventually lead you to keel over and die implies a role of some type. That's the only basis for my assumption.

You've got me on the mod confirmed name. I'm so used to that not being done for alive players that honestly it just sort of didn't occur to me that we've got 2 mod-confirmed names in the story. You and "Halan/Harlan".

As for this:

B) I'm scum, do have a power role, and for some reason fake claimed a crappy role about having injuries, including breadcrumbs. Not only that, but I explicitly mentioned the possibility of multiple deaths the day before. Why would I have done that as scum?

Let's assume you have a power role, because I can't for the life of me imagine why a player without a role would be accruing injuries. Yesterday you make very broad and non-specific claims about expected 3 deaths during the night, one of them being yourself. You draw an apparent doc save out of those posts and get patched up. If you're a bad guy getting injured by whatever it is you get up to at night, that's a brilliant play on your part.

Why would a non power role be taking injuries over time? Injuries over time that eventually lead you to keel over and die implies a role of some type. That's the only basis for my assumption.

You're trying to apply your own moderating logic to a TC game. That's a fallacy. You don't need to imagine a role that simply has a drawback and no positives: TC does.

You're trying to apply your own moderating logic to a TC game. That's a fallacy. You don't need to imagine a role that simply has a drawback and no positives: TC does.

If you're telling the truth, it's even MORE reason to be scared about how stacked the game has to be in favor of the scum for the town to have players who have as their role only drawbacks.

Tell you what Triple A, don't try to put your idea of whats happening and pin it to what i'm doing. k?

Sorry Laarz, didn't mean to drag you into things. I was just getting fed up with CG's nonsense and he said that your statement that CG seems to be claiming a power role was better than me asking CG to clarify if he had gained powers. I didn't understand why and referenced you only to say that your statement and my inquiry both clearly stem from the confusion created by CG. Nothing personal though, I just had to show that I wasn't the only person confused by CG - as has since by confirmed by several other posters today.

On that note, I'm still getting an uneasy feeling from CG and am going to put in a vote now, though I could be convinced to change it.

Vote: Caluin Graye

I meant to add - I don't really have anyone else on my scum radar. BA, you believe kestegs would be a better lynch than Numbers?

I did before the next post that kestegs makes that I quoted. But I would only be a follower on the number lynch train, so not sure I'd vote for him. The SG1/Universe thing is about the only thing that worries me. Otherwise, I haven't had the same read on him as a lot of others have had.

I agree that destroying the stick shouldn't grant me any town points. I destroyed it because it needed to be done.

I also don't consider this to be late in the game. Especially if we likely have 2 scum factions. The stick is only useful late game, so there's no reason to let it get to there.

Where did I strongly defend CG?

Good post. Here, take a townie point.

My name is Mod-confirmed via story. At what point would I have taken it from someone who died, or why would TC mention in story someone who's dead (but hey, the doc patched him up!), or why has nobody counter-claimed me?

What makes you think I have a power role? There are two scenarios here:

A) I'm town, and have no reason to lie. I never said I have a power role; you're just assuming that for some insane reason. (Tangent: Why are you assuming that?)

Another good post from someone I thought was scum. However: What is causing your injuries?

CG says he is a drawback role with no positives, then refuses to dive further.

Seriously, three-four times I've been close to unvoting you and can't do it. I don't see a better lynch target for today. If Korial/BPC want to speak up that would probably be beneficial.

Another good post from someone I thought was scum. However: What is causing your injuries?

I feel like Mustafa from Austin Powers 2.

CG says he is a drawback role with no positives, then refuses to dive further.

... seriously?

Fine, whatever.

I get injured when people are night killed. Too many (six, to be exact) injuries, I die too.

So for everyone playing along at home, here's the entire role:

When someone dies at night, I get injured. Six injuries and I keel over. If the doc protects me, my injuries reset to zero.

That's it. Nothing more.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High