Zombies invade Atlantis. Stargate zombie Mafia game.

I was going to remove my vote because it was more intended as pressure but then I found myself saying "I still think it was a slip though" so not sure why I would unvote at this point in time.

Edit :
Jcakes /Korial /whoever : Is ant's role the only one so far from the other SG show we've seen? If so, do you find that suspicious?

Yes it is the only one so far from SG:U. I am not sure what to think of it to be honest. I kind of expected a lot of atlantis characters, but so far noone has been revealed as a character from Atlantis.

Revealed
Pharphis: Martouf (SG1)
Pyro: Nerus (SG1)

Claimed
Noodle: Adria (SG1)
Korial: Harlan (SG1 - appears to be mod confirmed from story)
BPC - Maybourne (SG1)
Numbers - Ronald Greer (SGU)
CG - Siler (SG1)

Some of these guys do appear in other series (Siler for example has a cameo in SG: Atlantis for 2 episodes). I am going of memory so not sure if I missed any claims.

I was going to remove my vote because it was more intended as pressure but then I found myself saying "I still think it was a slip though" so not sure why I would unvote at this point in time.

I can kind of see the slip, but it feels flimsy.

Edit :
Jcakes /Korial /whoever : Is ant's role the only one so far from the other SG show we've seen? If so, do you find that suspicious?

Also it was numbers that claimed greer not Ant ..... I don't think Ant's claimed yet

Yes numbers claimed town vigilante (x-shot), can only shoot at night, cannot vote the next day. It doesn't make an awful lot of sense but neither does Noodle being lynched and us not getting a flip and neither does 2 kill attempts that both failed last night. Numbers voted and it counted, so the 2 kill attempts seems to confirm that the is almost certainly 2 anti-town factions.

Apparently the doc saved CG (and made him more powerful, so he says) and someone else got turned into a robot.

I think it's more of a slip than flub (or whoever it was last day phase) saying gory was pro-town without any hard info saying so. Someone thinking the person who was just lynched, who had a non-revealing lynch, which android robot parts and weird mechanics coming into play thinking they were still alive...pretty weird.

Disagree. It's quite possible there was only one night kill attempt, and I was not the target.

The story seems to disagree with that CG, story says Siler got pretty injured last night but the doc fixed him up or something to that effect.

I see no logic in your assessment of djmbbandie as probable town. He's had less than 20 posts for the entire game! What is your read on Laarz, he's lurktacular with about 15?? I won't jump on your mudslinging regarding Caluin Graye because I think you've gotten that message loud and clear.

Thanks flubster, lurktaculer another fine word I can add to my collection:wink:

I dont think I have ever seen CG slip in a mafia game.

The story seems to disagree with that CG, story says Siler got pretty injured last night but the doc fixed him up or something to that effect.

No, the story says I had injuries. I've been accumulating injuries since the beginning of the game. Take a look at my first post on Day One and Day Two. The Doctor, by protecting me, clears up my injuries.

None of that requires someone trying to night kill me.

A positive effect in addition to being saved equates to you being more powerful. Role and protection is power in mafia.

This is quite simply not true. You're applying your own incorrect assumptions and coming up with wrong answers.

No, the story says I had injuries. I've been accumulating injuries since the beginning of the game. Take a look at my first post on Day One and Day Two. The Doctor, by protecting me, clears up my injuries.

None of that requires someone trying to night kill me.

So you say now but why wouldn't you just state that before when I asked? And is this the atypical benefits you mentioned or do those come in some other form? You're making vague claims and then you voted for a lynch against me when I asked you to elaborate.

You're creating confusion and, to some extent, creating opportunities for wrongful assumptions. I don't know if this behaviour is scum, neutral, or town. What I do know however, is that it's strange, and once again I'd like to ask, what's the deal? What game are you playing?

Okay, I'm about to say a lot, some of it obvious but hopefully not all. Just going to voice all my thoughts in case it hasn't crossed some people's minds.

First off, the story about Noodle's lynch leads to believe one thing. TC's story talks about a standoff where Noodle's character had an attempted kill on him, but he survived (with confidence). Noodle seems dead, and barring a "resurrection" (is that a mechanic that even happens in these games? I honestly don't know), I'm going to have to believe he was a scum power role. The role seems to now have been passed on to one of his scum minions. That would explain the story and why Noodle's role was not revealed. IMO, this seems like the most likely scenario. I'm not sure how much this hurts BPC's claim. Perhaps Noodle was a role that would be investigated as neutral.

Which leads to my next point. The longer BPC lives, the more skeptical we have to grow about him. It seemed he was a different faction from Pyro (the risk of a move like that would not be worth the reward, if they were in the same faction). I'm not sure about BPC and Noodle yet. Right now the evidence is leaning towards separate groupings but I can think of scenarios that would prove otherwise. With that said, what were your investigation results last night BPC?

Based on the story today, as some concluded, it seems there were two attempted kills last night. Whoever was Siler seemed to have been saved by the doctor and the other target was actually killed by revived as an android. Korial, is there any other information you'd like to give? With TC's inclusion of Harlan in his story, it is an interesting coincidence that Korial claimed right before his supposed effect came into play and it could be labelled as sketchy but I'm inclined to believe him right now. This is going under the assumption that Harlan was a good guy in the SG universe.
There were two kills last night. What do you make of that IWantToHaveNumbersInMyName? You're looking very, very scummy to me now. It seems like after your inability to vote was outed, you had to quickly come up with a fake claim to try to justify it. I'd be very happy to lynch you today barring new information.

I have absolutely no idea why there "may" have been two kills last night. Based on the story there appeared to be a doctor save, but I think korial will have to enlighten us on whether or not the android thing actually means there was another kill averted as well. The only reason I voted on Pyro's train was specifically to see what peoples answers were to certain questions I posed at the time, as well as seeing if the fact that my vote didn't count was noticed. There was absolutely no reason for me to vote on that train and "out" myself, as you put it, were I scum. That would have been a terrible decision in every way. Vig is also a terrible way to explain my inability to vote. A lie about being targeted by some other role would have been a much better idea, and basically unverifiable. Instead, I created a situation where I had to prove who I was to everyone else. Sounds like the worst fake claim ever. With the information you have right now, there were two kills on N2, with me unable to vote on D2, then one kill on N3, with me able to vote D3, and then no kills, but possibly two attempts, N4, with me again able to vote D4. Either I was targeted by another role/used an ability unrelated to the extra kill on N2 which cost me my vote the next day, and haven't used it since, or everything about my role and power are as I stated/I was only targeted by this vote losing ability on N2.

Let's look at those scenarios assuming I'm scum: Were I targeted by this mystery role, were they town, upon seeing me using my "fake" claim to avoid suspicion, they could confirm what they did, and have thus cemented my lynch yesterday instead of noodles. That didn't happen. If the person targeting me was a scum partner of my own, a number of questions are raised. Why haven't they used this power on anybody else? Why did they use it on me?Why did I make it obvious that I was unable to vote by trying to vote on a guaranteed train?

I apologize for all of that, and what is almost certainly a case of what I would consider someone trying too hard to avoid suspicion, but once I started thinking about the ramifications of a situation where my vig powers are a fake claim, it looked more and more ridiculous to me.

You and I agree on how questionable BPC is. That's good. It's actually the only reason I'm not switching my vote to you right now.

Resurrections have happened in these games, but I don't think they're common or smiled upon based upon reaction of the players during the game I was part of in which they happened. Noodle could have very well have been a scum power role with a variant of godfather that only investigated as neutral instead of town, but also jumps to other members of their faction once they've been killed. That seems at least plausible.

CG wants to know why Noodle isn't an option for Moar to vote.

He then makes sure we know that he thought Noodle just evaded the lynch.

Quite possible, and I am not sure my vote will last long, but for now, I am comfortable with it. Sounds to me like CG knows more about Noodle than anyone else does which could easily be a result from QT chat. Classic slip.

I also find it hard to believe that if CG honestly thought Noodle evaded a lynch, this would be one of his main talking points, not saying Moar should be voting for Noodle cause he seems "up to something"

Okay, that kinda clears it up. I don't really see it myself, but if Noodle were to return to play that would change things.

Yes it is the only one so far from SG:U. I am not sure what to think of it to be honest. I kind of expected a lot of atlantis characters, but so far noone has been revealed as a character from Atlantis.

Revealed
Pharphis: Martouf (SG1)
Pyro: Nerus (SG1)

Claimed
Noodle: Adria (SG1)
Korial: Harlan (SG1 - appears to be mod confirmed from story)
BPC - Maybourne (SG1)
Numbers - Ronald Greer (SGU)
CG - Siler (SG1)

Some of these guys do appear in other series (Siler for example has a cameo in SG: Atlantis for 2 episodes). I am going of memory so not sure if I missed any claims.

That's interesting. My character is also based out of sg-1 as far as I can tell.

Also it was numbers that claimed greer not Ant ..... I don't think Ant's claimed yet

Right, that's what I meant.

Yes numbers claimed town vigilante (x-shot), can only shoot at night, cannot vote the next day. It doesn't make an awful lot of sense but neither does Noodle being lynched and us not getting a flip and neither does 2 kill attempts that both failed last night. Numbers voted and it counted, so the 2 kill attempts seems to confirm that the is almost certainly 2 anti-town factions.

Apparently the doc saved CG (and made him more powerful, so he says) and someone else got turned into a robot.

Numbers still could have killed someone. We can't really trust anything he's said.

So you say now but why wouldn't you just state that before when I asked? And is this the atypical benefits you mentioned or do those come in some other form? You're making vague claims and then you voted for a lynch against me when I asked you to elaborate.

Laarz didn't ask me a question. He pointed out what he thought was an inconsistency and then said what his own interpretation was. You, on the other hand, asked me direct questions pertaining to my role and powers. That's the difference between a townie and a scum.

You're creating confusion and, to some extent, creating opportunities for wrongful assumptions. I don't know if this behaviour is scum, neutral, or town. What I do know however, is that it's strange, and once again I'd like to ask, what's the deal?

If I just give all the answers to everyone right away, then I get nothing in return. No reads on players, no discussion, no chance to manipulate scum into making wrong moves. That's how I play.

What game are you playing?

... Zombies invade Atlantis Mafia? I feel like this is a trick question.

Laarz didn't ask me a question. He pointed out what he thought was an inconsistency and then said what his own interpretation was. You, on the other hand, asked me direct questions pertaining to my role and powers. That's the difference between a townie and a scum.

If I just give all the answers to everyone right away, then I get nothing in return. No reads on players, no discussion, no chance to manipulate scum into making wrong moves. That's how I play.

... Zombies invade Atlantis Mafia? I feel like this is a trick question.

Laarz was following along with the misguided train of thought that you were trying to guide everyone along. Now that people have noticed you're acting strangely and either lying or being purposefully vague you've changed your tactics a bit and provided more information. My question was, why have you been putting out these mysterious statements and what trap are you trying to set?

You say that you're trying to manipulate scum into making wrong moves but it seems instead that you're just trying to find anybody to pin attention on if suspicion starts to build against one of your partners or, as we just saw, if suspicion starts to build against you. You only voted against me once people started to feel your behaviour was too damning to go unnoticed. Further, you're trying really hard to convince people of things and to get people to talk about the topics you want and I don't know why. I feel that all of this is a pretty clear justification for my curiosity. I wasn't accusatory in any of my posts, I objectively asked for more information.

You make the claim that asking for clarification is a scum move but I don't understand why that would be so. Your statements are suspect and warrant investigation. I don't know if your version of the truth is real or if you are trying to create a perspective in the group which supports you and your cohorts. In any case, I find it very off-putting that you would be so defensive about the unclear posts you've been making that you would vote for a lynch against me in response to me asking for clarification.

CG is just bringing obfuscation to the game, and he's declared that it's scummy to ask him to clear things up. Gee, there's nothing scummy at all about that.

I am headed out to take my wife to see Rod Stewart tonight (delayed anniversary dinner+concert) and the venue is a couple hours away so I'm headed out pretty soon and very unlikely to be back at any sort of reasonable hour. I will try and catch up when I get back, but I think my vote is in the right place.

If for some reason CG decides to be helpful to the town and clear things up instead of kicking up clouds of confusion and OMGUSing anyone who questions him, then it may be a good idea to evaluate whatever claim he comes up with that could possibly match all the hinting and innuendo he's put up, but I suspect he's going to try and keep making cryptic statements until he gets someone else to draw attention off of himself.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High