Y.A.W.P's Warcraft Themed Pen 'n Paper RPG style Mafia Game Game Thread

Re: Y.A.W.P's Warcraft Themed Pen 'n Paper RPG style Mafia Game Game Thread

Feeling a bit upset about Gorny. Doomhammer is one of the biggest hero's of the horde. He must've had some sort of special ability. I really can't imagine what Gorny was getting at.

Many hints have been given, but I don't know if the mafia have the ability to pick them up. I don't know if adventurers have the ability to pick them up.

I'm having a hard time deciding how much more to tell. Under some circumstances, any revelation I could make will make things easier for the mafia. Under other circumstances, easier for the pro-town recruiting faction. Under yet other circumstances, my ideas are useless.

Among the differing criteria: Can recruiters night talk with the recruited? Can a pro-town recruiter kill a mafia recruitee?

I doubt there is any way the recruiters are going to let us know, so I'm left with educated guesses. I'm guessing the answer to the first question is yes, and the answer to the second question is no. If those guesses are correct, then the pro-town team didn't kill a mafia recruited Dragomir last night. If that is true, then I don't feel I am endangering the town by my silence.

That may seem a bit obtuse, but it means that Dragomir was recruited by the pro-town group, if recruited at all, and he could tell them the critical info. If Dragomir wasn't recruited first, that casts doubt on the idea of mafia recruiting the recruitable while killing the non-recruitable at night, the premise of my current working theory.

filth and depression. BWAHAHA!

:bored:

Are you trying to copy Gorny with more crazy talk? Cause I'll just vote you too for the same reason. Did your role involve killing Gorny? Are you perhaps a neutral who just fulfilled it's winning condition?

Vote: Leopold Stotch

Fight: Sathoris

wanted to do that to Ankeli but Gorny might have known somethin so lets see where this leads

Many hints have been given, but I don't know if the mafia have the ability to pick them up. I don't know if adventurers have the ability to pick them up.

I'm having a hard time deciding how much more to tell. Under some circumstances, any revelation I could make will make things easier for the mafia. Under other circumstances, easier for the pro-town recruiting faction. Under yet other circumstances, my ideas are useless.

Among the differing criteria: Can recruiters night talk with the recruited? Can a pro-town recruiter kill a mafia recruitee?

I doubt there is any way the recruiters are going to let us know, so I'm left with educated guesses. I'm guessing the answer to the first question is yes, and the answer to the second question is no. If those guesses are correct, then the pro-town team didn't kill a mafia recruited Dragomir last night. If that is true, then I don't feel I am endangering the town by my silence.

That may seem a bit obtuse, but it means that Dragomir was recruited by the pro-town group, if recruited at all, and he could tell them the critical info. If Dragomir wasn't recruited first, that casts doubt on the idea of mafia recruiting the recruitable while killing the non-recruitable at night, the premise of my current working theory.

im so confused by what you just said.

Are you trying to copy Gorny with more crazy talk? Cause I'll just vote you too for the same reason. Did your role involve killing Gorny? Are you perhaps a neutral who just fulfilled it's winning condition?

Vote: Leopold Stotch

why would i copy that kid? everyone around here knows Gorny is a WAAY better mafia member than i am. and i have no idea what neutral faction you're getting at.

i mean player, not member. was thinking of two different things at the same time; kinda like how you think of two things at once and it becomes a new word or you say the other word rather than the one you want to say. :p

Heroes? Horde? pick one.

So Leo, what do you think was Nolecub's motivation for the self-vote? It seemed to me that he was a frustrated townie but what was your view on him?

i guess everyone is gearing up for tomorrow night...

i have no idea what his motivation was. but we needed a lynch. and if he was going to sacrifice himself, why the hell not? why do you think he voted form himself, Uraj?

i guess everyone is gearing up for tomorrow night...

If someone is gearing up for New Years Eve already, I want to go to their house.

People could be waiting to see the outcome of the Bad Ash vs. Sathoris main event and wondering if it's one on one or a tag team match. I confess it's difficult to think of other game related topics without the fight entering into the deliberations.

Fantastic. I can make it to my Aunt's house near Galveston in ~12 hours so I can get there before the ball drops.

Back, and caught up now.

Just like to say, WTF gorny?!

When does the fight between Sathoris and Bad Ash happen, is it all a private thing and we just catch the outcome?

I don't know. I'm still confused about the whole fighting concept so I'm waiting for Yawp to come online and guide the battle for us.

I get what you mean. I would still like to know who the neutral player is though, so we can rule one player out as a suspect. Though you may have meant Dragomir, considering how you keep mentioning him.

You almost managed to obfuscate me with this, but I think I understood what you're saying. To explain it, hopefully somewhat more clear:

1. You believe there are two recruiting groups, anti-town and pro-town. You believe that both groups can talk privately.

2. You believe the anti-town group can kill by trying to recruit and failing. The pro-town group cannot kill at all.

3. You believe Dragomir was recruited by the pro-town group and thus became unrecruitable by the anti-town group, who killed him.

4. You believe this means Dragomir has shared his information with the pro-town group, and you don't need to say anything in public.

I guess this makes sense, I suggested two recruiting groups myself after all. Of course, this also implies Dragomir was the neutral player you meant.

Something I have to wonder about is Noammr's death. If both groups started with no members beyond the recruiter, it would be a major coincidence that they both targeted Noammr on the first night, resulting in his death. Perhaps there were always some players who could not be recruited? I'll have to think about this.

People could be waiting to see the outcome of the Bad Ash vs. Sathoris main event and wondering if it's one on one or a tag team match. I confess it's difficult to think of other game related topics without the fight entering into the deliberations.

I hope this is not the case, and people actually are busy because of new year. Having fights stall the game does not bode well.

Speaking of new year, the day is supposed to end tomorrow, two hours before midnight in my time zone. If the first half of this day was any indication, we're probably not going to get anything done during the latter half. Perhaps this day should be extended by 24 hours because of the new year, and to allow the fight to play out?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High