Y.A.W.P's Warcraft Themed Pen 'n Paper RPG style Mafia Game Game Thread

Apr 3, 2005
Y.A.W.P's Warcraft Themed Pen 'n Paper RPG style Mafia Game Game Thread

Standard Forum Mafia game Rules apply.

Combat:

There is a possibility of Combat in this game. When Combat is joined, the results of each round will be posted here in the game thread. Players/parties involved in combat must somehow inform me (or TC) of your action. You will have the following actions available:
  • Attack: Attack the enemy party and attempt to inflict Injuries. This is calculated by ((DPS + 1d6 roll) – (Tank + 1d6 roll))/2 = Number of injuries. Negative means zero. The party leader decides on how to allocate those injuries.
  • Defend: Defend yourself and attempt to heal injuries. This is calculated by ((HPS +1d6 roll) – (Enemy DPS + 1d6 roll))/2 = Number of Injuries healed. Note: If both parties defend, all Injuries are healed.
  • Retreat: Flee the battlefield to fight another day. If (Enemy DPS + 1d6 roll) – (Tank + 1d6 roll) < 0, retreat is successful, otherwise retreat fails. If both parties attempt to Retreat, both succeed in retreating. If the enemy party attempts to Defend, the Retreat is also successful. To prevent people from getting massacred too easily, underdogs will find it much easier to flee.

The Newbie Moderator recommends that you PM him your decision for the current round, but if you feel like exposing your hand to the world, you may post your decision in the game thread.

Injuries are your damage. Certain things can get you injured. For every injury you have, you will receive a -1 to all statistics. Each night you will recover 1 injury unless you Rest. If you rest, you may NOT use any other Night Actions, but you will recover all injuries. If you have no Night Actions (you all know who you are), you recover all Injuries each night. If you get 5 Injuries, you die.

Last edited:
Re: Y.A.W.P's Warcraft Themed Pen 'n Paper RPG style Mafia Game Game Thread

This is reserved for day-to-day vote counts, deaths and rosters.

Night 0:
Players alive:
Gorny
Feysal
Noodle
Sathoris
Goryani
Bad Ash
Ankeli
Uraj
Dragomir
Noammar
Trionth
Nolecub
Miss Leo
Nurman

Day 1:
Players Alive:
Gorny
Feysal
Noodle
Sathoris
Goryani
Bad Ash
Ankeli
Uraj
Dragomir
Trionth
Nolecub
Miss Leo
Nurman

Day 1 Votes: (6 to Lynch, 7 to Lock)
Ankeli: Trionth, Leopold Stotch, Sathoris, Bad Ash
Gorny: Nolecub
Bad Ash: Ankeli

Day 3 Votes:
Sathoris: Bad Ash,
nurman: Ankeli
Goryani: Sathoris

Last edited:

It is currently Night 0.

Anybody who posts will be mod-killed. Role PMs will be sent out momentarily. If your inbox is filled, your name will be posted here on a Wall of Shame until you clean out your inbox.

The Moderator finds his stomach is growling. He is going to go and get a Pizza and will return with the rest of the roles ASAP.

All roles have been sent. No one had a full in box. If I forgot about you, PM me ASAP.

If you have Night Actions or other things to decide (you know who you are), PM me ASAP.

If I could get this stickied, that would be great.

Update: Day 1 will begin in 24 hours.

Be advised, all players, that there is an Aura of Peace up until Day 3. There can be no fighting or Combat until then.

Just to clarify something. This is all YAWP's game. He gets the credit for it and/or gets kicked in the nuts if something goes wrong. I did not work on the roles/mechanics or anything like that. I'm here just to make sure the game is balanced and to fill in in the event that YAWP cannot make it.
Or in other words: RESERVED

Day two votes(7/8):
Sathoris - 1 (Gorny)
Nolecub - 1 (Leopold Stotch)
Gorny - 6 (Uraj, Sathoris, Noodle, Trionth, Bad Ash, Nolecub)

Last edited:

One more thing, people: If my inbox is filled, please email me at [email protected] instead. I'll do my best, but with room for only 10 messages, things can get kind of cramped.

Day will begin in ABOUT 3 and a half hours.

I know I shouldn't be doing this, but there are still some Night Actions I'm missing. The Aura of Peace does NOT prevent Night Actions. It ONLY prevents people from fighting.

Consider this your first and last friendly warning those of you with Night Actions Who Still Haven't Sent Anything In Yet.

[YOUTUBE]WYjpfdF3pdI&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

As everyone comes to, they find themselves standing in a strange room, overlooking a star. A Solitary Man sits in a solitary chair facing them. He has a cigarette in one hand and strange glowing blue eyes. After taking a puff of, he starts talking.

The Horde is in Chaos. The Twilight's Hammer Cult is running amok, recruiting peons, slaying innocents and to top it all off, the Warchief Thrall has gone into hiding. Only brave Adventurers stand between annihilation and victory. Noammr was found dead this morning. His body badly beaten and slashed to ribbons, a banner of the Cult embedded in him.

Who is responsible for this dastardly deed? The Cult of course. But WHO specifically? The fate of the Horde hangs in the balance.

The man presses a transparent orange panel on his chair that wasn't there before hand and everyone finds themselves teleported back to Azeroth.

It is now Day 1. You may post freely for the next 48 hours. The Aura of Peace remains in affect. Noammr was Night Killed.

There are 13 players left alive. A lynch requires 6 votes and a lock 7.

Oh, by the way, I know full well Thrall is no longer Warchief, but Garrosh is a douche bag.

So we're playing a WoW game, with an observer from Mass Effect? This seems significant, although I'm not sure what it could mean.

So does the cult kill instead of recruit, or was this a side effect of recruiting someone/unrecruitable target?

anyone have a good wiki or anything for us to bone up our knowledge?

Any clues to where the body was found or how it was found?

wowpedia.org for wiki type articles.

and wowhead.com for discussion on specific items or quests and the like.

wowwiki.com

;)

Seems to be a most interesting game you are brewing YAWP. I don't think I understand half yet. Somehow, that makes it more exciting, not less.

Did I see things correctly? Was the video just a splash screen accompanied by music? I don't want to miss a potential clue.

The Mass Effect tie in is interesting. On the one hand, the Solitary Man (Illusive Man) was voiced by Martin Sheen, well known for narrative roles and voice overs. It could be just a form of narration. On the other hand, the Illusive Man looks to be a leader of a pro-Human organization. The Human's were opposed to the Horde in WoW. It might be some clue as such. That conclusion requires a mighty leap, especially given what YAWP said earlier about the game (see below), but I'm keeping my mind open.

The votes required for lynch are different than normal: 6/7 as opposed to 7/8 for a 13 person. Could be intentional given all the no-lynches we've been having.

Nothing about Noammr at all. Dunno if he was Horde or something else. Dunno if he was DPS, a healer, or a tank. Dunno if the mafia know these things. Dunno.

I will say this, unless we get an influx of Alliance supporters, the Town will be The Horde, and the Mafia will be the Twilight's Hammer Cult (which it would have been even if the Alliance won the poll).

I think that answers Dragomir. The story seems to corroborate what YAWP told us earlier: the Twilight Hammer Cult is the mafia and killed Noammr. Could they also recruit? I guess if we see a night with no kills, we should consider that possibility.

I'm pretty sure the Illusive Man doesn't interfere with the game. In Mass Effect 2 the Illusive Man is the guy 'behind the scenes' giving orders and controling all of his assets. It's just a reflection onto the moderator.

Well in WoW the Twilight Hammer was activly recruiting prior to the Cataclysm and even now they're open to new members. (You have to go undercover in WoW quests and they seem to expect new recruits showing up to help them daily) So I'm guessing they can recruit.

I reckon Thrall is a role in this game aswell as his name's been bolded like Noammr's is indicating they're involved in any night action. Into hiding could means he's immune to any night action. Although that seems a bit weird on Night 0.

I'm a bit confused about the math for the combat actions, can anyone explain it to me, who sucks at math, in simple terms?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High