Wolfbarbs-The ultimate guide (Revised verson)

CoH ide mainly suggest for those who like resist versus other's that deal elemental damage, the defense will not be that great from this armor considering 70% e def. +2 all skills is quite useful from this armor, but Stone would be the better of the two as far as melee. Valor has a good vita, skill, and hit recovery boost which kinda clashes all you need for an armor im starting to debate myself if i should go back to a eth zod .10 valor.

Dr@kE~

nice guide, Drake... if i wasn't too busy playin my untwinked bowazon and bowamancer, i'd try this out >.<... maybe i'll try it out later this year when i got time ;)

hey mike, i got a quick question, im thinkin about re-making my 4 x shael caddy into a 3 x shael, 1 x eth caddy for hitting more, would this be worth it?

gris caddy is technically a scepter right? so do any of the masteries boost it? (mace maybe?) if not where should we put skills instead??

Is runemaster a good weapon?

I'm currently using two of em with 5 shaels each. My damage isn't really all that great but the speed is awesome. Is it worth it to trade off speed for damage? I only do about 500-1k atm. Also, does having 2 weapons work on a wolfbarb? I have asked around and the only reply I have gotten is a no. (from one person) so I am unsure right now. There are two seperate damages that show up if I use normal attack but only one if I use Feral Rage

PS: Great guide

binofury said:
gris caddy is technically a scepter right? so do any of the masteries boost it? (mace maybe?) if not where should we put skills instead??
mace does...as well as staves

BTW how well would an uped Ribcracker work?

To Zero'th: Runemaster is a fairly good weapon and in some cases switching damage for speed works or speed for damage depends on what you perfer, but unfortunatly the ias does not add up from both weapons. They are seperate in speeds so for example, if i had a Shael'd Scheafer's and a Shael'd Azurewrath my speeds would be 10 frames/ 6 frames (Note: This only shows in Regular Attack.). If your feraling only your right hand weapon will attack not both.

To Memememe173: Well the defense bonus is great! However the speed is not (9 frames) which is a little slow for a no shielder, if a swarm of Death Lords (Bull kind) from a5 in hell swarmed you i don't see a chance of survival. But that's just my opinion i'm not a 2-hander person.

Dr@kE~

I wanna make a wolfbarb!

Anyway, it seems like the most important part of the build seems to be the weapon, and i was wondering how a botd zerker axe would do. I am pretty sure i wanna go 1 handed, but i did not see the botd runeword listed in possible weapons. Maybe if someone could explain what exactly are the important mods in the weapon for a wolfbarb that is pvm/pvp but leaning towards a fun pvm build.

Also, on the buff, would 2x +3 warcry spears suffice? (does anyone need btw? i got a stash full for free or for your items)

Anyhoo, thanks for all replies...Im Psyched!

Well in the guide i did mention the use of BoTD Warspike which hits 7 frames, a Zerker would hit 8 and its not necesarly true about the weapon. Wolfbarbs rely alot on their armors for defense, now the +3 to WC spears would work but it limits the capacity your Werewolf and Lycanthropy recieves from +all skills items. It makes a big difference nontheless you can always use them if you are not rich.

Dr@kE~

In the past guide, you mentioned that a Tomb Reaver was a good fast two handed weapon for ladder. Would any Tomb Reaver work, or does it have to have a certain number of sockets in it? And if so, what should be put into those sockets? thanks.

Figured i missed something...Well for starters that is one heck of a Pole arm but Barbs are not too ias freindly with Pole arms. For a 7 frame attack you would need about 95% IAS, and for a 6 frame it be 115% IAS so its kinda costly for the low frame amounts however it packs a punch for that slow rate. Unfortunatly, any weapon a Wolfbarb grabs hold of should hav the most amount of sockets it can because speed is very vital. In my opinion a 2-hander wouldnt be such a very viable thing, but thats just me i say that becuase a 1-hander could get much faster and still do decent damage one of these weapons is a personal favorite "Azurewrath".

Dr@kE~

I'm building a furry barb also...

My equip:
Helm: Wolfhowl
Amulet: Highlords
Armor: ???
Belt: Verdungo
Shoes: Gore Rider
Gloves: ???
Rings: BK and Ravenfrost
Shield: Storm (/w -15req/30%ed jewel)
Weapon: 3 sock :cheesy: Griswold Caduceus (224%ed)

I'm trying to get a 4 sock Caddy.

I'm not quite sure what to use for armor and gloves... Arcaine, CoH??? The +skills ont both armors is nice for the wolfstats... CoH has my preference for the +20 strength and resistances... But Arcaine has nice Vitality and FHR.
As for gloves: Souldrainer for mana-leech? Or Steelrend???

The dragoon calculator shows a 5 (not 6) frame feral for tomb reaver socketed with either 3 IAS/xx or shaels. The dmg would probably be quite nice, is 5 frames too slow? Is the calculator wrong?

Also, what about using Enigma armor? Even if you choose not to use teleport, the other mods are godly...

+2 skills
+str (better than +vit now that BO doesn't count +vit items)
+45% FRW
+5% max life
+8% DR
+15% dmg to mana

not to mention good defense. Seems like an excellent armor option as long as you aren't in need of large amounts of DR or resist.

Even if you were to choose to tele, its impossible, you wont be able to cast it in wolf form.

Basically lack of fhr, resis, and huge def compared to that of stone, Im not saying this doesnt have its uses but I prefer not to use it.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High