Wolfbarbs-The ultimate guide (Revised verson)

Sup Vour. Excellent guide! It is very informative for even the slowest of d2 players. I think its great how your guide encourages individuality with a unique character unlike all those cookie cutter guides. Good work

vourius, new question: ok, i got a ed-max'd +2 valor... but.. i also have an ed-max / life armor... my question is: if i use the valor for pre-buff, then use the ed-max/ life armor to duel.. wouldnt this be better? it gives me 300 more life and 100 more damage..

Your defense would greatly lack, although it does increase life and damage by good amounts. Though 2 things the ed/max armor is missing hit recovery and probably the + skills would help the attack rating. Valor has way more defense and decreases the chance that you would be struck by. Max does not work in armors anymore.

Dr@kE~

hmmm good point, very good point.. ill try them both out ( valor and ed-max ) once i hit 85 today..thanks again vourius.. im loving the wolf-barb right now..LOVING it..

How do you get some decent damage with griz caddy? my wolfbaba is doing 1000 max with the lvl 23 enchant from demon limb....my gear is as follows: wolfie(+2max, 10allres), ark+2, angelic rings+amu, gris, storm(pdia), gores, bloodfist, 32/14% verdungos, anni(20/15) some max/ar(some with a little life) 3 masteries gc's....prebuffing with one hoto, maras, one bk, arach.

my uses a 49-16 pair of steelrends instead of bloodfist, also i guess i put WAY too much into str ( total of 294 modded) and so i guess normal damage is around 1.2k..

The damage will not be great with a Gris caddy for mine is only 1.4k damage, but to make up for that you gain incredible speeds. I myself use a full invent of max/ar/life small charms and Steelrends to add along with it. Now mastery charms will not be as effective as a max/ar/life charm but they will increase Iron skin bonus and still offer damage/ar. Not every Wolfbarb is limited to the use of a caddy because the damage takes alot of work to satisfy the user...Try other alternatives.

Dr@kE~

For all you guys who have built one of these, how much speed do you find is necessary? I was thinking about an Azurewrath but will it be too slow?

Not true a shael'd azurewrath is a great weapon! It automaticly gives 250-500 magic/cold damage plus the speed is at 6 frames witch is faster than an Assassins swing rate. It offers 1 to all skills 5-10 all stats and deals great undead damage, Gris caddy is not the only weapon for a Wolfbarb and is infact very useful.

Dr@kE~

Dragon claw is counted as a 10 frame attack yes true there is 2 hits in one and each claw is accounted as 5 each but it's considered a whole attack. Dragon Claw being the slowest at the same time fastest Assassin swing rate.

Dr@kE~

Zero-unit said:
Dragon claw is counted as a 10 frame attack yes true there is 2 hits in one and each claw is accounted as 5 each but it's considered a whole attack. Dragon Claw being the slowest at the same time fastest Assassin swing rate.

Dr@kE~
learn something every day

drake, nice guide. ive seen your wolfbarb own many of conc barbs,druids, and pallys. i never was able to kill you(yet) right now my wolfbarb is on the back burner.

Yes i use that, i perferably like the speed. However as i stressed earlier no particular Wolfbarb is limited to this weapon.

Dr@kE~

zero: could you list the complete gear youre using? and i cant afford all those max/ar/life charms, so any other ideas how to get my dam up?

My complete gear is composed of:
Eth Zod Wolfhowl
Sup Stone Archon plate
x4 Shael Gris caddy
Gorerider war boots
Shael'd Stormshield
Verdungos belt
Angelics amulet/x2 rings
Steelrends
x39 3/20/20's (yes i know..they're duped..)
1/18/16/9 Annihilus

Base stats Damage: 1,393
108 Strength Life:8,109
176 Dexterity Defense:30,183
233 (Current) Vitality Attack Rating:30,079
base mana
lvl:85(currently)

Now to talk damage, this is probably the biggest issue you have with a Wolfbarb. Unfortunatly if you plan to use a low base damage weapon it will require much damage charms. But a way you can help this by Combat Mastery charms they help as equally as max/ar/ i know they can sell relativly cheap becuase masteries are not much wanted at least from my experience. Stocking 10 or so of these would match up max/ar charms and give you other benefits such as increased Ironskin, increase speed/stamina, and natural resist which can be helpful in the place of max/ar/. Other than that you may have to choose a slower but more hard hitting weapon a Shael'd Lightsabre or Azurewrath works great damage and speed wise.

Dr@kE~

I have two different Wolfhowls, one duelign the other prebuffing. The dueling one is 3/3/5/5/14/15/10 Eth Zod 144% e def, the prebuff one is 3/6/6/6/10/10/10 Non-eth 143% e def.

Dr@kE~

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High