WitchWild String Sockets?

Re: WitchWild String Sockets?

if you did not alternate any of your gear and skills between GSA and WWS, you should have no critical strike on your GSA switch. or did you put a lot of points in CS already?

if you did not alternate any of your gear and skills between GSA and WWS, you should have no critical strike on your GSA switch. or did you put a lot of points in CS already?

Oh sorry, I did indeed put points in CS and alternate a few pieces of gear:

Goldwrap went out for Nos' Coil (+15 str takes me to 135, Hydra Bow requires 134). I lose MF and get some random ll, slows target, and mpk, but nothing relevant dps-wise.
Cat's Eye went out for Highlord's Wrath (so I get 1 extra point in both CS and Pierce, plus 33% DS). I do lose 35 Dex here.

I have 8 hard points in CS and 12 in Pierce. So, with GSA Hydra Bow I have 56% CS and 33% DS and 79% Pierce. With WWS I have 54% CS, 90% DS and 77% Pierce. I have 50 EIAS with either.

through all of this i've been wondering about harmony. have you given it a shot? (pun)

Harmony is a VERY cool bow for it's cost, but I wouldn't take it over the unique bows. From my experience, Buriza is better than a harmony blade bow.

Harmony is a VERY cool bow for it's cost, but I wouldn't take it over the unique bows. From my experience, Buriza is better than a harmony blade bow.

1) you picked a "meh" base.
2) i know all those things. i was wondering the SWizard's opinion on it in a good base.

guess i should have made that more plain.

Numbers can be crunched until one's fingers are bleeding but experience says it all.
And in my experience: WWS is comparable to WF.
I've run both with a Faith merc and WWS (ShaelEth) casts amp like crazy with Stafe. At times it seems to even outshine WF in multiplayer games. I'm hitting 7 fpa with both bows but WWS only needs 65% ias (95% for WF) so it clears up some gear space, making you a little more versatile. Also, WWS comes with a whooping 40% all res which is awesome for a glass cannon amazon.

WWS is great on PI's also - just switch over to normal attack, and let the magic damage go to work. I have three level 90 + strafers, one using WWS, one with Windforce, and one with full Mav's. All are effective in Hell. Of course, I play SP, so I really just care about being able to kill and survive, not necessarily full optimization.

Since noone discussed it, as this is a budget bow (on non ladder upped WWS costs more than Faith from my experience..), but wouldnt a BER + UM be the best option?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High