Will 1.13 allow BNet Runewords for SP

Will 1.13 patch allow BNET Runewords for SP

• Total voters
Re: Will 1.13 allow BNet Runewords for SP

I'd love to see Uber Tristram and Diablo Clone implemented. Runewords would be nice as well for people who refuse to taint their game and play vanilla.

IF they did implement runewords into 1.13, would that mean that all the people using RWM currently would no longer be considered "tainted". Hmmm....

Probably not. We'd still be tainted since we used game modifications at one point.

Ultimately it would be the entire community's call.

since the majority would be tainted, the majority would vote to ignore that taint...

or just not play 1.13?

if they do add new content, though...

Even if people using 1.12 RRM/RWM don't play 1.13 i think the issue is trading purposes. Peole who play vanilla are serious about not wanting RWM taint.

Ultimately it would be the entire community's call.

That's not how it works. When the time comes Thyiad & I will be responsible for this decision. We may choose to solicit advice and opinions and accept input, but ultimately it's the moderators' responsibility.

I can't link the full quote because it's in the moderators forum, but here's the verdict from the boss-lady herself:
Elly said:
This forum is not a democracy.

PS. I voted for Durf.

Haha. Well I guess I should have chosen my words more carefully. I do not expect a poll to pop up regarding the potential issue. I figured the mods are the ones who make the call on this. I consider the mods the voice of reason in the SPF community. My words came out wrong I suppose. Or maybe I sub-consciously wish to have a vote. lol i dont know, im just rambling on now.

Originally Posted by Elly
This forum is not a democracy.
Still good to know hahaha

I voted Durf, because, although I think it is quite logical for them to try and draw folks away from b.net and eventually shut down D2's online support... I have learned over the years that Blizzard often has different motives for doing things... Ones I didn't think of, or can't understand.

If they do release a new patch, they will most likely reset the ladders as well. This will actually draw people back onto their servers. Even if they don't reset the ladders I still think it will draw folks back onto their servers (folks will want to check out the new patch and see old friends, etc.)

No doubt the marketing team has a lot to do with this possible patch... They're trying to create hype. The bosses will be saying "Ok, that's a good idea" but then they will turn around to the programmers and say "don't spend much money or time on it. The programmers will be caught in the middle. Who knows, it could become vaporware.

Either way, the poor bastard who has to read through that 50 page thread on the blizzard forums and compile a list of all the suggestions will want to slice his wrists as he sifts though all the leet speak.

So ya... I'm on the fence, and will stay there until we actually see this patch.
-hps

I'm gunna put my Horns on the line here and go out on a limb on this one.

I think that blizzard will make 1.13 a single players patch offering most of what battle.net offers in the way of rune words and perhaps a world event or something with the keys and uber tristram.
And, something extra. New items, rune words or something extra that battle.net does not have and won't get. Personally I think that will be some sort of storage or item transfer system in game. Official ATMA as it where.

Why?

D2 has always been free to play on battle.net. Blizzard do not want to seem evil or anything but they must want all us D2 players to move on and stop playing D2 on battle.net. They obviously will hope we will buy D3 which I think their PR department knows is a given so it's pretty simple imho. They will give us a nice juicy carror and some good reasons to stop playing battle.net and play SP instead.
Hence making way for D3 beta testing, starcraft 2, etc without blizzard appearing to be nasty and kicking us off battle.net, not when we have been such loyal customers and diablo fans and obvious customers for D3.

So, big lovely Sp patch for D2 as a pat on the back for our years of loyalty and keep us chaffing at the bit for more, so that we snap copies of D3 off the shelfs faster than sales staff can put them there.

Why else would they do a patch for D2 at this stage when D3 is in development and getting close to beta testing (assumably)?

I think yes, the patch will bring runewords and other stuff. I also think this will be the last patch for D2, online or SP. I'm expecting Blizzard to close D2 battle.net upon kickoff of D3, or shortly after that.

So I'm hoping they make this patch a good one, in case D3 doesn't have the magic pull of D2.

how long did it take them to close Diablo 1 battle.net support?

IIRC it was up for a little bit after Diablo 2's release. I haven't checked it since then though.

I am pretty sure that D1 can still be played online as I seem to recall trying it out back in 2002 after LoD came out. Might have been Lan games I guess. Anyways, I seriously doubt they will completely shut down D2 battle net for a good long while. I do think that 1.13 will be the last D2 patch and that it will include some new items/runewords and hopefully a major rebalance of some skills like Inferno so that we can all try something new that is viable.

I'm not sure about the world events. No legit SP player can sell of SoJ's to get Diablo to appear so if they do make that event I would be interested to see how they pull it off. Uber trist should be possible I guess and I would imagine that would massively pick up TCPIP games here in SP as people hunt for whatever the uber trist charm is (never played bnet so can't remember if its anni or torch).

From a Moderation point of view; whatever they do is undoubtedly going to cause a headache. :D

But a trading pool effectively only separeted by Vanilla vs. RRM (And HC/SC andversions, but those are besides the point) is much more easier to handle than Vanilla vs. RWM and/or RRM.

What I see a problem with is possible changes that people won't like and they decide to stay in 1.12 or run it on the side. Like if 1.13 added the RWM runewords, but changed Enigmas so it doesn't have Teleport. You'd have people running LK in 1.12, with possible RWM in the same forum as RWM-free 1.13 players, etc.

That'd be a pain.

takes some getting used to, whatever they will do.

anyways, i think 1.13 will bring a brighter future than the present we have now :)

*naive smile*

WTH though! Why are we still being forwarded to a non-relavant thread after voting? This has been an ongoing problem for years (?)!

It's part of dii.net (now diii.net) charm. It did stop doing it for a while but it confused people so I think it was re-introduced. ;)

...I just gave myself a bit of a headache seeing if that made ANY sense at all...

Welcome to my world. And the 'what ifs' is pretty much why it's 'wait and see what actually happens'. There are *so* many possibilities that really speculation is just ... juggling fog.

The most optimistic post I think I've ever seen. :crazyeyes: I thought Bnet 2.0 was going to be separate from Bnet? So would they actually have to close it down?

I think most of it will come down to cash (as always). If the influx of money is there then the support will be there. I can't see them WoW subscribers keep Bnet running. So I do wonder about where the financial support is going to come from for online D3.

Oh *give* them ideas, why don't you?! :banghead:

;)

But a trading pool effectively only separeted by Vanilla vs. RRM (And HC/SC andversions, but those are besides the point) is much more easier to handle than Vanilla vs. RWM and/or RRM.

What I see a problem with is possible changes that people won't like and they decide to stay in 1.12 or run it on the side. Like if 1.13 added the RWM runewords, but changed Enigmas so it doesn't have Teleport. You'd have people running LK in 1.12, with possible RWM in the same forum as RWM-free 1.13 players, etc.

That'd be a pain.

I think we have category of various beta item users (beta CTA etc) so any item changes would be treated the same IMO.

I think most of it will come down to cash (as always). If the influx of money is there then the support will be there. I can't see them WoW subscribers keep Bnet running. So I do wonder about where the financial support is going to come from for online D3.

Why do you mean by this part exactly?

As when I was playing WoW just before the turn of the year the account agreement had a change and by signing you accepted to be a registered Battle.net user should the WoW subscription change.

Whether this means WoW, SC2 and D3 will all be pay to play online I don't know, but i'm anticipating they will all be part of the same 'account' system.

In my oppinion they won't. Blizz' regard us as second class citizens.

i would love the Runewords, i would love Pandimonium event...and i would love D clone. But it ain't gonna happen.

Apparently there is gonna be alot in the new patch, but does that mean alot for SP? I don't think so.

i voted no, but i'm secretly hoping that sp wont be ignored this time round.

the runewords themselves would make no difference to me as a rwm user but i am interested to see if the vanilla players will change their minds if sp is ignored yet again.

i'd like a crack at the tristram quest and have a huge collection of keys ready and waiting :D

it is very doubtful i'd sell any of my stones to get an anny, although if all you sent me yours i might sell those :D

it is very doubtful i'd sell any of my stones to get an anny

I know. I have 4 of them currently, so only another 50-60 (or thereabouts) SoJ's to accumulate and I could do a single legit DClone run... so sometime around the year 2058. :p

... although, for the right person and circumstance, I would actually consider contributing my two "excess" ones to a 'get legit anni' project. I can only use two at once, afterall.

BTW, if DClone were enabled for SP, how long do you think it would be before we saw a 1.06 "gambler" built for harvesting SoJ's? I think that compared to some of the other extreme projects that've actually been completed in the SPF, I don't see this being significantly more extreme. And we've already got plenty of cheese like this floating around too. :D

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High