Will 1.13 allow BNet Runewords for SP

Will 1.13 patch allow BNET Runewords for SP

• Total voters
Re: Will 1.13 allow BNet Runewords for SP

vote: ignored

what weight does SP have in the minds of blizzard people? i dunno, but i wouldn't mind it if we didn't get the RWs, i've managed just fine without 'em.

In all likelyhood the answer is yes. It is a very often requested thing in the official feedback/suggestion thread, Blizzard is looking to lighten the b.net server load and it's a very, very easy thing for them to implement.

I don't know. I'm not expecting much from this patch.

I do know who Durf is due to reading old threads and for that I vote Durf (and beer?!? :jig:)

EDIT: I like how you get teleported by voting on the poll :)

I just have a feeling they will ignore us.

I like how you get teleported by voting on the poll :)
More like time-travelling! I got back to 2006 :scratchchin:

My vote: SP will be ignored. I have no clue what the want to achieve with adding more 'content' now, and what it will be. But I don't think they will bring Uber D, Pandemonium and BNet RWs to SP.

Low Key: Where did you get that info? Seems logical to me that they want people on the servers to me. And thus keeping that difference between BNet and SP is a way of luring people to the 'dark side'.

-DZJB

More like time-travelling! I got back to 2006 :scratchchin:
Wouha, what a ride! Rammstein... what the...

O(n)T: I don't know and I blame Durf. I would like them to be, since I play RWM already. I also wonder how trade and MP pools would be merged.

As for the trade pool merging, I'd think it'd be like how HC items can be brought to SC but SC items don't go to HC. 1.13 would mean it's the new vanilla, so really 1.13 RWs could be used by former RWM users, but RWM is still taint and couldn't be used by vanilla players. Even if the bnet RWs are enabled in 1.13, RWM users' items are still useless to 1.13 users.

...I just gave myself a bit of a headache seeing if that made ANY sense at all...

I vote Durf. There's already been an established and widely accepted method to obtain those RWs, so I'm much more interested in what the other aspects the patch may bring.

As for the trade pool merging, I'd think it'd be like how HC items can be brought to SC but SC items don't go to HC. 1.13 would mean it's the new vanilla, so really 1.13 RWs could be used by former RWM users, but RWM is still taint and couldn't be used by vanilla players. Even if the bnet RWs are enabled in 1.13, RWM users' items are still useless to 1.13 users.

Thanks for the headache... :crazyeyes:

I vote for BEER!

But seriously, I think that Blizz DOES want to start clearing the servers to make room for Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3. Bringing ladder RW's and the Ubers/Pandemonium Events to SP would help accomplish that.

Well, if they allow the runewords, does it matter? We have rwm already, so I don't see the value in that. Besides, why would they do it? No one on b.net would care in the slightest.

I voted no.

WTH though! Why are we still being forwarded to a non-relavant thread after voting? This has been an ongoing problem for years (?)!

I voted Burp. Er, I mean Durf and Beer.
I have no idea what Blizz will opt for but I cannot shake the feeling that we will all be saying, "Oh yeah, well, OK ..." when we read the Patch notes (ie bit of an anti-climax).
In any event, it will be Durf's fault.

@Smips: Hmm... i think it would matter, at least for me (and some other vanilla players), if they did that, but you're probably right in that they won't have a reason (from their standpoint) to actually do this

In all likelyhood the answer is yes. It is a very often requested thing in the official feedback/suggestion thread, Blizzard is looking to lighten the b.net server load and it's a very, very easy thing for them to implement.

That. Further, it's quite easy to implement.

I'm expecting nothing from this new patch, but I might be surprised, you never know.

Well it's not like there are many RWM users who aren't tainted by the RRM anyway, so I can't see that having a major effect. Vanilla will stay separate from modded the same way it has been for years.

On a personal level, I'd like to see a 1.13 which brings SP totally on par with Bnet; runewords, items and Events. That won't happen. Realistically, I'd be happy with the runewords.

From a Moderation point of view; whatever they do is undoubtedly going to cause a headache. :D However, we aren't going to determine how any change to the game effects the way we Moderate the trading/SP community until we see what is actually implimented by Blizzard; just as when 1.12a became live. At that point, sirpoopsalot and I will make a policy decision.

Hmmm that would be great ( I doubt it tho), if there was battlenet runewords RRM would be extinct (I still dont like it... pure hax, and I use it just because everyone else do :crazyeyes: )

I'd love to see Uber Tristram and Diablo Clone implemented. Runewords would be nice as well for people who refuse to taint their game and play vanilla.

I hope they do. I don't see why Pandemonium event wasn't added in the first place also.. The keys are pretty damn useless and I don't know if I should keep them in case patch 1.13 makes them useful in SP !

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High