Warhammer 40K Mafia Game Thread

"Something about...." Nice non-answer answer.

One minute you sound like you not only know exactly what others and thinking and why, but also agree. You were the first to call me scummy. The next minute you aren't so enthused about making the case against someone that's more about ones avatar than the words they said.
Meh, any comments about you being scum above have been a joke, though.

Raise your hand if you thought twilight ended already.

*Raises hand*

But seriously; tomorrow at 5:00pm EST.

Also, I'm taking my kid to an amusement park in honor of last week of summer vacation. I might not be around right at closing. I can either just not close the thread and ya'll can stop posting, or I can close it properly with a story two hours early. Let me know if you prefer one over the other, either here or by PM.

*Raises hand*

But seriously; tomorrow at 5:00pm EST.

Also, I'm taking my kid to an amusement park in honor of last week of summer vacation. I might not be around right at closing. I can either just not close the thread and ya'll can stop posting, or I can close it properly with a story two hours early. Let me know if you prefer one over the other, either here or by PM.

I agree, and I'll raise my hand 'cause I'm sure.

Redundant. pharphises, pharphy, pharpheces, whichever only come in dead scent.
I want to slap my knee so hard at pharpheces. That's way better than pharpiss!

I'd prefer early close because there's no vote and it is already an extended day

I thought it was in this thread, but it's in the opening post in the sign up thread. I also realized on reading it again that it doesn't say alignment might change, but win con.

Ahh, I see. I normally don't differentiate between the two. I apparently forgot that it stated it would be unlikely/rare.

You sound like you're the expert on recruiting. I'm not sure anyone else even thinks recruiting exists and if they do, I don't think they've talked about it.

So you are saying you didn't see the cult in the story and consider it? If people read the sign p thread close I can understand, but I at least had forgotten anything besides the possibility of alignment change.

I didn't ask a question.

It's from the Warhammer 40K Lexicanum that CG linked. Look it up.

Wait, wut? You didn't ask a question? Did you or did you not have sexual relations with that woman....I mean, ask people to raise their hands?

Also, I didn't realize he added the link, now I have to find what this strange symbol is, but for now I'm going with crop circles.

Meh, any comments about you being scum above have been a joke, though.

Has it?

I want to slap my knee so hard at pharpheces. That's way better than pharpiss!

I'd prefer early close because there's no vote and it is already an extended day

Oh oh, I have another one, notpurplephis.

Has it?

Oh oh, I have another one, notpurplephis.
Yup, they were jokes at the time, but his second question about hand raising makes me uneasy. Like a mafia who's trying to joke over and over about the same thing to make it apparent it's nothing to get riled up about.

I can either just not close the thread and ya'll can stop posting, or I can close it properly with a story two hours early. Let me know if you prefer one over the other, either here or by PM.

Story > no story.

So you are saying you didn't see the cult in the story and consider it? If people read the sign p thread close I can understand, but I at least had forgotten anything besides the possibility of alignment change.

Mention of any cult in the story reminded my of:

To help combat speculation: The Town is a Guardsman Detachment, and the Mafia are Chaos cultists that have infiltrated the unit. I will interchangeably use the words 'Mafia' and 'Chaos'.

We've seen this before and it seems rather straightforward. Mention of a cult/cultist in the story doesn't imply a cult faction is at work. Sounds like flavor. Lore. Creative license. Entertainment.

Also, I'm not sure what the sign-up thread has to do with this conversation.

Wait, wut? You didn't ask a question? Did you or did you not have sexual relations with that woman....I mean, ask people to raise their hands?

I did not ask people to raise their hands. Questions are easily identified by a piece of punctuation called a question mark. There was none.

Tell me about the Commissar.

Ah, yes sir. I was just to reach that point of the story, but I'll skip ahead just a bit.

The next day, after a hard march with no cheer, we reached Outpost Sixteen. The forest broke into a wide clearing and a plas-steel bunker the size of a Battle Barge[SUP]*1[/SUP] loomed over the treetops. It was a daunting sight by itself, with auto-turrets lined every 30 meters and triple security blast doors. I vaguely wondered what was so important about the area that warranted such a fortress, but my thoughts were interrupted when we spotted the corpses.

Scattered around the blast door were at least two dozen men in Imperial Guard uniforms. All of them dead, though by various means. The most gruesome were barely recognizable, torn to pieces by what can only be imagined as some wanton beast. Others looked like they were crushed by some unseen force, as if you wrapped your hand around a sack of meat and squeezed tightly. The sight was appalling, M'lord, and not a single one of us wasn't moved by it.

Well, except one that is. Carmine looked upon the scene with nary a trace of emotion, and strode directly into the carnage. "Look here," he remarked, and knelt beside a body that was remarkably intact. "This one was shot. In the back. As he was leaving the compound."

That news brought us to our senses. That man had tried to flee. But from what?

As if bidden, a guardsman came running out of the open blast doors of the bunker. His mouth was open as if to scream, but no sound was uttered. He looked at us and a brief flicker of hope crossed his eyes, and then we heard the crack of a las-pistol firing. The guardsman looked horrified for a moment, then collapsed dead at Carmine's feet.

From the bunker strode an imposing man carrying a smoking Las-pistol at his hip and wearing the uniform of a Commissar. Half a dozen more Guardsmen accompanied him, fear evident on their faces. "Deserters will be summarily executed!" he bellowed. "If the Emperor demands your death, then you will give your life willingly!"

His eyes fell upon our unit, and the Commissar strode directly up to the Sergeant. "You are in command of this unit, Sergeant?" The Sergeant nodded. "Very good. Mine has been depleted, and we require reinforcements. I am attaching myself and my retinue to your squad. In the morning, we will breach the bunker and remove the infestation that resides there. Am I clear?" The Sergeant only nodded again.

We made camp outside that haunting structure, still within sight of the gruesome scene. Per the Commissar's orders, it was not to be touched or approached. So we huddled around our fires, ate our rations, and tried to sleep.

That was the night the killings began.

--------------

Twilight has ended. Night one has begun, and will run for 26 hours. Day will resume at 5:00pm EST Thursday the 29th.

If you have night actions, please submit them at least one hour before day phase.

*1 - A Battle Barge is a gigantic space ship utilized by the Adeptus Astartes. They're one of, if not the, strongest ships the Imperial Navy has available to them, and are large enough to threaten entire planets.

Last edited:
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High