Warcry using Barb Guide v. 2 by memememe173

Re: Warcry using Barb Guide v. 2 by memememe173

I have to say, this guide is quite excellent. I used this as a base when I made my own singer, currently lvl89 @ ladder.

The gear he is using is following:

Dual Wizardspikes.
Echoing Horned Helm w/ perf. sapphire socketed.
Echoing amulet.
The Spirit Shroud w/ perf. skull socketed (currently saving enough crap to get eni)
Dual manald heals.
Magefists.
Waterwalks.
Nightsmoke.
2x Echoing weapons on switch.

Stat allocation? Can't remember 100%, but with torch I have 94 dex and 94 str, no idea about energy and over 400 vitality.

And in inventory I have life charms, life\mana charms and one mana charm + barb torch.

With BO I have 5.1k life and 1.3k mana, and war cry damage is roughly 1k. While the mana is not that surprising, my own manaregen is quite fast itself, and whenever I do PvM myself (MF shenk-eldrich-pindle or some random areas, sometimes meph and so on), I have merc with insight around. I just use my barb's superior voice to make my opponents ears to bleed and my merc can poke them full of holes. Mainly designed to be a tank, but with merc it is quite suitable (even without it, even though need to cast WC slower) for all-around running or tanking. I've even collected one keyset with him.

How do I handle PIs? If it is not that major, I usually ignore them, but when I can't do that I'l use my torch. With battle cry on I hit nearly everytime and torch's firestorm does the damage. Only expection is if the target is PIFI, that's possibly the only enemy I cannot kill myself, not even with my merc.

And the best thing about this build is, since I made it it has become extremely easy to do baalruns with some people I know. With lvl37 BO sorc can safely tele around, and in throne I can be the moving meatshield, taunt all enemies nearby me and just stun them. Baal's minions are also easy, since the moment they spawn the moment almost everyone is in stunlock. Kinda lame, but atleast getting profit from Baal is easier than ever :grin:

What I personally consider funny in this was, the idea was born by an accident. I during the last ladder I was thinking about making a singer, but I never bothered to collect enough gear for him. Now, when I was drowning in lots of lifecharms and some other random crap (More-than-enough wizardspikes, some echoing weapons I found, echoing items and so on) for which I had no space to give, I realised that what if I make a singer then and then I decided to check this guide.

After all, it proved out to be quite funny character which works beter than you can imagine.

Nice guide. For those who PvP warcry is only good against casters. So what I do is carry insight, get 105% Fcr. Get a might merc with botd and stun while my merc destroys them lol

I'm attempting to make a build close to the old Bard design with enough damage to get the job done, hopefully with the option of all-vitality if Insight is used, but this means centering the skills between the old and the new - pure War Cry. I don't believe pure WCry has the versatility necessary to be a stand-alone, but think this might and can strike the best balance as such. I'm talking strictly skill distribution, so here are the two skill sets:

War Cry:
Increased Stamina = 1
Increased Speed = 1
Iron Skin = 1
Natural Resistance = 1
Leap = 1
Leap Attack = 1
Howl = 20
Taunt = 20
Battle Cry = 20
War Cry = 20
Shout = 1
Battle Orders = 1
Battle Command = 1
Find Potion = 1
Find Item = 20

Bard (1.00):
Increased Stamina = 1
Increased Speed = 1
Iron Skin = 1
Natural Resistance = 1
Leap = 1
Howl = 1
Taunt = 1
Battle Cry = 1
War Cry = 20
Shout = 20
Battle Orders = 20
Battle Command = 20
Find Potion = 20
Find Item = 1
Grim Ward = 1

I've gone so far as splitting up the only questionable skills, making Howl and Taunt five each while Find Potion/Item are as well, and spreading the utility points around all three pages. This is important, though: I've heard someone say that singers can get by on ten points into Battle Orders with Insight and no added energy, but need twenty with as much into energy as vitality in classic/etc.

What are the absolute bare minimums even with the gawdliest equipment that's actually available?

Like ive said time and time before with an insight merc and 1000mana at most can you spam WC long enught to kill/keep stunned till merc kills, ive got 1266 and i haven dropped a point n to eng, ofcourse, i use singers as a very unique BVC, none of my eq cost over a pul/i made myself ( nig/+5WC delerium)
ive also noticed this build is affective with a hole lotta skill and luck verse necros/zons, and if your facing an inexperienced dualer, windys, and if the gods smile on you, you can put up a decent fight Vs. H-dins

I'll have to get you over at the PvP build thread. ;> I'm guessing you're talking about 105% faster cast rate, since Delirium and Enigma have no FCR. To successfully deal with many different casters at only 105% is amazing. Anyway, my next revamping will probably be totally vitality thanks to that, but dealing with immunes will obviously be the only issue. For that I have a Berserk variant on hold to test.

Now, about Shout and Battle Orders - max them or no? (Good grief, I can't take the Delete key not working in the Quick Reply box.)

Oh yess vit all the way...how vital is FHR?? bc i might go back to my switch of 2 pspirit(35%/55% fcr/fhr and drop the +2 to war crys Bc that was my orignal plan witch with the charms i have now and the spirits it would allow for 150% Fhr...plus some skills i lost with wc delerium, that i only prebuff with now...Oh and i switched out my Trang gloves for frostburns and with 2 wizzys & choice mana gc's i have 1878 mana...i didnt put many points in Bo and shout...and am regreting it sept 4 the shout...in this set up ne way.
Base my bo is only lvl 8 and my shout lvl 2...the way i built this char is if im getting hit im dying...basicly mainly attributed to cheapo/self found gear

however i plan on remaking... and spending some HR's i have stocked up...makeing this a serious BVC, that would include windys and h-dins as fairly ezer targets than they are now
2xwizzy of course
switch wizzy/SS...max block
2x10% rings...hopefully bahamuts ring of the apprentice...buku mana
Same ammy, or Rare with str and dex added
Arachs
silkweave...i dont wanna usem but i cant think of a better one
'nigma ofcourse
And i o so want a 2 baba skillz, 20%fcr/fhr/frw/life circ...id kill 4 that if not trang helm for 150 mana
and trang gloves to acceed the FCR bp

10.points in howl,taunt,Bc
max Bo,wc
total so far is 72 including shout and Battle command
1 in natrez,inc speed/stanima
5 in iron skin

then drop the rest in to shout...i didnt do exact math, but it totaled correctly in my head trying to get this up as quick as possible, it should equal to 80 before upping shout

and yes no delete SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! and if this is carp ideas just ignore me and ill get the picture and ST*U

I've just built mine up to 70 odd, and I have to say this is a damn strong support character. The amount of crowd control at this guys disposal is enormous, and he is damn tanky to boot. Thanks for the singer guide!

Dealing with phys immunes:

Invest 1 point in skills all the way to Berserk. That's 4 points, which you can generally afford. With the Howl synergy and the odd +10 or so to skills, the damage bonus from Berserk is massive.

Place a Bloodtree Stump socketed with a Shael on switch -- you get high damage, Crushing Blow, resist all, and skill points in Mace mastery.

Strategy for phys immunes: BattleCry everyone, WarCry the non-immunes until they die, keep the immunes stunned and hack at them with massive magic damage and Crushing Blow.

Dealing with phys immunes:

Invest 1 point in skills all the way to Berserk. That's 4 points, which you can generally afford. With the Howl synergy and the odd +10 or so to skills, the damage bonus from Berserk is massive.

Place a Bloodtree Stump socketed with a Shael on switch -- you get high damage, Crushing Blow, resist all, and skill points in Mace mastery.

Strategy for phys immunes: BattleCry everyone, WarCry the non-immunes until they die, keep the immunes stunned and hack at them with massive magic damage and Crushing Blow.

Or better, equip insight yourself and give merc reaper's toll to cast decrypt. -50% phy resists most definently makes up for your lost +5-6 skills

Guide looks awesome, should be a fun build to play.

it is a very fun build, particularly if you've got enigma and can teleport around a room stunning everything for 10 seconds at a time. the fun increases if you're playing in a party. it's a viable build solo, but much more fun with others to appreciate the safety you provide.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High