Warcry using Barb Guide v. 2 by memememe173

1 or 2 hits? 100% of 105-147 is...105-147 so that would still take a while...plus it's hella expsive, and won't work agaisnt the big pains on mana (act bosses) though it's very original...great thought

Ya I thought it would be better then waiting around for mana to regen tho. Felt I needed to sell it a bit. Still at level 30 39 mana per cast that is 2-3 casts per attack. That does not sound too bad.

xpumafangx said:
NOOBSTICK.[/SIZE]

I think Mace Mastery works with Staves, like this and ribcracker. So that's some bonus to attack rating, even if you just throw one skill poin in there. You might also use it wiht a one point concentration, bash, whatever to up the damage a bit, so you'll leech a bit more. But no, its no Cobra Strike after a TS/DTail volley

xpumafangx said:
Ya staffs work with mace mastery but why get a point in that or bash if it has a jah rune.
Because with a Singer you will have plus skills, so that will increase them to decent levels. Also, MM has additional damage and chance to critical strike increasing your damage. Damage that you can leech from. And its a bargain at just two skill points. Bash has knockback and +50% damage at level one, its 95% more damage at level 10 which should be close with the plus skills you'll have.

Ya your right about all that. But what I was trying to get at is. If you wanted to make a singer guild. It would be a good ideal to not add to any of the combatskills or combat masterys. So that way no one would feel any temption to max or add any more skill points to those skills. So if you wanted to use a pure singer and was having trouble getting mana that staff with a jah rune in it would do enuff to get you the mana you needed plus what ever else you wanted to use. It is not like the monsters are actly going to hit back when they are all stunned up any ways.

xpumafangx said:
Ya your right about all that. But what I was trying to get at is. If you wanted to make a singer guild. It would be a good ideal to not add to any of the combatskills or combat masterys. So that way no one would feel any temption to max or add any more skill points to those skills. So if you wanted to use a pure singer and was having trouble getting mana that staff with a jah rune in it would do enuff to get you the mana you needed plus what ever else you wanted to use. It is not like the monsters are actly going to hit back when they are all stunned up any ways.

But with one point you would recharge your mana more. And with only one hard point you'll still do less damage than WarCry (because you'll be hitting more than one) and with guides, I think you need to give direction for hybrids.

If this was a hybird, then go with it. Even if you are getting more mana leech with the staff per hit. It still is not needed.

I don't see your big problem with the idea.

Your idea of using the Mana Leech staff was good. I'm just not thinking it will fill up that Battle Ordered, Frosty & Silk Weave boosted mana pool very quickly. Because the staff has decent damage, but not super damage.

I was saying if you have two skill points to blow, put one in Mace Mastery and one in Bash and you'll more than double the physical damage you are doing with the staff (which will more than double the mana you get back per hit) which will reduce in half the number of hits it will take you to fill up your mana bulb, so you can go back to Warcrying more quickly. Believe me no one is going to try to kill anything with level 1-plus skills Bash. The faster you leech mana back, the faster you can go back to casting Warcry, which will still be the way you'll kill anything.

Putting two points here, only improves on your idea. You could say you don't have the skill points to waste. For some people they won't want to put the points. --Valid train of thought.

You could say with a singer you shouldn't (for style sake) melee attack at all, but your staff idea breaks this rule already. -- Valid train of thought

Or you could be trying to say that for style sake you shouldn't put any points into Mace Mastery and Bash. And if that's the case, I'm just laughing, because that makes no sense and is a ******** train of thought.

Or you could be trying to say that for style sake you shouldn't put any points into Mace Mastery and Bash. And if that's the case, I'm just laughing, because that makes no sense and is a ******** train of thought.

Ya it is a F***uped train of thought. And ya that is what I am thinking. Why well here

once you start adding in that much combat skills, its probably better for you to go with the regular build for that type, just with 1-10 points in WC for a bit of stun

I feel that the maker of the guild should have the last say in it all. If they did not want to add to any combat skills thats cool. I just came up with a weapon that would work with out any combat skills. MEME was saying that to a post about adding 1 to berserk from a helm.

MEME will decide what goes in there. I just wanted it to make the most sense possible. When MEME was telling me personally that he thought my idea of maxing Berserk, not just one point from a helm, but maxing it was too far off from his singer. I agree with MEME that that is the case. He shouldn't have to include every hybrid into his guide. I was throwing in an option for hybrids that MEME might want to include in the guide.

Berserk won't leech. It does Magic Damage, so you can't use it to leech. I was going to use Berserk to actually attack between waves of Warcrys. And truthfully that's more of a Berserker that uses Warcry than a singer that uses Berserk.

But, what we were talking about was a way to leech back. That has nothing to do with Berserk. I just felt like you were trying to dissuade people from taking my advice for putting a couple skill points to increase your leech. I thought your idea was pretty good. And I thought my advice regarding your idea was good.

I can't make anyone try it. But I don't think the idea is bad. And I don't think that one point in a mastery and one point in a combat skill is a bringing the build in a direction away from singing, like the idea I had earlier to max Berserk would.

Throwing another idea out there, Heck if you don't like bash you could use Leap Attack (you'll get that anyway). Leap Attack has AR bonus and damage bonus, but it may have hit problems with Desync similar to Dragon Flight and its hard to leap attack a couple times really quick.

We snot if MEME says cool then ya go with bash. I used to like leap attack. Till I found out that it was soo buggy. Skidding around looked cool in other games but not this one.

memememememmeme said:
Over a small amount of casts, the damage a level 32+ WC d
Short and concise guide. Does have a few points "newbie" singers (like myself) would miss, but a PvP section is always nice. Oh, and I'd like to see the end of the quoted sentence :fish:

Battle Orders: 20 points. BO more then doubles your mana and health, making a high mana and life pool achievable. BO will not multiply any mana or life gained from these modifiers: +life/mana per level, +vitality/energy or +% mana/life.

Just to verify, so Battle Orders will only work with actual points invested in Vitality and charms/gear with a flat +life (like a helm that has +53 life on it)?

And something like Thundergods Vigor, that +20 Vitality will increase your life, but it isn't multiplied by Battle Orders?

Thanks.

InfiniteWisdom said:
Just to verify, so Battle Orders will only work with actual points invested in Vitality and charms/gear with a flat +life (like a helm that has +53 life on it)?

And something like Thundergods Vigor, that +20 Vitality will increase your life, but it isn't multiplied by Battle Orders?

Thanks.

right

only flat life bonuses and actual points spent in vitality are increased by BO. everything else is added on after BO multiplies base life.

works with BO:
+50 to life
100 stat points in vitality

does not work:
+1 life per character level
+1 vitality per character level
+10 vitality
+5 to all stats
+10% to max life

thunder gods, verdungos, BotD (+30 to all) come after BO, so it is vitality bonus x 4 = actual life added. thunder gods would add 80 life.

+% to max life works off your base life, meaning the flat bonuses and stat allocation. thus, +10% max life is not increased to 20% from BO. it is added to BO, so if you have +100% from BO and +10% max life, you have +110% base life.

acceleration turkey said:
right

only flat life bonuses and actual points spent in vitality are increased by BO. everything else is added on after BO multiplies base life.

works with BO:
+50 to life
100 stat points in vitality

does not work:
+1 life per character level
+1 vitality per character level
+10 vitality
+5 to all stats
+10% to max life

thunder gods, verdungos, BotD (+30 to all) come after BO, so it is vitality bonus x 4 = actual life added. thunder gods would add 80 life.

+% to max life works off your base life, meaning the flat bonuses and stat allocation. thus, +10% max life is not increased to 20% from BO. it is added to BO, so if you have +100% from BO and +10% max life, you have +110% base life.

Rats.

Thanks for the reply.

A comment on merc weapon. Reaper's Toll is a good weapon for this build - no doubt about it - but you should consider a Cresent Moon runeword. I know Decrepify will reduce physical resists and thereby boosting War Cry's damage as well as slowing them down. But since your main strategy is to stun large groups of monsters around you I would think that the Static Field from Cresent Moon would increase the overall kill speed of the party more - especially with a Lower Resist cursing necro and a few sorcs.

Sure...just depends on how much you play in groups...because not only can the decrep add damage, it can break immuneities

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High