ultimate Pit-runner

ULTIMATER said:
I think you should explain why, IIRC its only lvl3 that is a 85area. Alot of time wasted IMO. With Enigma its maybe doable, but not everyone have one. Recharging a 25 Charge teleammie costs 80k.. If you dont have a VERY good map you may have to recharge it twice per run to get down too lvl3..

Strafe works very good down there, but its not enough to skip the Pits.

My 0.346 Norwegian kroner.

It is not that bad place imo. Lair 1&2 are lvl 84 areas, so bosses can drop everything, and lvl 3 is 85 as you said. There is also many chests and for some builds that place is very easy. I have also found Dimensional Shard and Glorious Axe there

I loved Wolfies build so much that I modeled my Zon after his build. After Mat'ing her, I tinkered with turning her into my main Magic Find character to see if she would still survive. I finally came up with a good mixture of survivability/killing speed/magic find and she is still plenty survivable (as long as I use caution...ie: don't go running too far ahead of your Merc and Valk and straight into a pack of Archers or Fanatic Battlemaidens in the PIT...it doesn't turn out pretty ;)

My Gear:

Harley (Ptopaz)
Chains of Honor Wire Fleece
Gore Riders
Chanceguards
Goldwrap (upgraded)
Windforce
Atma's Scarab
Ravenfrost
Nagelring (Natures Peace when I get one)

My Defiance Merc:

Shaftstop (upgraded)
Stealskull (PTopaz)
Reapers Toll

My inventory is juiced with 7% smfc for a total of 196% in charms and a 30% Gheeds (could get more, but I like to have the 2x4 box open for easy pick-ups)
I believe if I added right, my MF total comes to 425% if I get the kill, 490% if the Merc gets it (the Stealskull isn't a perfect one :( )

Once I swap out the Nagel for the Nature's Peace, I'll probably fill that 2x4 square to keep me at 400% (just a nice round number :)

I run the A5SU's, The Pit, Meph, Pindle and the WSK levels pretty easily...except when I run into the Gloams, then its ESC city (since my resists are at -5 I am on the fragile side). Unfortunately I can't run Baal with this build...I can kill the minions and get to the big guy, but at the cost of A LOT of Rejuvs and time, it just doesn't seem worth it to me.

bhaalistik said:
My Gear:

Harley (Ptopaz)
Chains of Honor Wire Fleece
Gore Riders
Chanceguards
Goldwrap (upgraded)
Windforce
Atma's Scarab
Ravenfrost
Nagelring (Natures Peace when I get one)

My Defiance Merc:

Shaftstop (upgraded)
Stealskull (PTopaz)
Reapers Toll
If my gear was anyways near this good I would be totally annihilating everything in the Pit with my LF Hybrid Zon. She is doing ok without elite gear but you have to be a bit more careful. My HF merc is using crap and still surviving decently. He is using Blackhorns Face, Guardian Angel, and a rare polearm. I am using a Vamp Gaze, Smoke Dusk Shroud, Rare Gloves, Infernostride, magical ammy with big life (+96 I think) and resists, Dwarf Star, Soj, Titans/Buriza switch, Rhyme Grim Shield. Not ideal gear but I am surviving just fine. I am into Act II Hell currently and plan to Mat. her this weekend.
:D

Just worth mentioning is that barbs seem to do as well as ever as magic find characters. The build I've heard talked about at SPTN maxes Whirlwind, Mastery of choice, Battle Orders, and almost maxes Find Item (depending on how many +skill items you have). Barbs have the advantage of lots of life, Natural Resist, Increased Speed, and of course, all the horking to make your mf runs go twice as far.

Chris

@ Baedric....Ya she pretty much mutilates everything in her Strafe path, but Baal is just too defensive and takes FOREVER to widdle down so I don't bother with him. All those goodies were accumulated through the 2+ yrs I've been at this crack-like game (cept the Windy, which was a GRACIOUS present from mn4nu when he gave up 1.09 :worship: )

@ Icebird....I would really like to know how these WW Barbs survive in 1.10 because mine is waaay fragile still like I mentioned...if I come across a LE or a manaburner I'm screwed. Know of any builds that I can take a looky look at??

bhaalistik said:
@ Baedric....Ya she pretty much mutilates everything in her Strafe path, but Baal is just too defensive and takes FOREVER to widdle down so I don't bother with him. All those goodies were accumulated through the 2+ yrs I've been at this crack-like game (cept the Windy, which was a GRACIOUS present from mn4nu when he gave up 1.09 :worship: )
I have been playing quite a while too, just not on BNet, where I have been playing mostly since v110 came out. runs and hides
;)
I have most of the better gear in v109 SP. I just needed to do something to try and resurrect this game for me and this has been a good way for me to do just that. :D

I run the pit with 3 characters.
Multizon
WW barb
FO/M Sorc

The sorc does ok but it kinda slow on the kills. The barb can roll through there untouched but has the least amount of MF of the 3, only around 350% but his ability to hork makes up for that. My zon is the best runner with around 450 MF and multishot she clears the pit in half the time as the other 2 do so hands down my zon is the best pit runner. My zon is also the only one that can handle Baal runs without much effort.

I run it with both my Assassin and Fishymancer, only the lightning immunes give my assassin trouble (damn archers). The CE chain explosion makes short of anything once there's a corpse. My might merc uses CB to achieve that rather nicely with Hone Sundan (I love to have a Ber rune or two).

My Hammerdin on p8 full-clears the Pits for 8-10 min. with ~520% MF. Yeah, I know it's slow, but it's worth it! :D I'm making a list of my set/unique finds per run, so I'll post my finds for 50 Pit runs. It'll take awhile tho, because I'm still at run# 24 :lol: (I've made at least 100 undocumented Pit runs before...)

Barbs are fantastic pit runners. My IK barb can clear it in maybe 5-6 minutes on P1, don't care for increased drops with more players, since all Champions and Uniques can get me 2 items with Find Item. My old Iron Barb could do it without any itch but it took a while. Any chars dealing huge physical damage can clear it easily.

Icebird said:
Just worth mentioning is that barbs seem to do as well as ever as magic find characters. The build I've heard talked about at SPTN maxes Whirlwind, Mastery of choice, Battle Orders, and almost maxes Find Item (depending on how many +skill items you have). Barbs have the advantage of lots of life, Natural Resist, Increased Speed, and of course, all the horking to make your mf runs go twice as far.

What do they suggest / normally use for weapons? My old 1.09 WW barb (max WW, mastery) with dual (albeit low-end ED) CCBs doesn't kill things nearly fast enough for my liking on players 1, let alone players 8.

Tomb Reavers I suppose might work.... any other options?

I was running a 100 pitties on p3 with my converted 1.09 barb a few weeks ago. He has the exact skills Ice mentioned :)

Currently at run 37, don't know when I'll resume. But I can vouch barbs are very much viable in the pit.

flying_dug0ng said:
I was running a 100 pitties on p3 with my converted 1.09 barb a few weeks ago. He has the exact skills Ice mentioned :)

Currently at run 37, don't know when I'll resume. But I can vouch barbs are very much viable in the pit.

That's exactly what my skills are from my 1.09 WW Barb...it's the right equipment I'm haveing trouble nailing down so he wont die to the afforementioned problems

Definitely my multizon...still tweaking her equipment setup, but usually it's...

Ptopaz Harley
Enigma Wire Fleece or Ptopaz Skullder's
Chance Guards
nagel and ravenfrost
upgraded Goldwrap
Windforce
Aldur's boots

Pretty easily pwns everything...but my MF could be larger. I'm still looking for War Travellers and a Gheed's, and some more mfsc's. Again, weird that I have the high-end stuff, but not simple things. *grumble grumble*

But killing speed is never a factor. And I usually run on /players 5.

Vorbiss said:
My Hammerdin on p8 full-clears the Pits for 8-10 min. with ~520% MF. Yeah, I know it's slow, but it's worth it! :D I'm making a list of my set/unique finds per run, so I'll post my finds for 50 Pit runs. It'll take awhile tho, because I'm still at run# 24 :lol: (I've made at least 100 undocumented Pit runs before...)

What is your equipment Vorbiss? I have a hammerdin just starting NM, but, mf is always on the brain. I have some ideas for a setup for him later on. He will be wearing Enigma, Harley, and war travs for sure. Not sure on the belt/gloves/ammy/rings yet for fast cast needs. Merc will be wearing eth stealskull (48%) and skullders most likely.

I’d just like to see some hammerdin mf setup for the pit.

mn4nu

mn4nu said:
What is your equipment Vorbiss? I have a hammerdin just starting NM, but, mf is always on the brain. I have some ideas for a setup for him later on. He will be wearing Enigma, Harley, and war travs for sure. Not sure on the belt/gloves/ammy/rings yet for fast cast needs. Merc will be wearing eth stealskull (48%) and skullders most likely.

I’d just like to see some hammerdin mf setup for the pit.

mn4nu
i alredy listed mine but i have a lower amount if mf% then vorbiss.

so while you wait you can look at mine for some clue of how it can look

lone_wolf said:
what gear does your hammewrdin uses??

mine is equiped with

helm harlyes
ammy maras
armour chains of honor
belt archnid
ring 1 raven
ring 2 soj
gloves magefist
boots war travlers
weapon1 heart ofd the oak flair
shield1 HOZ
weapon2 dual ist ali baba
shield2 HOZ

and some 7%,6%,5%,4%mf charms and gheeds

most inv is taken up by lion branded charms to up my damage to 12k (displayed that is) for a better view of your damage take the min damage of blessed hammer and multiply it with the half amount of ed you get from concentration.

Ah, Ok lone wolf I see your stuff now. It looks like you get a lot of mf from the baba, harley, war travs, and chains of honor, plus charms.

If I assume I have a lvl 80 hammerdin, then I could get roughly this much mf with a similar setup:

helm: Harley (74%)
armor: Enigma (80%) I love this armor!!
boots: War Travs (49%)
weapon: Hoto Flail (0) 40% faster cast(gotta get 75)
belt: gloomstrap/arachnidmesh (0) (0/20 faster cast)
I would need gloomstrap till level 80, or maybe a caster belt
ring: soj
ring: ravenfrost
gloves: magefist/chancies (37) (20/0 faster cast)
shield: HoZ

switch:
weapon: baba (80)
shield: rhyme (25)

That gives about 203 mf w/o any mf charms or weapon switch and no chancies. That will give me the 75% fast cast breakpoint too. I am sure I could get it to over 300 mf with charms. On the switch I will lose damage and fast cast, but pick up over 100 mf. This would be used sparingly.

I can see maybe 350 tops w/o swich and 450 w/ switch. Is 350 enough to get nice stuff on players 8? I’d rather kill faster and have a little lower mf.

mn4nu

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High